204a. Mutiny on the Krusty

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
season 4-9 aint all so bad said:
Also, how did Kaz get away with the monster pulling Mr, Krabs' feet off? Really, you'd think Nickelodeon wouldn't approve of that.
It also happened in Squeaky Boots.

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
This episode was just...... weird. I can't really rate it because the oddness is just too much to handle. I did find the "Hatty Patty" joke to be funny. Plus, there's a My Leg, although I don't know how a DIME can hurt someone... Also, how did Kaz get away with the monster pulling Mr, Krabs' feet off? Really, you'd think Nickelodeon wouldn't approve of that.
Where was the "my leg"?

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
JerryTheSnail said:
Where was the "my leg"?
Somewhere around after Krabs returns.

I didn't think the episode was bad. It was fine. Krabs' rudeness was played for comedic purpose, like in Rule of Dumb. Plus, there was a legitimate reason for this: Krabs' crew "betrayed" him by making Squidward a captain.

Plus, a rare reference to the intro: "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!".

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
If the rudeness of the character is acknowledged in the episode, then I'm fine with it. I don't see the universal hate for this episode just for that. It was done ON PURPOSE, like in Rule of Dumb. Maybe the rewatch would help you.

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
Ok I just re-watched the episode and liked it a lot more. My problem before was that I watched it in a video with some scenes cut out. That was my bad, there was nothing wrong with the pacing, and it was funnier than I remembered. Mr. Krabs was fine since his jerkiness was the whole conflict of the episode, I just found the whole "you have to spend all your money here" thing to be annoying. To be honest, I shouldn't have reviewed it in the first place without seeing the FULL episode first, sorry 'bout that. This was a decent episode.

BobCarotte

meep
Just watched it. I kinda liked this episode tbh. I didn't like Krabs in this episode but it was still entertaining. Also at the ending Dad Krabs was back! :wub: but still rude :bullshrimp:

I give this episode a 7/10 for now. I'll watch it again and we'll see if my opinions change.

EDIT: I just rewatched this episode. I found it funnier than the first time I saw it. I give it a 7.5/10 now.

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
After re-watching this episode, I have to say it is a good episode, not great but good. I still found Mr. Krabs unlikable in this episode but it had some good jokes like SpongeBob calling the local Krusty Krab and Squidward getting eaten by the monster. Overall I would give it a 7/10.

nortonstime

Floating Shopping List
Ultimately, I was let down by the episode.

The premise is great -- an episode alluding to the events of Mutiny on The Bounty is something I'm surprised they haven't done sooner. Unfortunately, the way they go about making Squidward the captain is extremely lazy. It seems that ultimately the main characters are simply at the mercy of the whims of the customers. They may have had unique character designs, but they fell flat as characters.

My main grievance is how this episode glorifies Krabs' greed. The implication that they can only survive if a tyrant is in charge is worriesome. And of course, Squidward got the short end of the stick even though the worst thing he did in the episode was not help Krabs out of the barrel (which Spongebob is guilty of as well, mind you). It's almost chilling that Squidward is desperately yelling "I DON'T WANT TO BE CAPTAIN I DON'T WANT TO BE CAPTAIN" as they throw him into the mouth of the monster. If they wanted to punish him for jerkish actions, they should've characterized him the same way they did in Bulletin Board as he was much more of a jerk there. Here, he just seemed clueless and terrified.

(Though admittedly both times Krabs and Squid got eaten were kinda funny, as were the customer reactions).

Squidbob moments were unnecessary but I've gotten over them.

This episode was a great opportunity to show Krabs caring for his employees but the writers squandered it. The last moments simply weren't enough to justify Krabs' villainy as a good thing.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
Good episode although I was more impressed with the animation in this one. Given that it's the last season 9 episode produced, it does show signs that it will be getting much better in the following season. Either way the reception for this is almost like the Fishbowl: promising premise but it seems people didn't enjoy it because of characters acting like jerks. That was the weak point but there were some funny scenes like the one Vincent tweeted. My thoughts on this will be decided later on but right now it's around an 8/10

Smaher

Moby Dollar
Don't think this episode is as bed as people make it. Actually pretty good, imo.

But Krab's was still an a-hole in this. Unlikeable. Could've done with some comeuppance.

Vincent Waller

Floating Shopping List
Smaher said:
Don't think this episode is as bed as people make it. Actually pretty good, imo.

But Krab's was still an a-hole in this. Unlikeable. Could've done with some comeuppance.
He did get some comeuppance in that he was stripped of his power, stuck is a barrel and then thrown over board in a rip tide.
:)

I guess I'm in the minorty here that enjoyed this one :SBGRIN:

Granted, Mr. Krabs was a jerk here but mostly in the begining and the end, so that didn't take away my enjoyment from this episode. Plus him getting stuck by a barrel was pretty hilarious. I enjoyed the adventure in this episode, even I can find some sort of enjoyment in costumers. And Mr. Krabs fighting with the monster was pretty good. Also reference to 10 cents in Can You Spare a Dime was great, even though the dime was small this time. So yeah I enjoyed watching this one. My only complaint is that I suppose it could have been funnier and the ending was bad but other than those, I enjoyed it.

Grade: B+

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Now that I've seen the entire episode this time, I thought this wasn't a very good episode. Mr. Krabs was an annoying cheapskate at the beginning, and there wasn't that many funny or memorable moments. I really liked how adventurous this episode was, but that's not saying much. It was mediocre, but VERY close to bad. 5/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: Mutiny on the Krusty

This episode was very decent. Mr Krabs was a greedy jerk, but he redeemed himself by fighting the monster. There were few funny jokes. 6.5/10

SUS

Moby Dollar
Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­t
I'm honestly surprised by all the hate this episode is getting. I thought it was a great episode! The only part I didn't really like was the beginning. Mr. Krabs being willfully ignorant kinda set me off. He felt generally flanderized, but he was bearable. I liked a lot of the jokes in this episode. Probably in my top 5 for this season. I give it an 8.5/10.

Back