199a. Sold!

Growlie

Best Boy
Honest Slug said:
I didn't feel bad for Squidward when he couldn't sell his house since he lied to SpongeBob and Patrick leaving them homeless.
Well, I did. All Squidward wanted was a relaxing night without SpongeBob and Patrick, what's wrong with-....nevermind, I think I know that answer already.

LeElephantMonster said:
technically Squidward got what he deserved for lying by having him not having his house flipped.
Um, no. He didn't. Squidward wanted a relaxing evening at home away from them.

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
Growlie said:
Well, I did. All Squidward wanted was a relaxing night without SpongeBob and Patrick, what's wrong with-....nevermind, I think I know that answer already.

Um, no. He didn't. Squidward wanted a relaxing evening at home away from them.
Yeah, but when you LIE about it to keep them away is just plain old selfish. If they want to live in real homes, then Squidward should let them. He may not like to be their neighbors, but then if that's what he wants, he should just get it flipped, & not lie so you don't have to flip.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Growlie you are so wrong in so many levels , re-watch the episode please and understand it a little bit better ! But it's your opinion if you wanna follow that opinion then do it..

Hazmart

Moby Dollar
This episode premiered yesterday in Latinamerica, I think is certainly a weak episode, but not bad, the funny jokes are spongebob speaking in german and when bob and patrick flipped the house of squidward. To say nothing that is a very rushed episode. I give it a 7.8/10

TheArabicArowana

This episode feels like it came right out season 3, and yet it's still fresh and new. Pretty funny and Squidward trying to do a German and "rock dude" impersonation was hilarious. Also, "Ahhh..German Hello?"

Marnie

Part Computer or Something
Saw this episode for the first time this week. Had me laughing quite a bit, although I think the plot is a bit too similar to the episode where Patrick thinks he has to leave town so he changes his identity.

My favorite part is the idea that Spongebob taught himself German to talk to a bunch of people who didn't actually exist.

Pretty weak overall, but I like it well enough. 7/10.

I would like this episode better, but the gags didn't make me laugh that much. SpongeBob and Patrick are also really stupid in this episode, which would be fine if the episode were funny, but I don't think it is. Squidward going between houses was somewhat amusing, but nothing else in this episode makes me want to watch it again. 5/10

I like it. It's got a quite interesting premise, even if it is kinda dumb, and I like how Squidward is lying. Not the funniest episode ever, but still one worth checking out.

Ranking so far:
1. CopyBob DittoPants (A+)
2. What's Eating Patrick? (A+)
3. Larry's Gym (A+)
4. License to Milkshake (A)
5. Tutor Sauce (A)
6. Evil Spatula (A)
7. It Came From Goo Lagoon (A)
8. Patrick! The Game (A)
9. Pull Up a Barrel (A)
10. Eek, an Urchin! (A)
11. Sharks vs. Pods (A)
12. Bumper to Bumper (B)
13. Plankton's Pet (B)
14. Jailbreak! (B)
15. Lost in Bikini Bottom (B)
16. Patrick-Man! (B)
17. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (B)
18. Yeti Krabs (B)
19. Sold! (B)
20. Extreme Spots (B)
21. Mall Girl Pearl (B)
22. Squid Plus One (B)
23. Safe Deposit Krabs (B)
24. Gary's New Toy (B)
25. Company Picnic (B)
26. Don't Look Now (C)
27. Squirrel Record (C)
28. The Executive Treatment (C)
29. Two Thumbs Down (C)
30. The Fish Bowl (C)
31. Seance Shmeance (C)
32. SpongeBob LongPants (C)
33. Sanctuary! (D)
34. Squid Defense (D)
35. Kenny the Cat (D)
36. Married to Money (E)
37. Squid Baby (E)
38. Little Yellow Book (F)
39. SpongeBob You're Fired (F)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This episode feels so classic. The plot is great, and the jokes are absolutely hilarious. Seriously, this is the hardest I've laughed at a Spongebob episode in a long time. The story moved at a swift pace, and kept me interested the whole way through. The ending is also really great. There's not much I can complain about here.

Good episode (8/10)

1. What's Eating Patrick? (10)
2. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (9)
3. Plankton's Pet (9)
4. Sold! (8)
5. Squid Plus One (8)
6. Sharks vs. Pods (8)
7. Pull up a Barrel (8)
8. It Came From Goo Lagoon (8)
9. Mall Girl Pearl (7)
10 Tutor Sauce (7)
11. Eek, an Urchin! (7)
12. Larry's Gym (7)
13. Jailbreak (7)
14. Copybob Dittopants (7)
15. License to Milkshake (6)
16. Patrick! the Game (6)
17. Lost in Bikini Bottom (6)
18. Extreme Spots (6)
19. The Executive Treatment (6)
20. Safe Deposit Krabs (6)
21. Squid Defense (6)
22. Gary's New Toy (6)
23. Bumper to Bumper (6)
24. Squirrel Record (5)
25. Séance Schméance (5)
26. Two Thumbs Down (5)
27. Patrick-Man! (5)
28. Married to Money (5)
29. Evil Spatula (5)
30. Company Picnic (5)
31. Kenny the Cat (5)
32. Sanctuary! (5)
33. Spongebob Longpants (4)
34. The Fish Bowl (4)
35. Yeti Krabs (4)
36. Don't Look Now (4)
37. Squid Baby (3)
38. Little Yellow Book (2)
39. Spongebob, You're Fired! (2)

As for the standalone 9b rating:

1. What's Eating Patrick? (10)
2. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (9)
3. Sold! (8)
4. Squid Plus One (8)
5. Sharks vs. Pods (8)
6. Pull Up A Barrel (8)
7. Mall Girl Pearl (7)
8. Tutor Sauce (7)
9. Larry's Gym (7)
10.Copybob Dittopants (7)
11. Patrick! the Game (6)
12. Lost in Bikini Bottom (6)
13. The Executive Treatment (6)
14. Two Thumbs Down (5)
15. Married to Money (5)
16. Company Picnic (5)
17. Sanctuary! (5)
18. Spongebob Longpants (4)
19. The Fish Bowl (4)

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Amazing episode with alot of great gags.

i loved squidward's song

10/10

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
What’s this? Another fun little episode? For me? Well, don’t mind if I do! “Sold!” is one of those episodes that decides to spend its time shaking things up, putting characters in different situations, changing a foundational aspect of the show for funsies. This time, we’re changing up SpongeBob’s house! Patrick’s too, but that’s less important.

The set up to our plot reminds me a lot of “That’s No Lady”, because it’s once again caused by Patrick being an idiot, though I think he had a right to be frightened by the sales guy in that episode lol. This time, he was fooled by an uncannily-timed commercial, and SpongeBob was too. The first person to take notice of their absence is Squidward. What’s funny to me is that I feel like we don’t even get episodes focusing on the fact that these guys are neighbors anymore, at least at the same frequency as we used to. I’m fine with that, but it does make Squidward’s immediate questioning about the peace in the neighborhood kinda funny to me. And hey, we get Smilin’ Rainbows out of it, so I love it (the instrumental of this track is excellent).

The episode changes gears a bit as Squidward decides to get a bit mischievous, further convincing SpongeBob and Patrick that they no longer have homes on Conch Street. And once we move from the Krusty Krab back to Conch Street, this is where the episode starts to lose me a bit. Seeing Squidward put on this fake German accent and persona to get SpongeBob convinced that someone has bought his home is not all that entertaining to me, sorry to say. And there really isn’t that much for me to say. I’ve never liked plots like this, with a character trying to fool others by being different people, so this is of no surprise to me.

A few more things that I couldn't fit into the main review: Y’all thought I forgot, but I didn’t. Gorgeous Background Alert to the nines in this episode. I mean look at this one, and this one, and this one! I just love the art in this episode, like not only the backgrounds, but all the cool environmental and house designs. Like the trash house looked cool! And then secondly, I think that this episode is really similar to one that we’ll be seeing in the future, “Unreal Estate”. And I’ma tell you right now that I like that episode more than this one. "Sold!" simply didn't resonate, nothing else I can say. Perhaps I'm being harsh on it by putting it in the "Okay" tier, but it's been literal weeks since I've used that tier, maybe I'm hungry for a bit of criticism (except not really, since y'all know I love being positive).

Episode Tier: Okay
Episode Score: 6.9/10

Last edited:

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
What’s this? Another fun little episode? For me? Well, don’t mind if I do! “Sold!” is one of those episodes that decides to spend its time shaking things up, putting characters in different situations, changing a foundational aspect of the show for funsies. This time, we’re changing up SpongeBob’s house! Patrick’s too, but that’s less important.

The set up to our plot reminds me a lot of “That’s No Lady”, because it’s once again caused by Patrick being an idiot, though I think he had a right to be frightened by the sales guy in that episode lol. This time, he was fooled by an uncannily-timed commercial, and SpongeBob was too. The first person to take notice of their absence is Squidward. What’s funny to me is that I feel like we don’t even get episodes focusing on the fact that these guys are neighbors anymore, at least at the same frequency as we used to. I’m fine with that, but it does make Squidward’s immediate questioning about the peace in the neighborhood kinda funny to me. And hey, we get Smilin’ Rainbows out of it, so I love it (the instrumental of this track is excellent).

The episode changes gears a bit as Squidward decides to get a bit mischievous, further convincing SpongeBob and Patrick that they no longer have homes on Conch Street. And once we move from the Krusty Krab back to Conch Street, this is where the episode starts to lose me a bit. Seeing Squidward put on this fake German accent and persona to get SpongeBob convinced that someone has bought his home is not all that entertaining to me, sorry to say. And there really isn’t that much for me to say. I’ve never liked plots like this, with a character trying to fool others by being different people, so this is of no surprise to me.

A few more things that I couldn't fit into the main review: Y’all thought I forgot, but I didn’t. Gorgeous Background Alert to the nines in this episode. I mean look at this one, and this one, and this one! I just love the art in this episode, like not only the backgrounds, but all the cool environmental and house designs. Like the trash house looked cool! And then secondly, I think that this episode is really similar to one that we’ll be seeing in the future, “Unreal Estate”. And I’ma tell you right now that I like that episode more than this one. "Sold!" simply didn't resonate, nothing else I can say. Perhaps I'm being harsh on it by putting it in the "Okay" tier, but it's been literal weeks since I've used that tier, maybe I'm hungry for a bit of criticism (except not really, since y'all know I love being positive).

Episode Tier: Okay
Episode Score: 6.9/10
I cannot view the images you linked.

Back