203a. Pineapple Invasion

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.

Plot: "When SpongeBob hides the secret krabby patty formula in his home, Gary must protect it from Plankton."

Looks like it could be a very good episode, we'll find out on July 14th.

Cha

I love SBM
Well, now I know what a story with a skunk would be like. This is really great, from all the Plankton anger fits to "I WENT TO COLLEGE". I liked SB's random sobbing about those things he lost too. Thought the pacing was really good for the slap stick. Definitely the best of the week so far. And the ending was actually funny too.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
This might just be the best episode of the week. Plankton's plan was unique and interesting at the start, and to have it thwarted in such a cartoony manner was hilarious. Same for his attempts at getting in the house, like the girl scout accent.
tongue.png
The fact that the formula was in plain sight coming out of nowhere actually works from a logical standpoint, I mean Plankton is small with bad eyesight after all. Overall this episode was a treat. I have one criticism to give though: The scene between SB and Plankton after the KK alone coulda been swapped for a robot scene, it felt weird that Plankton didn't try some robot, and that meant Gary appeared in only the second half of the episode. I didn't hate the scene itself, yet I feel it could've been replaced with a better one. Besides that, it felt like an old T&J/Looney Tunes/other old timey cartoon with Gary and Plankton. Great job by the crew on this one, besides just that one minor part. Others like the inclusion of a skunk and referring to the noses were great gags, keep it up guys. :D
Also I forever love Kaz for-adding I went to college no matter how I feel about any other episodes he worked on ty

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
My first impressions say this was a decent episode. I liked Gary and Plankton trying to outwit each other to get the formula and I liked the visuals inside Gary's shell and most of the gags hit. It's a fun episode for sure. 2nd best of the week imo.

8/10

I'm Squidward

Imitation Krab
Best of the week so far, if not just because of the perfect pacing! Didn't seem rushed at all, and the gags were very funny. 10/10

Best line: "I WENT TO COLLEGE!" (Yes it returned!)

Best Character: Gary, his little contraption to torture Plankton was very amusing.

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
Really, Nick? An ad during a NEW episode?! Anyway...

Hilarious episode. I really did believe that the "Plankton getting the secret formula" plot was impossible to make original anymore, but this was very original and creative. Also, who did the Plankton girl scout voice? I'd assume it was either Tom or Mr Lawrence, but frankly, I have no idea. Also, the college joke, I always love it. and Plankton screaming "MY LEG" was hysterical. Was great to see Gary in a primary role, and the backgrounds of the inside of his shell? Just Fantastic. Although frankly, with Kaz as the writer, can you really go wrong? Probably the best from this week yet.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Rugratskid said:
Really, Nick? An ad during a NEW episode?! Anyway...

Hilarious episode. I really did believe that the "Plankton getting the secret formula" plot was impossible to make original anymore, but this was very original and creative. Also, who did the Plankton girl scout voice? I'd assume it was either Tom or Mr Lawrence, but frankly, I have no idea. Probably the best from this week yet.
Yeah, it really annoyed me when they shrunk the episode briefly, it's really distracting.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
This was a great episode. This is the "Plankton steals the formula" plot taken to a whole new level. I loved the entirely different conflict with Gary and Plankton, and the comedy was spot on. Plus it all happened in a location that isn't the Krusty Krab! I hope they make more episodes like this in the future. Perhaps one of the best season 9 episodes! 9/10

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
This was a really funny episode! There was the college joke, SpongeBob being sad about the things at his house, and plankton's girl scout voice, those were some of my favorite jokes. I also thought the inside of Gary's shell was really cool and crazy and made the episode even more unique and fun to watch. I really enjoyed this one :patx:

Smitty

Part Computer or Something
Really good episode!

The pacing was way better in this episode. It was a pretty funny episode and was also really fun to
watch how the story would roll out. I noticed they brought back the original "My Leg" instead of "My Legs"
as well as "I went to college" and Tomfoolery.

9/10 :D

WayslideCool

You know what else is yellow? You are!
Nice episode! I liked the return of the Tomfoolery track and "I went to college!" gags, and it felt pretty fresh as well. I mean, while most other recent episodes usually have at least something in common with other previous episodes, this one felt nearly entirely new, which was pretty nice, both with Plankton's plan at the beginning, and throughout the rest of the episode. The pacing also wasn't too much of an issue, which was pretty nice, since the other episodes of the week did have somewhat awkward pacing, not to say that they are bad episodes. Probably my favorite of the week thus far.

SCORE: 9/10

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Speaking of music, did anyone else notice that they used "What Shall We Do with the Drunken Sailor" in this episode for the first time since No Nose Knows? I'm surprised at how much former stock music is being used in season 9. The music identification blog says that this track, along with a couple others, were removed from the APM Music site.

This episode was really great, I loved all the crazy imagination inside Gary's shell, it looks really cool. I also liked the "I went to collage!" throwback. The conflict with Gary and Plankton was amazing, the plot was great, and it had alot of jokes that I liked. Also, the title card music from "The Best Day Ever" was played again in this episode, very cool. 10/10, will watch it again if sooner.

WayslideCool

You know what else is yellow? You are!
Amphitrite said:
Speaking of music, did anyone else notice that they used "What Shall We Do with the Drunken Sailor" in this episode for the first time since No Nose Knows? I'm surprised at how much former stock music is being used in season 9. The music identification blog says that this track, along with a couple others, were removed from the APM Music site.
I noticed it too! Not that I'm complaining. I prefer that version much more to the one used on a zillion title cards between seasons 4 and 6.

Back