200. Goodbye, Krabby Patty?

More

VIP
Well, it looks like, after a good five years of Season 9 airing, this is finally coming out. Discuss it when it premieres.

Bucket of Chum

Imitation Krab
Well, the new episode is coming out today, and i am HYPED. I was wondering if anyone else was or if they had theories. My theory is Mr.krabs is hiding a secret that could close the krusty krab if i got found out, hence why in a trailer of the episode, patrick is about to reveal something about the patties. If there was a secret, it would explain why everyone was barfing sand in one trailer. Plankton might appear in this episode too, since only Mr. Krabs knows the formula. What is the secret? can't say. But it might be a mind-blower. What're your guys's thoughts?

Sailor Mouth

Floating Shopping List
I really enjoyed the episode! Poor Spongebob and Patrick tho, it was so sad that they weren't able to hang out at all, but it was sweet at the end. Their friendship is so adorable :D

This episode was great! :yahoo: :clapping: Yet, it was kind of of a rehash of Selling Out. -_~ But, this was a double-length episode! The ending had got me pretty emotional... :wub: Gags and jokes were O.K., but it was disturbingly very similar to reality when it comes to fast/frozen foods. 9/10

I love how this whole episode was a big reference to the greed of the owners of the most popular fast food industries in the United States such as: McDonald's, Burger King, etc.

Growlie

Best Boy
Another SpongeBob and Patrick friendship thing, like we haven't already seen this plenty of times already.

Patrick wasn't a jerk, so that's a plus.

I don't think I'll be watching this again.
This episode was great, I love how this whole episode was a big reference to the greed of the owners of the most popular fast food industries in the United States such as: McDonald's, Burger King, etc.
Oh but Burger King is loads better than McDonald's, Burger King makes food fresh, not frozen like McDonald's.

Loopers

Sportz?
never mind, rewatched the episode and it's not too bad but all in all it's just mediocre at best

nothing more than a ratings trap, and this episode felt too much like Selling Out (like Doowop stated)

7/10 probably

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
This episode was not too bad. This episode doesn't have that much gags, but to me, it felt more story based, but there are still some good gags here and there. I think it's kinda wierd how everyone has big butts. That "get out of town" guy from That's No Lady made an appearance, as well as the lawyer from Enemy in Law and a few others. I find the quote "You're a star, you have no friends" like to be pretty funny. Overall, I think it's a pretty good episode. 8.5/10

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
This special was alright. It wasn't really funny and felt like an enhanced version of Selling Out, albeit anticlimactic, but I did like the story. It was at least a little bit better than SpongeBob You're Fired. 7.5/10 Nothing to write home about.

J-444

Floating Shopping List
A great showing - To put it short, a simple idea executed near-flawlessly. No real big showstopping moments of any type or things that draw unwanted attention (besides the grossout caused by the frozen KPs, which was justified), just a smooth ride from start to finish. The gags were mellow (though near all of them hit, thinking about it), but that's overseen by the story and emotional scenes being so well put together (in comparison to attempts of old).

9/10

Notes (Possible spoilers in Caesar Cipher):
  • Commercials: Two real good ones this time around (seeing as I actually watched them this time) - The Kool-Aid Jammers one just felt good to watch, and the one before it (Halos Oranges) about Snow White gave a good chuckle (besides the darkness at the beginning)... Just watch it if you've taped the special. It's hard to describe without eviscerating it.
  • ...On the other side, the Nationwide and Before I Fall commercials hit me as a bad choice on Viacom's part, especially seeing as they seem to have forgotten about the 5-10 year-old demographic they've just lured in. "It ain't good form, you know." (Mr. Smee, Peter Pan (1953))
  • Gur sbphf ba gur fnaq oneery arne gur ortvaavat jnf zhpu gbb erirnyvat, naq pbzcyrgryl ehvarq gur cbffvoyr vzcnpg bs Fcbatrobo svaqvat bhg nobhg vg. V frr jung gur qverpgvba gurl zvtug unir orra tbvat sbe jnf - Gur SXC snpgbel perj er-hfrq n oneery bs fnaq sbe "svyyre" fhofgnapr - naq vg pregnvayl jbexrq sbe Fcbatrobo, ohg hf vagrearg hfref ner abg fb rnfvyl sbbyrq. Creuncf gurl jrer guvaxvat nobhg gur lbhatre pebjq gurer...
  • Better handling of the action in the title I'm about to say than in "Spongebob, You're Fired", better handling of Krabby Patty formula change than in "Selling Out". Both were more nuanced, and less forced.
  • Not much focus on the Bikini Bottomites when F.K.P.s were beginning to (a.k.a. are) soar(ing), but just enough everywhere else. Gur fvqr rssrpg bs gur SXCf orvat raynetrq obggbzf jnf n ovg aba-xbfure, ohg ng yrnfg bar wbxr (Gur "Orra uvggvat gur Sebmra Xenool Cnggvrf" tnt) znxr zr ynhtu.
  • What ever happened to Patrick's commercial? Not saying more, but I'm curious.
  • Nf zhpu nf vg vf na nsgregubhtug va bhe zvaqf, obl jbhyq vg unir orra shaal gb frr Cynaxgba ernpg gb gur SXCf orvat svyyrq jvgu fnaq...
  • Only two [acronym='Out of Character']OOC[/acronym] moment in the entire thing - One of Krabs' lines at the very end (You know the one) and the unexpected, startling, short Squid Torture. The rest was as good as it could get.
  • When preparing to make a fresh Krabby Patty, Spongebob pauses for a couple of seconds... to let the music catch up. The next action he does is punctuated by the music, in a case of [acronym='Mickey-Mousing: The music fits the action (ex. rapid high-notes when tip-toeing). Reverse: See "Fantasia" (1940).']Reverse Mickey-Mousing[/acronym].
  • Nice poke at how long thew show has been running with Fdhvqjneq'f erfhzr, but unfa'g ur orra jbexvat nf n pnfuvre *orsber* Fcbatrobo pnzr nybat va "Uryc Jnagrq"? V pbhyq or jebat, nf snpgf ner nccrnevat oyheel gb zr...
...And that has been my long list of notes, nary a few nitpicks.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
It was good how they called out the companies like that with filler, but this episode was all over the place. It was so average, wrapped some things up sloppily as per par with the script format, and had a lack of jokes. Usually I don't mind if it makes up in other aspects (ala Dumped) but the story...as I already said wasn't too special for SpongeBob. For now I'd say a 6.5/10, mainly harmless, props to making Patrick sensible, the Plankton cameo, Squidward being the one fired for once, and the callbacks made it feel a bit like a milestone episode, but as an episode itself I can't get past by anything else.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I watched some of it, saw butt jokes and Squidward getting mad af, turned it off. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Growlie said:
Oh but Burger King is loads better than McDonald's, Burger King makes food fresh, not frozen like McDonald's.
true

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
Trophy said:
It was good how they called out the companies like that with filler, but this episode was all over the place. It was so average, wrapped some things up sloppily as per par with the script format, and had a lack of jokes. For now I'd say a 6.5/10, mainly harmless, props to making Patrick sensible, the Plankton cameo, Squidward being the one fired for once, and the callbacks made it feel a bit like a milestone episode, but as an episode itself I can't get past by anything else.
What callbacks?

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
This episode was incedibly well done.. I honestly have very few complaints... but first, one of the biggest positives for me..

SpongeBob and Patrick's friendship: This was done INCREDIBLY well done.. this how both characters should consistently act. SpongeBob's character in particular has been majorly improved since the second movie, but in this episode, Patrick is the star. This had me quite scared, considering how inconsistant his character has been, but he was done incredibly well here. I truthfully expected the fame to go directly to his head, but it didn't, which honestly impressed me. They REALLY felt like best friends here, and it was easy to sympathise with both SpongeBob and Patrick.

Other noteable mentions:

The way they got around Plankton was both clever AND funny, and I really didn't expect them to do it in that way. Although I'm sure Plankton could've reverse engineered the patty, and figured out the formula with some tweaking, but whatever.

Squidward's character in general... THIS is how he should be, for the most part. In some recent episodes (LiBB and Whirlybrains come to mind), he's just felt completely out of character, but he felt incedibly natural here.

Honestly, I had little to no expectations for this episode of positivity, and this just blew me away. I really thought my interest in SpongeBob, but this proved me UNBELIEVEABLY wrong, and I'm so glad that it did.. bravo crew, bravo.

EDIT: Noticed people saying it lacked in gags... I think this worked to the show's advantage. The newer episodes, in my eyes, have really lacked in plot, and spend far too much time on jokes, so this it was refreshing to see them pay more attention to the characters, and not make constant jokes. And the jokes that it does have, are consistently funny (minus the "square box" joke, which I just found to be meh).

And yes, the plot is similar to "Selling Out", but personally, I always considered that episode to be pretty meh; I really think this episode pulled off the plot far better.

Growlie said:
Another SpongeBob and Patrick friendship thing, like we haven't already seen this plenty of times already.

Patrick wasn't a jerk, so that's a plus.

I don't think I'll be watching this again.

You have a point there, Burger King is loads better than McDonald's. Burger King does make it fresh (and flame-broiled)!

Growlie

Best Boy
You have a point there, Burger King is loads better than McDonald's. Burger King does make it fresh (and flame-broiled)!
McDonald's couldn't Even make me a Plain breakfast burrito! Because it's already made Frozen! If you like it with everything on it, you're great! But if you're like me, you'd rather just have sausage and egg. But you're better getting a breakfast burrito from Sonic or Taco Bell.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Season 9 is finally done! :P I really enjoyed this special too and all the mini plots and gags throughout were really good (Patrick revealing that there's sand in the Krabby Patties, Mr. Krabs constantly fainting, SpongeBob and Patrick with the pants, Squidward quitting etc.) It all just kinda flowed nicely and I had fun watching it.

Back