203a. Pineapple Invasion

It was so much fun. Definitely felt like a Tom and Jerry short to me. Plankton's attempts to break in SpongeBob house were clever, especially the girl scout impression was so well done. Last 3 mins with Plankton inside Gary's shell was so trippy I loved it so much. The ep had a great pacing and so many amusing moments. I loved it. Best of the week, along with it's partner.

​​​​​​​Grade: A-

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: Pineapple Invasion

This episode was solid. The plot was creative. I liked Plankton's scheme. I liked the interactions between Plankton and Gary. The slapstick humor made it well, and reminded me of a classic Tom & Jerry episode. There were many funny jokes. 8.5/10

What a fun episode this was. You know, this kind of plot sounds like it could be a mediocre Season 6-7 episode, but Kaz shows his brilliant writing skills once again and makes what seems like a simple "steal the formula" story really unique and fun. I loved the beginning with the skunk, the return of "I went to college!" as well as when Plankton was inside Gary's shell. It all made for a very fast-paced yet enjoyable adventure. Yet another gem of Season 9b! 9/10

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
10/10. Best episode of the week by far! From My Leg, to the hilarious skunk parts, it's just amazing!

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
*Spoiler Alert, If you haven't seen the episode, I would strongly recommend NOT to read my review!*
"Gary, I'm home. [gasps] What happened here?" - SpongeBob​
"Pineapple Invasion" was definitely an interesting episode, everything from the skunk at the beginning to the strange, but hilarious ending, it's an episode full of laughs! The episode starts with Plankton going about his plans to steal the Krabby Patty formula, and then enters the Krusty Krab with a tarp over a wagon, he takes the tarp of and a skunk is revealed. The skunk then goes crazy and there are gases everywhere. This part really makes me laugh, especially SpongeBob's reaction to the gases reaching the Krabby Patties. "No! NOT THE PATTIES!". The customers then run away from the Krusty Krab, then goes Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob follow. Mr. Krabs then realizes that Plankton is still inside the Krusty Krab with his secret formula. He then runs in and finds Plankton about to blow up his safe, the safe explodes and another safe is revealed. SpongeBob then enters the Krusty Krab and Mr. Krabs says he needs to work on his security systems for the formula and asks SpongeBob to take the formula to his house and hide it. SpongeBob agrees and he heads home. The next day, Plankton attempts in various ways to enter SpongeBob's house while Gary is in charge. Gary then stops him multiple times. Plankton then manages to enter the pineapple and tears apart the house looking for the formula. Then we have some Tom and Jerry type clips with Gary and Plankton, in which, I really enjoyed. Plankton then enters Gary's shell, thinking the formula is inside. SpongeBob then comes home and realizes that his house is a mess, and it is revealed the formula was above the TV the whole time, he then takes Gary to the vet as he is twitching in the corner and he thinks something is wrong with him. But it's really because he's trying to get Plankton out of his shell. It is revealed that the gases inside Gary's shell were making Plankton go crazy and the episode ends. I found this episode really entertaining to watch, but it is not a perfect episode, as it is boring in some parts. I still recommend this episode and overall I would give it a score of 7.5/10, a good episode.
ThIL2jh.jpg

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
I really liked it. However, its the only episode aired recently that I have forgotten parts of.

Hazmart

Moby Dollar
Pros: Here we are presented with an original and well crafted idea, the development is well I could not wait
much of an episode with this plot, add points to extend the story with the scene in the Krusty Krab.
Again we have a good animation and many visual gags, and the surreal sequence of Gary's Shell was very creative.
There are many references to old episodes like Plankton phrase "I went to college!" and the use of several
classic songs like "Tomfoolery" and "What shall we do With The Drunken Sailor"
Cons: The part of the skunk was a bit disgusting.
This time can not be far highlight the ingenuity of Plankton and his plans for the formula are very
stupid, but I can not deny that were funny, but could definitely do better.
Writing feels a bit loose here, even though the story has good development and good pace, I think it could
have been better written.
Conclusion: It is a creative episode due the Plankton's attempts to get the formula.
Final Rating: 8.5 / 10 ( Good )

FaLaLaLaLa Un-i-ver-rse

What year do I come back again?
"Open up the sparkly apple juice, Karen. Daddy's bringing the bacon home" Kills me every time

Also, and I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but I noticed some similarities to invader Zim in here

Giant Clam
EASILY the best one in this little batch.

8.5/10!

Out of the Blue

Floating Shopping List
To be honest, the entire second half could have been a short in season five. We really didn't need this first half with the skunk...even though it's really funny.

But, what keeps this episode together is the second half. I find it really great! It's what makes this episode my favourite from 9B and it's even in my personal top 25 episodes of the entire series. Although, it is still an 9/10 and it's still #25 on that list so a little less special...

Also, it's worlds better than the other episode that has Pineapple as the first word in the title.

This episode was decent, but felt really empty. Several elements of the plot were done in other episodes, meaning that it doesn't bring anything new to the table. There weren't that many funny gags, either. 6/10

I love this episode. The plot is great, the execution is great, there are a bunch of funny jokes; this whole episode is great. I love it, and I wish more episodes were like this one.

Ranking so far:
1. Pineapple Invasion (A+)
2. CopyBob DittoPants (A+)
3. What's Eating Patrick? (A+)
4. Larry's Gym (A+)
5. License to Milkshake (A)
6. Tutor Sauce (A)
7. Evil Spatula (A)
8. It Came From Goo Lagoon (A)
9. Patrick! The Game (A)
10. Snail Mail (A)
11. Pull Up a Barrel (A)
12. Bulletin Board (A)
13. Eek, an Urchin! (A)
14. Sharks vs. Pods (A)
15. Lame and Fortune (B)
16. Bumper to Bumper (B)
17. Plankton's Pet (B)
18. Jailbreak! (B)
19. Lost in Bikini Bottom (B)
20. Patrick-Man! (B)
21. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (B)
22. Goodbye, Krabby Patty? (B)
23. Yeti Krabs (B)
24. Sold! (B)
25. Extreme Spots (B)
26. Mall Girl Pearl (B)
27. Squid Plus One (B)
28. Safe Deposit Krabs (B)
29. Gary's New Toy (B)
30. Company Picnic (B)
31. Don't Look Now (C)
32. Squirrel Record (C)
33. Sandy's Nutmare (C)
34. The Executive Treatment (C)
35. Two Thumbs Down (C)
36. The Fish Bowl (C)
37. Seance Shmeance (C)
38. SpongeBob LongPants (C)
39. Food Con Castaways (D)
40. Sanctuary! (D)
41. Squid Defense (D)
42. Kenny the Cat (D)
43. Married to Money (E)
44. Squid Baby (E)
45. Little Yellow Book (F)
46. SpongeBob You're Fired (F)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This episode was pretty fun. It feels like Shellback Shenanigans if it were made in an alternate universe. The visuals inside Gary's shell were very cool, and they make some good comedy of it. I feel like the beginning could've been cut down a bit, but other than that, this episode is pretty solid.

Good episode (7/10)

1. What's Eating Patrick? (10)
2. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (9)
3. Plankton's Pet (9)
4. Bulletin Board (8)
5. Sold! (8)
6. Goodbye, Krabby Patty? (8)
7. Squid Plus One (8)
8. Sharks vs. Pods (8)
9. Pull up a Barrel (8)
10. It Came From Goo Lagoon (8)
11. Mall Girl Pearl (7)
12. Tutor Sauce (7)
13. Eek, an Urchin! (7)
14. Pineapple Invasion (7)
15. Lame and Fortune (7)
16. Larry's Gym (7)
17. Jailbreak (7)
18. Copybob Dittopants (7)
19. Sandy's Nutmare (7)
20. License to Milkshake (6)
21. Patrick! the Game (6)
22. Lost in Bikini Bottom (6)
23. Snail Mail (6)
24. Extreme Spots (6)
25. The Executive Treatment (6)
26. Safe Deposit Krabs (6)
27. Squid Defense (6)
28. Gary's New Toy (6)
29. Bumper to Bumper (6)
30. Squirrel Record (5)
31. Séance Schméance (5)
32. Two Thumbs Down (5)
33. Patrick-Man! (5)
34. Married to Money (5)
35. Evil Spatula (5)
36. Company Picnic (5)
37. Kenny the Cat (5)
38. Sanctuary! (5)
39. Spongebob Longpants (4)
40. Food Con Castaways (4)
41. The Fish Bowl (4)
42. Yeti Krabs (4)
43. Don't Look Now (4)
44. Squid Baby (3)
45. Little Yellow Book (2)
46. Spongebob, You're Fired! (2)

As for the standalone 9b rating:

1. What's Eating Patrick? (10)
2. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (9)
3. Bulletin Board (8)
4. Sold! (8)
5. Goodbye, Krabby Patty? (8)
6. Squid Plus One (8)
7. Sharks vs. Pods (8)
8. Pull Up A Barrel (8)
9. Mall Girl Pearl (7)
10. Tutor Sauce (7)
11. Pineapple Invasion (7)
12. Lame and Fortune (7)
13. Larry's Gym (7)
14. Copybob Dittopants (7)
15. Sandy's Nutmare (7)
16. Patrick! the Game (6)
17. Lost in Bikini Bottom (6)
18. Snail Mail (6)
19. The Executive Treatment (6)
20. Two Thumbs Down (5)
21. Married to Money (5)
22. Company Picnic (5)
23. Sanctuary! (5)
24. Spongebob Longpants (4)
25. Food Con Castaways (4)
26. The Fish Bowl (4)

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This is a fun episode! I really enjoyed the scenes of Plankton wandering around SpongeBob's house, there's some good observational wordplay humor in there, and I also thought the scenes of him inside Gary's shell had quite a bit of good action in it. It's also a pretty well constructed episode too. The story isn't that complicated, but the twist at the end ws good, and I like how it was kind of foreshadowed in the beginning.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Oh yeah, now that’s what I’m talking about! We are finally back to another Gary-focused episode, and y’all, I can’t believe it, but right here, with “Pineapple Invasion”, we’re looking at a Gary-centric episode that doesn’t disappoint me! I know, it’s so very rare. But hey, this episode is basically Gary vs. Plankton, that already sounds good just from the name of it.

The beginning of this episode starts with chaos, and I love it. How Plankton managed to get a random skunk from the surface, who knows, but he used gas a lot more effectively than he did in “Goo Goo Gas”. And as always, it’s fun to see him get foiled (lots of great dialogue choices here). Of course Mr. Krabs would have a safe inside of his safe…I’m surprised we haven’t done this sooner (we haven’t, right? My memory for the small details is gone by this point, after 9 straight months of reviews, give me a break haha).

After this beginning scene, the real plot of the episode begins (I hate using these terms, but I don’t know what else to call it. Main plot?). SpongeBob takes the formula to his house so Mr. Krabs can up security in the restaurant (despite it clearly being more than enough to foil Plankton. And yes I know that’s the joke, I was just stating it). Mr. Krabs roasting Plankton was hilarious too…yet another reason why this show is in that vocabulary study lol. The next morning, SpongeBob entrusts Gary with the formula…this is where things start going my way.

Gary proves to be excellent security all on his own, because he thoroughly and completely stops Plankton from stealing the formula, and it is glorious to behold. For one thing, Gary’s utter lack of tolerance of Plankton’s BS is hilarious, plain and simple. I also think it’s fun to see what Gary gets up to when SpongeBob’s not home. Seems like he’s a newspaper reader…love that. Also the entire gimmick with the Sweetie Patrol cookies…Mr. Lawrence is a gift, honestly. Anyway, Gary is seriously a king in this episode, like he really does not care about anything Plankton does, he’s just trying to fulfill SpongeBob’s wish. This is some of the best Gary stuff I’ve seen in a while, and that’s saying something considering he’s been amazing for pretty much this whole season (ignoring “Gary’s New Toy”, though he wasn’t that bad there), especially the second half. Gary also Rube-Goldberging a trap for Plankton shows that this little snail is a genius! Y’all see why I have pledged my career to this snail (I’m CEO of Gary, that’s what I mean). And then when Plankton tries to fight Gary, Gary rocks his s***. I love it.

The ending of this episode is excellent as well, as we get all sorts of fun visuals as Plankton traverses the inside of Gary’s shell. And then I love how SpongeBob comes in and reveals that the formula was in the most obvious location all along. And then of course, we go full-circle with the beginning of this episode, as Plankton hallucinates because of the fumes in Gary’s shell, fumes he couldn’t smell because he didn’t have a nose. Oh, and of course, we have a gorgeous background to close us out.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.4/10

Back