199a. Sold!

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
This episode was okay, but my least favorite of the week, I found it funny at some times like when SpongeBob was speaking German, and Patrick quoting Nick Fishkins when he said "Not sold!", but for the most part I found it really bland.
Overall Score: 7/10

Cha

I love SBM
Gullible SB and Patrick at their finest, even with Squidward trying to talk to them.

Oh hey the Best Day Ever sun is back and some of those nature bouncy designs gave me Truth or Square 40'sish "I'm Ready To Go To Work" memories. And I liked that sunset in the KK, nice colors.

Idk why but I found Patrick saying the band would have to be rock because it's a pun, kinda funny. The moment I realized Squidward would have to impersonate the new house owners, I thought this would be good. Squidward's puppet voices man, good work on you Rodger Bumpass. I wish we had more scenes of Squidward doing this, but for what it was, t'was good.

I'm gonna have to rewatch CopyBob and Married to Money to decide my 1, but the others go Sold!, Sharks vs Pods, The Fishbowl. This could change within time too.

BobCarotte

meep
I liked this episode. I laughed when SpongeBob tried to speak German. The rest of the episode was also good. I give it a 7.5/10.

Amiaprettygirl said:
Does anyone have the link for this episode?
The best I could find:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW9BUjn3keg

Smitty

Part Computer or Something
Cha said:
I just realized that Squidward's teddy he won in Skill Crane returned in the opening scene with Squidward. Yet another nice reference of the past.
That's right! I was wondering why I thought that was familiar.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: Sold!

This episode was pretty good. The plot was decent. I liked when Spongebob was speaking German (it sounded almost Dutch). There were some funny jokes. 7.5/10

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
Really creative episode SpongeBob and Squidward trying to speak German was funny and Squidward running back and forth and tricking them was funny and entertaining and the ending was good Squidward deserved it for not helping SpongeBob and Patrick when they thought there where homeless

Grade: 8.5/10

Best Character: All of Them

Best Line: N/A

Best Moment: The middle of the episode

ALSO THE BEST DAY EVER SUN IS BACK but not exciting as the sea bears :P

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
CiWU7_1UYAEEQCM.jpg

CiWU7-7VEAABDTX.jpg

CiWU7-7UUAU0_6R.jpg

CiWU7_OU4AAJJf4.jpg

I feel a bit meh on this one. I think it had a nice idea but couldn't get attached to it for some reason. I really feel like it lacked gags. German gags didn't amuse me tbh, it pretty felt stereotypical to me. The plot wasn't strong enough as well, it felt a bit dumb at times for me. I'll say that Squidward going back and forth to SpongeBob and Patrick was amusing in a way but aside from that, it isn't really memorable. Oh and the ending kind of sucks. Still it's better than The Fishbowl.

Grade: C

nortonstime

Floating Shopping List
I actually rather liked this episode, though the middle was rather slow with Patrick and Spongebob living in garbage. I get that it was necessary to the story in order for Squidward to take over their houses but it's like the momentum ground to a halt. However, the highlight of the episode definitely was Squidward's performances. It's the best acting we've seen from him in... well, ever. Him as the Fishtraps and the band member was pretty great, though once again the momentum was lost when Squidward simply got tired of acting and pretty much just threw in the towel. I felt like there could've been a funnier way for Patrick and Spongebob to find out that he was fooling them, and they could've spent more time on Squidward's ruse.

What was up with Spongebob embracing Squidward from behind, though... So random...

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Squidward was really funny here with him trying so hard to be the german family :P Another funny episode for season 9

LeElephantMonster

Moby Dollar
I just watched this episode for the first time tonight, and even though it's not the worst I've seen it's nothing that I would go out of my way to rewatch. I liked seeing Squidward happy and the visuals that went along with it. I also for some reason enjoyed Spongebob and Patrick's garbage house, which at first glance I thought was going to be just a heap of trash, but I'm glad they decided to be a little more creative with it. However after having Squidward lie to Spongebob and Patrick, I saw where the plot was going to go and I wasn't crazy with squidward running back and forth to try to keep both of them convinced. It reminded me of previous episodes of squidward running back and forth. (One that comes to mind is New Fish In Town which I initially enjoyed, but on rerun got old) I just feel like that sequence in this episode will just have the same effect on me. I did enjoy the electric clarinet part, but the german parts didn't get to me the same. After Squidward gives the reveal, I knew that S+P were going to take it very literal. Even though technically Squidward got what he deserved for lying by having him not having his house flipped. I kind of wish that he did get the opportunity to flip his house and leave an open happy Squidward ending. Overall, by far not the worst, but I can say the same that it's by far not the best.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I watched it for the first time now, this episode was HILARIOUS!!! I dont really laugh with SpongeBob, but the scene that Squidward was being a Gerhald (or whatever was his German name) and SpongeBob introducing himself in German made me laugh out loud! IT WAS SOOOO HILARIOUS...only by this scene I loved the episode...the ending was funny to me and I liked the second part of the episode more than the first, another funny thing was Squidward trying to explain SB and Patrick that Nick Fishkins hasn't actually sold their houses :P Maybe there's something we gotta get out of this episode that everyone defines commercials with his own way and intelligence ! 10/10

Back