203b. Salsa Imbecilicus

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
I love the direction they went in with this episode. It was really cool seeing Sandy interact with Karen, and Plankton becoming the bully was funny. It was also very interesting seeing the characters in a school environment (there's even a reference to New Student Starfish with the one-way chalkboard). Also The Rake Hornpipe is back!!!!

My one problem with this one is the pacing. It took a little too long to get to the school part, which I wanted to see more of. Other than that I'd say this was a pretty good episode to end the week on.

Also I noticed both this episode and Pineapple Invasion end with Plankton going off into the sunset.

chances14

Imitation Krab
kind of an odd episode. Gonna have to re watch it a few times to really get a feel for it

on the surface, this was an average episode to me. not the funniest episode but seeing the first ever karen-sandy team up was cool.

The Navy

Banished
This to my knowledge is one of the few times in the series we've seen Sandy and Plankton interact. For that reason alone and the creativity, it gets a 7/10 from me. Only issue is the pacing was a little weird and not all the jokes quite hit.

Pikablu183

Imitation Krab
The worst part is the confusion around the plot. How did two people manage to educate thousands of people in one semester? Do the citizens still have all of their memories and knowledge of before the incident? Is the Krabby Patty formula still the same? If Krabs was able to just remake it, couldn't he have done that in Sponge Out of Water?
Pushing all that aside, I like episodes like this that have a fresh concept and stand out from other episodes. It was pretty cool to see Sandy and Karen team up, and I really appreciate that they've been focusing episodes on characters other than Spongebob. I know it's his show, but there's a lot of other great characters too that are good to see in the spotlight for an episode or two.

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
Well this episode was interesting. The way the episode was structured and the concept of a whole new canon sounds interesting for something like a spin-off where there is a new canon that takes place in this new version of the story. I also liked how Sandy and Karen teamed up.

Also is this the last episode of Season 9 in production order?

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
BenPaz said:
Well this episode was interesting. The way the episode was structured and the concept of a whole new canon sounds interesting for something like a spin-off where there is a new canon that takes place in this new version of the story. I also liked how Sandy and Karen teamed up.

Also is this the last episode of Season 9 in production order?
Nope, 204 is the last one.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
This episode was the ''surprise'' episode for me this week, coz I really really didn't expect a team from Sandy and Karen! I liked this episode and it was funny at times , I am giving it a 10! :)

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
Tbh this was a pleasant surprise I didn't think this was going to be good because you know how stupid-Patrick plots have gone in the past but it was very entertaining had a good ending, and that team up was phenomenal.

9/10

My favourites of the week 5 is least fav 1 is fav
5- Sandy's Nutmare
4- Lame and Fortune
3- Pineapple Invasion
2- Salsa Imbecilicus
1- Food Con Castaways

Noah Spongy

FIRETRUCK CLOWNS
A really great episode. "SpongeBob at School" was a dynamic I've wanted to see for a long time...and we finally got an episode that did it, and it did it very well.
>completely disregards New Student Starfish cuz we both know how much we hate the episode
lol

Anyway, this episode was a huge surprise for me, as everything was completely unexpected! I love the weird teamup, the university, the jokes with people being dumb, dumb Plankton being the school bully, it was all the most wild ride I've had all week! A 9.5/10 for me

This wasn't the funniest of the week, but it's rather very clever (how ironic). The direction Kaz have taken was really intruguing and that's a huge props to him. I loved loved loved Sandy's inteactions with Karen, such a fresh way to see two characters, who don't interact much, interacting more. Another thing i loved about this is that how ironic I found that Plankton saying he went to college before but he didn't graduate from Sandy's college and he is still dumb at the end lol. Oh and the twist at the end was just so unexpected and clever, I loved it. My msin issue with this ep is that some of gags felt repetitive for me, i mean yeah, they are supposed to be dumb but most of time the dumb stuff were them just hurting each other or making noises and not enough clever gags revolving around their stupidity (The Futurama ep "The Day Earth stood Stupid" had similar thing but there were more clever gags about their stupidity imo). I can still forgive cuz some of them were a bit amusing and direction Kaz have taken was so well-done. Such a cool eppie imo.

​​​​​​​Grade: A-

Noah Spongy said:
>completely disregards New Student Starfish cuz we both know how much we hate the episode
lol
oh yeah lol
the part said "did it and did it very well" so
it wouldn't count either way

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
A Sandy-Karen team up is something I've been wanting to see for a long time and it was amazing and this is probably my favorite episode of the season so far

I wish I had something clever to say but all my thoughts are basically just keysmashes right now

Cha

I love SBM
The dumb designs for the citizens were weird but it's pretty cool seeing Karen and Sandy interact again. (They did in Perfect Chemistry and Frozen Face-Off a little bit.) And it was a twist to see Plankton affected as well. Kinda reminded me of Goo Goo Gas in that sense. I liked the laugh track in the beginning but Patrick licking Plankton's butt was quite weird. That scene with dumb Plankton and Krabs was pretty funny. This has to be one of the weirdest twists episodes that literally went from average to weird in a great way. I just wish that this school plot was longer, I'd love to see a whole school of the cast just interacting and doing college like shenanigans.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
If I'm going to be honest, this is probably my least favourite episode of Season 9b. I don't know if it's a "bad" episode, that's gonna take some time to think about, but it's certainly the weakest episode thus far. Although I like the fact that Sandy and Karen team up, and highlight some similarities in terms of their personalities, and the scene inside Patrick's mouth was pretty cool (seems to be a recurring trend), but the scene showing the new stupid Bikini Bottomites drags on for longer than it should (I mean, we get it, they're stupider than Patrick, that takes about 10 seconds to explain), and the climax where they treat Plankton like a high school bully and Mr. Krabs as a victim didn't really seem sensical to me. Again, I don't find it a terrible episode, but it has it's problems.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: Salsa Imbecilicus

This episode was solid. The plot was outstanding. My only little complaint about this episode is that the characters were dumber than Patrick (even dumber than season 6 Patrick), but maybe they're dumber because they got one aspect of Patrick. So it doesn't bother me very much. There were some funny jokes. 8.5/10

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
"If you must know, I made sauce. But. When I add Patrick's DNA to it, it will become Salsa Imbecilicus. Idiot Sauce! I'll serve it to Krabs and it'll make him so dumb, he'll just give me the secret formula." - Plankton

This episode was different, very different. The plot is Plankton makes sauce with Patrick's DNA to feed to Mr. Krabs to make him an idiot so he can give him the formula, but his plans go terribly wrong, and everyone in Bikini Bottom becomes an idiot, except for Sandy and Karen. I give Kaz credit, this was a very interesting plot and could've made a great episode. But, it didn't. The problem with this episode is, it's just so boring, the pacing feels very slow in this episode, and there seems to be little to no jokes. There are some good things about it but, it has more negatives than positives. I feel like it would've been more interesting if Sandy and Karen calculated a new sauce to feed to everybody in the town to make them smart again, but instead they basically start a high school and teach all the Bottomites to be smart again. This episode wasn't bad, but it wasn't good, it's more of a mediocre episode. I would recommend it if you think it sounds interesting, but if the episode doesn't sound interesting to you, odds are it won't be. Overall I would give this episode a 4/10, and it is my least favorite of the July 2016 premiere week and the second half of Season 9 so far.

SuqZbAH.jpg

SquiddlyPie

random gal
This takes my 10...it was AMAZING...I laughed so hard when Plankton was the bully of the school...and now we can see why Mr.Krabs is so succesful ...because he studied :P , funny as well...I like that they compared 2 characters (Sandy and Karen) that usually don't ''go'' together...if you understand what I mean...the University idea was so funny...Poor Plankton tho, he couldn't educate himself...I like how he approves every single stupid idea just for the formula :P 10/10

mitchellthespongebobfan

Imitation Krab
It seems to me that fans have mixed opinions on this episode; some find it on the lower scare of season 9b in terms of quality, while others are calling it amazing. And, much to my own surprise, I've found myself one of those people who considers it amazing. When I first heard about this episode, my expectations weren't high, but they were broken and surpassed. First off, it's an episode with Plankton and a plan to get the secret formula that doesn't involve him stealing it the whole time. Instead, the plot takes a turn for what I believe is the better when the whole town, excluding Karen and Sandy, are affected by the sauce and turned into idiots. I adore the idea of pairing Sandy and Karen together, as the two rarely interact. I also liked the introduction of a new location in Bikini Bottom University. It made the episode feel fresh. The graduation ceremony at the end was a nice touch and the episode was filled with funny gags. My favorite was when Patrick was riding his skateboard backwards. Additionally, it was nice to see the return of a two way chalkboard at the end which felt like a nod towards New Student Starfish.

CherrySponge

There can only be one 'Jellyfishing King!'
Fighting against 'The Pods' with my good friends '
It's always satisfying to see an episode with a different partnership for once. Karen and Sandy worked very well together and the end was especially funny. However, in conclusion, I think there should be less episodes focused on Plankton/the Kristy Krab as a whole.
No rating given for this one.

I like the plot of this episode. While I will admit that the joke about how stupid the townspeople are does become slightly repetitive, it's not too bad. Plus, the way the conflict is resolved was something I honestly wasn't expecting. It's a fun episode with some funny jokes, meaning that it's what I want in an episode of this show. 8/10

Back