202b. Snail Mail

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
I loved this episode from beginning to end. It could be one of my favorite 9b episodes. It actually felt like a classic episode in some ways.

Amiaprettygirl

I love the sponge! I need the sponge! ;)
I whish i knew earlier i would of recorded it :( now i have to wait ten years for kisscartoon

Cha

I love SBM
Unlocked since it was said it aired in Canada and merged threads about it.

WayslideCool

You know what else is yellow? You are!
The Creepytizer said:
Whoa, I didn't expect the Grim Reaper to show up.
That wasn't the Grim Reaper! It's Steve the scythe salesman!

Anyway, while this episode was a bit lighter than some others in the humor department (not to say it was humorless, it definitely had a few really funny moments), its charming story definitely does help it with being a great episode! It honestly had the exact opposite problem of Mutiny on the Krusty, a very funny episode with a disjointed story and poor characterization. Snail Mail has less humor than the average episode, but the characterization and story were some of the best I've seen in a long time. Hoping Season 10 can keep up the level of humor of a couple other episodes, while still having the level of great storytelling this episode had!

SCORE: 8/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
While this wasn't the funniest episode it definitely had a charm to it that reminded me of the season 1 days. I really enjoyed it over all.

8/10

Smitty

Part Computer or Something
Kelpy G. said:
Hoping Season 10 can keep up the level of humor of a couple other episodes, while still having the level of great storytelling this episode had!
I think that's what will happen. Vincent has been saying that many S9 episodes have been overwritten by at least 10 pages, which is the reason for disjointed episodes. Fortunately, he's said that S10 won't be overwritten. So there's a big chance that it will keep the funniness, and have great stories in the episodes.

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
I actually found this episode really good, the story was very strong even if the title wasn't incredibly accurate it would make sense why they called it that. There were a lot of jokes and they all hit their mark and the twist ending was unpredictable (at least to me). So yeah I didn't feel like there were any downsides I just wish it were a little bit more focused on the actual plot but apart from that it's a really enjoyable episode and a pleasant surprise.

9/10

Sailor Mouth

Floating Shopping List
I loved this episode! I really enjoyed every part of this; the writing was great and the story was interesting. I especially loved the characters. I'm so glad SpongeBob is kind of back to his earlier self and is more mature and so likable. And I loved Patrick in this episode, he's so nice and not that dumb. I hope the writers keep writing him like this.

Reactions: Reg

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
I liked this one. It had a simple plot but cool jokes and it felt really season 4-ish. No spoilers but while the twist at the end was pretty predictable, they took it so seriously that it kinda fooled me into thinking they were gonna play it straight for a second. All around a good episode.
ALSO PATRICK YOU'RE BACK

I was loving the hell out of the episode until that twist at the end, which kind of made me say WTF

Patrick was SpongeBob's penpal. That really disappointed me. Instead of coming up with a new character as SpongeBob, hey just went with Patrick as his penpal. That was just kind of lazy imho. I really felt like adding a new character that SB has no idea who was, that would be been more interesting to me. Oh well.

This is still a good episode tho. The plot was clever (for the most part), It was really amusing to watch, jokes were on point and characterizations were good.

Grade: B+

I watched this on youtube btw. I'm sure it'll get copyright tho

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
This episode was average to me at first, but it grew onto me as I watched it more. I liked the story and a couple of jokes the episode had to offer, especially the antics on the airplane near the end. But I'm on the fence about Patrick being SpongeBob's pen pal the whole time. Talk about wasted potential for another new character. Also, I already knew that SpongeBob misinterpreted the letter at the beginning, but it works pretty well here and was a funny setup. I also liked the dark humor in this episode the whole "dying" misunderstanding. It was a great season 9 episode. 8.5/10.

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
I thought Snail Mail was alright, not the best of 9.2 though. The twist was predictable and there aren't a whole lot of Jokes in this episode. I'll give it a 7/10.

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
This episode was great! I loved every second of it from SpongeBob's cute letter at the beginning to the part where SpongeBob and Patrick fly a plane. I honestly did not see Patrick being the penpal, and that was a real twist for me, I also loved how there were some SpongeBob and Gary moments towards the beginning, the mailbox gag was great! The underpants gag was great! Patrick's wish list was great! Everything about this episode was great! I think this episode along with "Bulletin Board" are my favorite episodes of 'The SpongeBob Challenge' so far! overall I would give this episode a 9.5/10. An outstanding episode! :D

Back