Movie News 2 year anniversary for the American release of The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge On the Run!

DatManNotBatMan

Imitation Krab
Or as I like to call it, the movie that made everyone at FANDOM hate me because I thought it was an overhated movie lol

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
i adore this movie the first 30/40 minutes are so fun, yeah it does kinda go downhill after but i still think this movie is amazing in everyway. i love how they gave everyone their season 1 designs like how sandy has darker fur and mr krabs is a darker shade of red spongebob's season 1 design too, it's just perfect

DatManNotBatMan

Imitation Krab
i adore this movie the first 30/40 minutes are so fun, yeah it does kinda go downhill after but i still think this movie is amazing in everyway. i love how they gave everyone their season 1 designs like how sandy has darker fur and mr krabs is a darker shade of red spongebob's season 1 design too, it's just perfect
Me, the film's like a mix between I do find it nice but at the same time I see the problems but I still find it alright

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
2 years already? Wow, so quick. I really enjoyed this movie. I'm not surprised to see that others don't, but it still saddens me. And of course the animation is absolutely gorgeous.

SpongeVol93

Floating Shopping List
I remember being really hyped for the movie when the first trailer came out because it really seemed like it was going to have a similar feel to the first 3 seasons and Tim Hill being involved made me optimistic too. Then COVID came and the movie kept getting delayed, and I ended up buying a bootleg DVD at a flea market before it premiered on Paramount+.

I like the movie and have seen it probably 4-5 times. The animation is fantastic and I love that they used more of a season 1 style than the current series' wacky animation. What bothers me about the movie is that it's obviously very corporate-influenced. With the first movie Paramount basically let Hillenburg do what he envisioned for the movie. Then they had more control over the second movie, and now this one just feels completely like a project completely overseen and influenced by Paramount. The Camp Coral stuff was basically to sell merch based on the movie (pretty much all the toys made to promote the movie were Camp Coral themed) and of course to promote Kamp Koral the series. Even if the Camp Coral idea was planned before Hillenburg's death and the spin-off was conceived, it still feels very shoe-horned in.

DatManNotBatMan

Imitation Krab
I remember being really hyped for the movie when the first trailer came out because it really seemed like it was going to have a similar feel to the first 3 seasons and Tim Hill being involved made me optimistic too. Then COVID came and the movie kept getting delayed, and I ended up buying a bootleg DVD at a flea market before it premiered on Paramount+.

I like the movie and have seen it probably 4-5 times. The animation is fantastic and I love that they used more of a season 1 style than the current series' wacky animation. What bothers me about the movie is that it's obviously very corporate-influenced. With the first movie Paramount basically let Hillenburg do what he envisioned for the movie. Then they had more control over the second movie, and now this one just feels completely like a project completely overseen and influenced by Paramount. The Camp Coral stuff was basically to sell merch based on the movie (pretty much all the toys made to promote the movie were Camp Coral themed) and of course to promote Kamp Koral the series. Even if the Camp Coral idea was planned before Hillenburg's death and the spin-off was conceived, it still feels very shoe-horned in.
I'm okay with your opinion if you aren't trying to be repetitive about it đź‘Ť

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
It's a good movie but I prefer Sponge out of Water and the original

Sponge on the Run was very emotional, especially the Camp Coral flashback segments and the part during the trial where SpongeBob's friends were defending him

The animation of the different environments like The Lost City of Atlantic City was the best part of the film and I liked Spongie's more realistic design

His blue eyes looked photo-realistic and his clothing was realistic too kinda like Mario in Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Nintendo Wii ❤️

Otherwise this movie was mostly created to launch the spin-off companion series "Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years" for Paramount Plus streaming service

Back