198a. Sharks vs Pods

Uncle Sherm

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I didn't find it all that funny. It just seemed like it moved.....too fast and too slow at the same time.
However, I loved the atmosphere of this episode. I also really loved the dancing sequences and the random appearances of Mr. Krabs and Patrick at the end.
I don't know if I like it or not, really.

I didn't find it all that funny. It just seemed like it moved.....too fast and too slow at the same time.
However, I loved the atmosphere of this episode. I also really loved the dancing sequences and the random appearances of Mr. Krabs and Patrick at the end.
I don't know if I like it or not, really.
It's strange that Sandy wasn't there in the end.

Cha

I love SBM
merged with "That new episode was the best episode of SB I've seen in a while"

Kelvorado

Imitation Krab
Honestly this was an even weirder episode than "Married to Money" (OK, this might be an exaggeration). The Sharks were some pretty interesting characters (even better one of them was voiced by Fonzie himself, Henry Winkler) and the rivalry between them and the Pods seemed like something straight out of a 70's/80's turf gang movie. I was expecting an actual showdown towards the end like SB was expecting, but the dance-off actually made up for it (especially with how the cops and even internal affairs got in on it). The picture of the hydrodynamic spatula was an excellent callback to "Help Wanted" and the appearance of Reg the bouncer and the other patrons of the Salty Spitoon were great cameos. The ending was the icing on the cake, though Squidward once again gets the short end of the stick like "The Fishbowl" (also, is Patrick's "We saved the rec center!" line supposed to be a reference to a specific movie/plot device?).

J-444

Floating Shopping List
This episode was a fine episode, but - strangely - it felt a little dull, probably because there isn't much action (Or background music, my mind says) to go by. Or because it was all at night. Also, stereotypical Scottish police.

The only thing that's really distracting? The explaining for the fangirls/fruit seller at the end felt a little forced/crammed in, but I let it slide easily. Also, the end shot of the nightclub flashback lingered a little longer than it should. (Yay, Nitpicking.)

I would also like to point out the references to "No Weenies Allowed" made with the tough guys. They're really on the ball with them now!

Score: 7/10

P.S. If you use headphones and recorded this from TV, did the audio mixing sound a little strange to you (Specifically, the jukebox music at the beginning almost only being on the RIGHT SIDE!?)

Cheers to the next two days! (My guesses for the rest, since I was right so far: CbDp: 5 or 8/10, Sold: 4 to 6-7/10

Wow. That episode was amazing. I laughed at everything it had to offer. Especially the dance scene in the end. The voice acting made me laugh, which is extremely rare. It just goes to show how good this episode was. This one could easily crack my Top 25. No joke. 11/10

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
Well, I gotta say, this was a very great episode with some nice faces from SpongeBob, great use of guest characters, and awesome dance sequences. I was expecting Squidward and other of his own species to be part of the Pods. The ending was very unexpected but funny. I notice that the animation had been steadily getting much better as this new era progresses. So much better than I had edited Animation Bump section of SpongeBob to include this:

As of season 9 (mainly with the return of Stephen Hillenburg), the animation is more fluid than it was the past few seasons due to converting to HD. It gets more noticeable in episodes made after Sponge Out of Water, especially in the later ones (like the dance sequences in Sharks vs Pods, which was animated by David Gemmill).

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Sgt. Tibbs said:
P.S. If you use headphones and recorded this from TV, did the audio mixing sound a little strange to you (Specifically, the jukebox music at the beginning almost only being on the RIGHT SIDE!?)
Now that's just nitpicking.

The Appetizer said:
Really good episode. The humor and characters were amazing, and the twist ending! Oh, that twist ending!
PS: Anyone know any of the names of the new tracks used on this episode?
Here's some of them.
https://search.apmmusic.com/#albums/SCD-0126/SON_SCD_0126_00201
https://search.apmmusic.com/#albums/SCD-0126/SON_SCD_0126_02001

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
Sgt. Tibbs said:
This episode was a fine episode, but - strangely - it felt a little dull, probably because there isn't much action (Or background music, my mind says) to go by. Or because it was all at night. Also, stereotypical Scottish police.

The only thing that's really distracting? The explaining for the fangirls/fruit seller at the end felt a little forced/crammed in, but I let it slide easily. Also, the end shot of the nightclub flashback lingered a little longer than it should. (Yay, Nitpicking.)

I would also like to point out the references to "No Weenies Allowed" made with the tough guys. They're really on the ball with them now!

Cheers to the next two days! (My guesses for the rest, since I was right so far: CbDp: 5 or 8/10, Sold: 4 to 6-7/10
I thought the cops were Irish.

Yuri On Ice

That Dude from SBC with all the Wendy Avatars
Personally felt the ending was a bit too bizarre/discombobulated, but up to then it was alright with the Happy Days/Westside Story references in the story. 6/10

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
This epsiode was fantastic one of the top tiers of Season 9b the Sharks where really cool characters the plot twist was amazing and the dances where funny and SpongeBob face is hilarious

Grade: 10/10

Best Character: All of Them

Best Line: N/A

Best Moment: The ending

Also Reg (from No Weenies Allowed) is back

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
Sgt. Tibbs said:

Blame the Nick censors :P

9/10, the parody was pretty good and all, although again I wish the foreshadowing mighta been a bit more....helpful? The references do make up for some of the more iffy parts....like John and Nancy now being Irish accented Hawaiian dancers. O_o

Amiaprettygirl

I love the sponge! I need the sponge! ;)
Why can't Nick Canada air the new episodes on time :(
Or kisscartoon put up the episodes on time!
I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!

babydoll

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Why can't Nick Canada air the new episodes on time :(
I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!

i don't know if it's an option for you, but i just bought it from amazon.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Amiaprettygirl said:
They wait when the episodes are released on torrents.

Back