203a. Pineapple Invasion

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
I thought this episode was good, but nothing like "Food Con Castaways". Maybe I'll have to watch it again to have further thoughts on it.
Overall: 6/10

UPDATED REVIEW: After re-watching the episode, I have some different thoughts on it. The episode was overall, a great episode, and I wish to see more Plankton and Gary episodes in the future, but I felt the beginning of the episode was a little slow paced (with the skunk), as it took up almost 3 minutes of the episode, which could have added more time to focus on Plankton and Gary. But I loved the Plankton and Gary moments, I always find it funny whenever they interact, since Gary hates Plankton, an example for this is in the episode "Shellback Shenanigans", and the ending was really unpredictable and hilarious.
Overall: 7.5/10

Well, Kaz has definitely still got it. It really feels like the show is turning more towards the way it was in the early seasons. This episode didn't feel rushed at all and it really filled the time slot well. I like how the sequence in Gary's shell was made in a different style, kinda like in Sandy's Nutmare with the shaman's story, I really like those parts and hope they do more stuff like that in the future.

GuyWhoSleepsInYourCarHood

Part Computer or Something
Amphitrite said:
The music identification blog says that this track, along with a couple others, were removed from the APM Music site.
If that's the case I hope they use some Jan Rap tracks again like "Grass Skirts Blowing" "Paradise Isle" ect.

A good episode. I like the reference to "I went to college" in Plankton!, and the surrealistic animation of Plankton inside Gary's shell. The plot was a little standard, but they still executed the episode well. The new plot point with the underwater skunk was really cool and out of nowhere, so that's a plus. Overall a good episode, I'd rate it about an 8/10.

J-444

Floating Shopping List
Like the majority of the community before me, I think that this episode is the best of the week -- And, for me, in the Top 3 best of the new era.

There is too much good in this episode to extract flaws out of, so I'll just list this:

Watch out for, when viewing:
  1. Plankton's antenna being broken off (Even though it gets better somewhat quickly)
  2. The record needle falling on Plankton (Even though it only launches him)
  3. Plankton's face near the end (Even though it's also quite comedic. "Keep the change, ya filthy animal." -Home Alone)
And none of these are detailed closeups. (The first one, the camera lingers on, but it isn't detailed.)
The rest of this episode excels, due to minor/no slipups being made. Example: Watch Spongebob's treatment of Gary [after thinking he destroyed the house <-- Select the white text] after "A Pal for Gary" and you'll see what I mean.

Overall: 9/10
Here's to the final episode of the week!
(Apparently, like last time, I have accurately predicted the rating for most episodes this week. Here's my prediction: Not so good. After all, with a premise like THAT...)

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Amphitrite said:
Speaking of music, did anyone else notice that they used "What Shall We Do with the Drunken Sailor" in this episode for the first time since No Nose Knows? I'm surprised at how much former stock music is being used in season 9. The music identification blog says that this track, along with a couple others, were removed from the APM Music site.
GuyWhoSleepsInYourCarHood said:
If that's the case I hope they use some Jan Rap tracks again like "Grass Skirts Blowing" "Paradise Isle" ect.
Let me explain something to you.
A long time ago, not all of the APM tracks were available to listen and download online. Some albums had to be bought in physical copies from labels like Sonoton and Selected Sound.
Tracks like "Honolulu March", "What Shall We Do..." and "Maui Beach" come from Selected Sound. Carr probably still has original copies of albums with these tracks, so he's using them frequently. Plus, Selected Sound is still co-operating with APM Music.
Dennis Music, on the other hand, isn't part of APM since 2008, so this label's tracks aren't used and will probably never be used again.

Growlie

Best Boy
Good episode, I enjoyed watching it. The scene at the beginning was funny. Soon they'll all fear Land creatures.

Giant Clam
After SO many years, this show is FINALLY getting back on its feet. Though maybe still not quite as good as 1-3, it's getting there. I'd honestly say season 9 has matched season 4's quality. I truly do believe this show is entering a second golden era. I never thought it was possible. It feels like the writers of this show are REALLY trying again, putting their best into each episode, and pleasing long-time fans by starting to sprinkle little tiny bits of continuity and callbacks in there.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
This episode was BRILLIANT, I loved it so much!!! I loved that the had as main character Gary and Plankton! The plot was good and there were some good and funny quotes as well, poor Plankton at the end! I can't say anything more 10/10 ! :clapping:
Totally recommend it to watch it!

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
RomNick said:
Let me explain something to you.
A long time ago, not all of the APM tracks were available to listen and download online. Some albums had to be bought in physical copies from labels like Sonoton and Selected Sound.
Tracks like "Honolulu March", "What Shall We Do..." and "Maui Beach" come from Selected Sound. Carr probably still has original copies of albums with these tracks, so he's using them frequently. Plus, Selected Sound is still co-operating with APM Music.
Dennis Music, on the other hand, isn't part of APM since 2008, so this label's tracks aren't used and will probably never be used again.
The Selected Sound "Hawaii/South Pacific" and "England" albums were also issued on CD as well as LP, and the CD versions are probably the version of the album that was used. Carr still probably has the CDs, and this is probably why he's still using them here 'n' there.

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
This was a really good episode honestly I don't even know what to say about it. This was on par with the better pre-movie episodes IMO. The plot was executed really well. And that ending was probably the hardest I laughed at an episode in YEARS.

BobCarotte

meep
I love this episode! It seemed like I was watching a Season 2 episode. I couldn't stop laughing at the ending :rofl:

Best episode of the week. 9.5/10 :D

The Navy

Banished
This was a pretty creative and funny episode, and it wasn't as cut and paste as the other Plankton episodes. 7.5/10

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
This one's my favorite and has been my most anticipated episode of the week. This one has some top-notch action throughout, and even has a great scenery in several parts. It's just the compelling story version of Tom & Jerry, I'd say.

9.5/10

Vincent Waller

Floating Shopping List
This episode started out as a board driven show. It was from idea of Marc Ceccerelli's. When we first took over the show, he thought he'd be able to board it a little here and a little there, throughout the season. But we ended up doing quite a lot of rewriting on the final season 9 shows, leaving him very little spare time to continue boarding P.I.
But luckily for us, he did have time enough to do the skunk intro, as well as inspirational drawings of the Plankton vs Gary fight scenes. Kaz and Fred did a great job of picking up the ball and running with it, fleshing out lots of great moments for our viewing pleasure.

Back