2017 MLB Season

Valhallanaxe said:
There's this great site called Baseball Reference, which has a lot of good baseball stats. It's very accurate in terms of recording them, so it would probably come in handy in terms of personal player stats.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/
I have used this site at times, I also enjoy FanGraphs, they have a nice graph with all the players and their individual stats and ofc I can order them from high to low. SO far though the only sabermetrics I've fooled around with are FIP and a little bit of BABIP.

Valhallanaxe

Floating Shopping List
E.V.I.L said:
I have used this site at times, I also enjoy FanGraphs, they have a nice graph with all the players and their individual stats and ofc I can order them from high to low. SO far though the only sabermetrics I've fooled around with are FIP and a little bit of BABIP.
I just saw FanGraphs and I have to say that it looks legit. It actually predicts what could happen in tomorrow's game with the players, scores, and even the playoff percentages.

Valhallanaxe said:
I just saw FanGraphs and I have to say that it looks legit. It actually predicts what could happen in tomorrow's game with the players, scores, and even the playoff percentages.
... I actually didn't know that!
I know those are often not right but I always love to see if they actually get those right.
I'm a huge data person I just am lazy. :P

Valhallanaxe

Floating Shopping List
E.V.I.L said:
... I actually didn't know that!
I know those are often not right but I always love to see if they actually get those right.
I'm a huge data person I just am lazy. :P
I really don't mind about that, unless it had to deal with the team being in first place and such.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Wanted to let you all know that I'm going to the Padres/Dodgers game this Sunday. I'm excited to go because this'll be my first time going to a game in over 10 years. I hope the Padres do good. :(

Also, I finally found the channel on Directv where I can watch the games (Fox Sports San Diego), so I can start watching the games again.

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
RSF isn't here to do the complaining so I'll do it for him.

Aww, thanks for keeping the flame burning! :P

Thank God this Orioles series is over. Everyone was acting like an idiot in that series, except Adam Jones.

Also, I'm sick of the Cubs already. WE GET IT! They won. Jeez, was everybody this sick of the Red Sox in 2005?

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Thank God this Orioles series is over. Everyone was acting like an idiot in that series, except Adam Jones.
Also, I'm sick of the Cubs already. WE GET IT! They won. Jeez, was everybody this sick of the Red Sox in 2005?
ayyy welcome back :sbface:

Valhallanaxe

Floating Shopping List
RedSoxFan274 said:

The Red Sox were very good in 2003-2016 before David Ortiz retired. I say that because the Red Sox should've went to the World Series in 2003, instead of the Yankees. Aside from that, I think a lot of people were relieved that the Red Sox won the WS in 2004. 86 years worth of hell was troubling them enough.

RedSoxFan274 said:
It's such a shame how racist drama even manages to take a stronghold on something that should be an icebreaker that hel[s navigate differences IMO. A lot of people said they enjoyed the drama but personally, I just found all the slur chanting, purposeful throws, and fan hysteria to be extremely annoying and I found myself avoiding that series oops.
Valhallanaxe said:
The Red Sox were very good in 2003-2016 before David Ortiz retired. I say that because the Red Sox should've went to the World Series in 2003, instead of the Yankees. Aside from that, I think a lot of people were relieved that the Red Sox won the WS in 2004. 86 years worth of hell was troubling them enough.
HAH I still have to watch the documentary about that WS. (Four days for four) but it sounded pretty intense being the only 3-0 ---> 4-3 in history. I imagine many people were relieved if just to see the Yankees go down.. most people I meet who aren't Yankees fans (not just Mets/Red Sox) are quite over their dominance. xP
(off topic but your avatar slays me)

Valhallanaxe

Floating Shopping List
E.V.I.L said:
HAH I still have to watch the documentary about that WS. (Four days for four) but it sounded pretty intense being the only 3-0 ---> 4-3 in history. I imagine many people were relieved if just to see the Yankees go down.. most people I meet who aren't Yankees fans (not just Mets/Red Sox) are quite over their dominance. xP
(off topic but your avatar slays me)
That was the only playoff series in MLB history where a team wins from a 3-0 deficit. Not only that, but it also had to deal with the Yankees getting beaten by the Red Sox for the first time in the playoffs.

Valhallanaxe said:
That was the only playoff series in MLB history where a team wins from a 3-0 deficit. Not only that, but it also had to deal with the Yankees getting beaten by the Red Sox for the first time in the playoffs.
I knew the 3-0 deficit but I did not know about the latter. Holy crap.

Valhallanaxe said:
All of the teams in the NL East aren't doing good, except for the Mets and Nationals.
06ATaCl.png

Outdated by 6 days since this graph was made on May 1st. I'm not sure if the Mets have won a ton this past week but even then it looks more like a bloodbath with everyone else... then there's the Nats soaring to ridiculous heights up in the clouds.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
RedSoxFan274 said:

You're acting like that was the only time we were sick of RedSoxMania.

Valhallanaxe

Floating Shopping List
E.V.I.L said:
06ATaCl.png

Outdated by 6 days since this graph was made on May 1st. I'm not sure if the Mets have won a ton this past week but even then it looks more like a bloodbath with everyone else... then there's the Nats soaring to ridiculous heights up in the clouds.
Well, the Nats are soaring up considering they have 20 wins compared to the rest of the division.

Trophy said:
You're acting like that was the only time we were sick of RedSoxMania.
Yeah. Everyone outside of New England weren't really excited for the Red Sox to win that much. Even before their WS win in 2004 happened, lol.

Valhallanaxe said:
Well, the Nats are soaring up considering they have 20 wins compared to the rest of the division.
Yes, and that's doing pretty amazing. :P Granted it is early. :P I doubt this NL East bloodbath will last forever but it's neat to see it while it lasts (and maybe bloodbath is the wrong term, but I enjoy the term so lets use it lel)

Valhallanaxe

Floating Shopping List
E.V.I.L said:
Yes, and that's doing pretty amazing. :P Granted it is early. :P I doubt this NL East bloodbath will last forever but it's neat to see it while it lasts (and maybe bloodbath is the wrong term, but I enjoy the term so lets use it lel)
They aren't doing bad in terms of wins and losses. They're far away into getting at 1st place, but they could still get a decent winning streak soon.

They aren't doing bad in terms of wins and losses. They're far away into getting at 1st place, but they could still get a decent winning streak soon.
But the Nats have been the first this season to reach 20 wins...
Unless you mean your predictions or their standinfs overall over many years?

Back