197b. Two Thumbs Down

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Okay I have officially watched this episode 6 times and I still don't like it, well I guess there had to be a dud eventually. Personally I still find it dull, most of the jokes were kind of dumb, and the story was sloppy.

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
This is actually one of my favorite season 9B episodes yet.. it was silly in plot, but not silly enough to make me annoyed. The animation has gotten leaps better since the the first post SOOW episodes, and this one really shows it off. SpongeBob still looks slightly off to me (he looks wider) but no big deal, everyone looks great. The song actually worked pretty well for SpongeBob, showing him loosing faith in using him thumbs again. All in all, one of my personal favorites: it felt very season 3-like to me.

Miklós

Baby Clam
Hey Guys!

I'd like your help. I'm trasnlating Sponge Bob to Hungarian for Nickleodeon. And there is something in this episode I'm not sure about. The character Dr. Manfish and his thumb clinic - is he some reference? Looks like one but couldn't find anything with google. Thx.

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
Meh, I thought the plot was a little dumb but at least original. Didn't really have many jokes and the one that stood out was the scene with SpongeBob playing the "video game". I can tell they tried to make dramatic scenes in this episode. While they mostly came off as cheesy, I can tell they tried. One good thing I can say here is the animation is still pretty good (NOT including the stupid live-action clips oc).

6/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Not one of my favourites...I liked it though...It had some good images , and SB's character was funny..I also liked the fact that his thumbs went to the hopsital and specifically in wheel chairs..that was funny too...It needed some more good quotes and funny moments...but overall, I liked it.. 7/10

TheWolverine

Banished
Ol Bold and Brash said:
Well if you look at more of his posts, you will know that he's not a troll
By saying end the show, has some members triggered (including you) also an episode he doesn't like and wants to end it? really?

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
By saying end the show, has some members triggered (including you) also an episode he doesn't like and wants to end it? really?

That post was made over a year ago. He regrets making it by now. So you're pretty much beating a dead horse here.

Anyway, let's not turn this into another argument and just get back to talking about the episode.

TheWolverine

Banished
Amphitrite said:
That post was made over a year ago. He regrets making it by now. So you're pretty much beating a dead horse here.

Anyway, let's not turn this into another argument and just get back to talking about the episode.
Geez I don't know why you're so upset at me, anyways I'm ending this off-topic here

This episode was alright. However, the pacing really bugged me. The conflict takes too long to appear, and the resolution happens too quickly. Someone else already detailed that, however, so I don't have much else to say. One joke I really like in this episode, however, is the boat driver in the background during the scene with Sandy and SpongeBob. I actually rewound the episode because I didn't notice it at first, and wanted to see all of it. 6/10

Pretty average if you ask me. I didn't find too much to enjoy here. An alright plot, and there were some funny jokes, but I feel like that song went on for too long, and I didn't really find myself too interested in the rest of the episode.

Ranking so far:
1. What's Eating Patrick? (A+)
2. Larry's Gym (A+)
3. License to Milkshake (A)
4. Tutor Sauce (A)
5. Evil Spatula (A)
6. It Came From Goo Lagoon (A)
7. Patrick! The Game (A)
8. Pull Up a Barrel (A)
9. Eek, an Urchin! (A)
10. Bumper to Bumper (B)
11. Plankton's Pet (B)