198b. CopyBob DittoPants

This episode was interesting, but didn't feel much different from other cloning plots in cartoons. One part of the episode I love, however, is Squidward's dream subplot. It was really funny. Otherwise, I don't remember much about this one. 7/10

EDIT: After much deliberation, I have decided to lower the score to a 6/10. Aside from Squidward's subplot, nothing stands out.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
This episode is pretty good but there's not much of a reason to come back to it and I feel like they could've done a lot more with Squidward's subplot

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
In retrospect I feel that myself and many people overpraised it. There weren't too many jokes and I've seen better cloning plots. Still good but not great and definitely not 12/10 material like we thought back in May 2016.

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
I was WONDERING when Spongebob would do a Cloning Episode; and not just at the end of the episode either(Unlike a Certain OTHER Episode)

I really like this episode. It's good such an interesting premise, and it was executed greatly. I love the jokes, I love the concept, I love the execution. This episode is great.

Ranking so far:
1. CopyBob DittoPants (A+)
2. What's Eating Patrick? (A+)
3. Larry's Gym (A+)
4. License to Milkshake (A)
5. Tutor Sauce (A)
6. Evil Spatula (A)
7. It Came From Goo Lagoon (A)
8. Patrick! The Game (A)
9. Pull Up a Barrel (A)
10. Eek, an Urchin! (A)
11. Sharks vs. Pods (A)
12. Bumper to Bumper (B)
13. Plankton's Pet (B)
14. Jailbreak! (B)
15. Lost in Bikini Bottom (B)
16. Patrick-Man! (B)
17. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (B)
18. Yeti Krabs (B)
19. Extreme Spots (B)
20. Mall Girl Pearl (B)
21. Squid Plus One (B)
22. Safe Deposit Krabs (B)
23. Gary's New Toy (B)
24. Company Picnic (B)
25. Don't Look Now (C)
26. Squirrel Record (C)
27. The Executive Treatment (C)
28. Two Thumbs Down (C)
29. The Fish Bowl (C)
30. Seance Shmeance (C)
31. SpongeBob LongPants (C)
32. Sanctuary! (D)
33. Squid Defense (D)
34. Kenny the Cat (D)
35. Married to Money (E)
36. Squid Baby (E)
37. Little Yellow Book (F)
38. SpongeBob You're Fired (F)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This one is really overrated if I'm being honest. The concept is interesting, although it is simple. They do some fun stuff with it and there was some good comedy here and there.(Squidward was really funny too) This one is good, but it's not that good. Yeah, I don't really have much to say about this one, it's just pretty solid.

Good episode (7/10)

1. What's Eating Patrick? (10)
2. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (9)
3. Plankton's Pet (9)
4. Squid Plus One (8)
5. Sharks vs. Pods (8)
6. Pull up a Barrel (8)
7. It Came From Goo Lagoon (8)
8. Mall Girl Pearl (7)
9. Tutor Sauce (7)
10. Eek, an Urchin! (7)
11. Larry's Gym (7)
12. Jailbreak (7)
13. Copybob Dittopants (7)
14. License to Milkshake (6)
15. Patrick! the Game (6)
16. Lost in Bikini Bottom (6)
17. Extreme Spots (6)
18. The Executive Treatment (6)
19. Safe Deposit Krabs (6)
20. Squid Defense (6)
21. Gary's New Toy (6)
22. Bumper to Bumper (6)
23. Squirrel Record (5)
24. Séance Schméance (5)
25. Two Thumbs Down (5)
26. Patrick-Man! (5)
27. Married to Money (5)
28. Evil Spatula (5)
29. Company Picnic (5)
30. Kenny the Cat (5)
31. Sanctuary! (5)
32. Spongebob Longpants (4)
33. The Fish Bowl (4)
34. Yeti Krabs (4)
35. Don't Look Now (4)
36. Squid Baby (3)
37. Little Yellow Book (2)
38. Spongebob, You're Fired! (2)

As for the standalone 9b rating:

1. What's Eating Patrick? (10)
2. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (9)
3. Squid Plus One (8)
4. Sharks vs. Pods (8)
5. Pull Up A Barrel (8)
6. Mall Girl Pearl (7)
7. Tutor Sauce (7)
8. Larry's Gym (7)
9. Copybob Dittopants (7)
10. Patrick! the Game (6)
11. Lost in Bikini Bottom (6)
12. The Executive Treatment (6)
13. Two Thumbs Down (5)
14. Married to Money (5)
15. Company Picnic (5)
16. Sanctuary! (5)
17. Spongebob Longpants (4)
18. The Fish Bowl (4)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Everyone say goodbye to my favorite track of the show, Traveling Along…because this episode was the last one to use it, and they used it for the title card! Sigh, I want it to come back so, so bad. Anyway, “CopyBob DittoPants” is a fun little episode with a very simple plot. Every time I see it, I’m reminded of that one Gravity Falls episode, given it has a similar plot. I mean, the clone episode is a staple of cartoons, I feel like. Maybe not a staple, but a very commonly used plotline. I’m surprised it took the show this long to get around to it.

This episode starts off really cutely (is that a word?), with SpongeBob, Plankton, and Karen partying. My immediate question becomes why the H is Plankton inviting SpongeBob over for a party, though my immediate answer is “for a scheme”…even though I really want it to be because of the events of the second movie. Maybe I’m going to choose to see it that way because it’s more wholesome like that. And I need to insert the movies somewhere into the continuity lol. Anyway, the episode also deigns to answer my question, as we see Plankton did all of this just to get SpongeBob to scan himself on his copy machine, so he can clone the little guy.

You know, out of all of Plankton’s plans, this one is actually one of the smarter ones. I love how he colors SpongeClone’s tie blue to differentiate him. It’s weird to see SpongeBob with a blue tie. And of course, Plankton’s plan starts to go awry immediately, as SpongeBob comes across SpongeClone, and Squidward promptly loses his mind. Squidward becoming hysterical is hilarious to watch, by the way.

The path of this episode becomes pretty clear once Plankton goes straight to work on creating SpongeClone2. Yeah, that’s what I’m calling these guys. And this just makes Squidward even more hysterical, which carries most of the humor of this episode (though there are some other great jokes here and there). Things only get more chaotic when Plankton decides to create a Blitzkrieg of Bobs (great naming, lol). Of course, they’re all hard workers just like SpongeBob, and they end up doing all of his jobs for him. Honestly, the episode starts getting kind of dark (but in a hilarious way) here, as all the clones start fading away due to Plankton’s use of cheap toner. Poor SpongeBob loses all of his new friends, and it’s played with such great comedy and drama. And the end is cute and funny too, with Plankton basically complimenting SpongeBob by saying he’s better as the original. Cute!

“CopyBob DittoPants” was a great, enjoyable, and funny episode. There really isn’t much I can say about it, other than it was unexpectedly emotional lol. A worthy episode for my Amazing tier, as so many seem to be as of late.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.3/10

Back