197a. Mall Girl Pearl

BobCarotte

meep

Discuss this episode here. I'll review this episode later since I don't live in the US.

Perry The Platypus

....What?
It was good. It was a nice little story and has some funny moments. It's also one of the better Pearl episodes, and likely her bigger appearance since it was all about her.

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
EDIT: I rewatched this episode and I thought it was better than before.

Also, there are a lot of random cameos like the clown in Squirrel Jokes, Mermaid Man and Barnicle Boy, Carl in Selling Out and a few others.

7.5/10

I thought the episode was alright, had a few good moments. I like Beatrice (Betty White). If there was one thing I didn't like it would be when SpongeBob is following Squidward and then chasing him later on. It felt a little like a Boating Buddies joke. I give it a 8.3/10
Also Mall Girl Pearl and Two Thumbs Down are 197a and 197b, respectively.

Kaiju

I love SBM
Mermaid Man, Barnacle Boy, and Carl reappeared.

But most important of all,
WZ4Gnwg.png
reappeared, god bless.

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
Great episode. It was great to see Pearl have her own episode, and the gags and story really proved it. The grandma character was pretty interesting, and Betty White did a great job voicing her. ("...and that's why we have shoes!") The music choice was also pretty good here. Nice to hear the title card music for "Squid's Day Off" at the end. And let's not forget the characters walking about in the background, including Mermaid Man, Barnacle Boy, Carl from "Selling Out", and Dougie Williams from "Squirrel Jokes"! And did anyone notice the "Sailor Mouth" ref that appeared for only a second or two? A solid 10/10.

Cha

I love SBM
Wow holy crud this was actually paced really well and there were a lot of character cameos like SB/Squidward, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, Health Inspector Yellowtail. I haven't liked Pearl this much since Bossy Boots either. SpongeBob only had one line in this at the ending (besides his laughing after Squidward) I also liked the guy in the box as it reminded me of Can You Spare A Dime. I really haven't liked too many s9 episodes completely, but I thought this one was fantastic if you like Pearl or just great in general. Both the star voice actors were great in their own rights too. Will rewatch later to see all the references and good stuff made.

A

Loopers

Sportz?
SQUID'S DAY OFF MUSIC <333333333333333333333333333333333333333

This episode was better than TTD, Pearl was very likable and some the gags were pretty sweet. :P

Kelvorado

Imitation Krab
It's nice seeing another Pearl episode (and she's more likable than she was in "The Slumber Party" or "Barnacle Face", so that's good). The animation was really good in this one, a lot of energetic character movement plus very expressive faces. There were also a whole lot of cameos in this one (Carl the manager, the comedian from "Squirrel Jokes", MM&BB, the health inspector, Spongebob randomly chasing Squidward in the mall...) and the shop owner was a funny character, especially her hidden fight skills when it came to dealing with the teenagers. A lot of great gags, including Spongebob's random appearance at the end. Overall a great episode in my opinion.

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
K.J.A said:
It's nice seeing another Pearl episode (and she's more likable than she was in "The Slumber Party" or "Barnacle Face", so that's good). The animation was really good in this one, a lot of energetic character movement plus very expressive faces. There were also a whole lot of cameos in this one (Carl the manager, the comedian from "Squirrel Jokes", MM&BB, the health inspector, Spongebob randomly chasing Squidward in the mall...) and the shop owner was a funny character, especially her hidden fight skills when it came to dealing with the teenagers. A lot of great gags, including Spongebob's random appearance at the end. Overall a great episode in my opinion.
You couldn't have said it better.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
It was a good episode. I liked the cameos. There were some good jokes thrown in. I love the animation, I think it could've been funnier but the story was good and it gives Pearl a solid episode. Hopefully this is a sign of them focusing on more characters outside the main cast. 7.5/10

ryanator20x6

Floating Shopping List
  • Pearl alone can't carry an episode.
  • Background characters in the mall were cool, specifically...
  • Spongebob and Squidward! It's interesting to think that they have their own little plot going on at the same time that we'll never know about.
  • Distracting celebrity voice acting is distracting.
  • Forced climax is forced.
  • Forced ending is also forced.
  • Some of the jokes worked,but overall the episode felt like it was missing something.

Growlie

Best Boy
I'd like a spin off episode involving SpongeBob and Squidward’s adventure in the mall. The same episode, but reversed.

And Pearl's friends, wow! With friends like hers, who needs enemies? They were jerks, but the grandma character was great, we need more episodes with her, she's sweet.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
I thought this was a really fun episode to watch and lots of references and characters from previous episodes which was cool. I liked the idea of Pearl having an episode dedicated to her and it worked well!

Back