196b. Married to Money

CaptainJZH

Frozen Cephalopod
Doowop said:
Am I looking too deep into this, or is the ending where Mr. Krabs shoves all of the money in his coat supposed to symbolize him trying to hold on to whatever was real in the relationship?
It could also be that he's reverting back to his old ways.

Vincent Waller

Floating Shopping List
Doowop said:
Am I looking too deep into this, or is the ending where Mr. Krabs shoves all of the money in his coat supposed to symbolize him trying to hold on to whatever was real in the relationship?
He is still Mr.Krabs, he isn't going to leave a pile of money on a hotel too floor. :)

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Gosh, I'm pleased YET AGAIN! I thought that this episode was just going to be underwhelming, stupid, and boring, but it turned out to be hilarious, and really great! (Krabs x Plankton OTP, haha). I really liked the return of the seabears, and it is just an idea that turned out to be fun to watch. There were a lot of funny jokes that is on par with The Sewers of Bikini Bottom and What's Eating Patrick?. At the end, I had sympathy for Krabs, and it just had a lot of emotion. Definitely one of Krab's best episodes, he was really likable here. I can't believe that something I thought that would be underwhelming would be this great! As you can tell, this episode is fantastic. 9.5/10 :)

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: Married to Money

This episode was fantastic. The plot was really nice. Mr.Krabs was really likeable here. Plankton's idea was clever. It was sad and i felt actually bad for Krabs. There were many funny jokes. 9.5/10

Going in, I thought the episode would be like To Love a Patty where Mr. Krabs falls in love with inanimate money (like SpongeBob fell in love with a Krabby Patty). However, when I found it was just one of Plankton's robots, I breathed a sigh of relief. But I am shocked, how pleased I was with this episode. The return of the sea bears from The Camping Episode was a nice touch. The design of Cashina (the "money" was good. The characters were likable. There were some great jokes that got me to laugh. The animation is great (of course). One of the best of 9b and season 9 as a whole. My current ranking is 9/10!

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
Reflecting back on this one, good episode. It may be the one I least remember out of all, but I think this one may have the most packed in. Cashina sure made for a lot of excellent points!

9/10

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
This episode was pretty alright. It was so much better than it's partner, The Fish Bowl.

When I heard of the premise, I thought this episode was going to be another "To Love a Patty", but I was wrong! This episode is actually extremely relatable! I love how they brought the sea bears back at the beginning. And Cashina was an interesting character, and it made better sense than Mr. Krabs falling in love with inanimate cash. And the episode was also pretty heartwarming as a whole with spot on humor. This episode is not without it's flaw, however. I sighed when they revealed that Cashina
was Plankton in disguise just to get the Krabby Patty formula
and the ending. I really liked how this episode makes you relate to Mr. Krabs and actually feel bad that
Cashina wasn't real
but that ending was just so sad...

But, as a whole, this episode is pretty good. I'll give it a 8/10.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
Zelda4Life said:
This episode was pretty alright. It was so much better than it's partner, The Fish Bowl.

When I heard of the premise, I thought this episode was going to be another "To Love a Patty", but I was wrong! This episode is actually extremely relatable! I love how they brought the sea bears back at the beginning. And Cashina was an interesting character, and it made better sense than Mr. Krabs falling in love with inanimate cash. And the episode was also pretty heartwarming as a whole with spot on humor. This episode is not without it's flaw, however. I sighed when they revealed that Cashina
was Plankton in disguise just to get the Krabby Patty formula
and the ending. I really liked how this episode makes you relate to Mr. Krabs and actually feel bad that
Cashina wasn't real
but that ending was just so sad...

But, as a whole, this episode is pretty good. I'll give it a 8/10.
The thing is, the only way to avoid another TLaP was to make it like that, and we haven't seen too many Plankton episodes as of lately compared to the last few seasons, and even some non formula eps like Plankton's Pet (which still mentioned it but not a main point so it doesn't count!) sooooo. :P

LeElephantMonster

Moby Dollar
It's been a while since I've watched any spongebob episodes and today I just decided to marathon a bunch starting with Pull Up a Barrel and ending with Two Thumbs Down. I got to say out of all the ones I watched tonight, this one stuck out the most. I like to go into these episodes with an open mind, but one thought I did have is "I hope this episode doesn't become To Love A Patty 2.0" which I'm happy it didn't. I really enjoyed this episode, and I got to say, Cashina and Mr. Krabs relationship was very believable and it pleased my hopeless romantic side. I liked seeing Mr. Krabs find love even if it was temporary. However because early on it was revealed that Cashina was Plankton the ending was sad to watch. The silver lining in that though, it was a more relatable episode because Mr. Krabs went through a deceitful heartbreak. On rewatch, I won't be able to help but feel sad because I know that Mr. Krabs is going to have his heartbroken in the end. The only 2 things I would change in this episode is having a more bittersweet ending with the servant and possibly not revealing Cashina until later on or have it not include Plankton but have it actually being "Cashina" deceiving Mr. Krabs to shake it up a little bit. Just a thought!

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Seeing Mr. Krabs fall in love with Cashina was really heartwarming and nice. Lots of funny jokes in this one too.

Fondue Pot

Delicious
I liked this episode. It's not the best but still very good.

Pros:
- Cashina has some well-designed animation.
- I actually felt sad for Mr. Krabs at the end.
- The kiss electrocution gag; everytime I see it, I laugh.
- Some of the music in this episode is very catchy.
- The "wedding".
- Cashina trying to communicate with Pearl, but failing.
- A decent romance story for once.

My only nitpicks:
- The intro is kind of random. Sea bears suddenly at the Krusty Krab being commanded to attack Mr. Krabs by Plankton? What?
- Mr. Krabs cheats on Mrs. Puff :(

Overall, 8/10
(side note: there's an iris out. are they trying to replicate the feel of old cartoons? if so, it's working.)

I love the callback with the sea bears at the beginning. This episode has a similar premise to "To Love a Patty," but this is a much better take on it. The cash is actually sentient, and Mr. Krabs isn't overly creepy about it. The ending was rather sad, but I guess they had to return to the status quo somehow. The ending gag about the tip made me laugh. 7/10

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I guess this one was okay. Although I never knew that a lot of people loved it, it's still decent. I'm not really into the love episodes though. People say this is like To Love a Patty. Well...
To Love a Patty + Imitation Krabs = Married to Money
Kinda but Imitation Krabs with Mr. Kras this time. It's also not To Love a Patty level, because Mrs. Krabs wasn't really creepy about it, unlike SpongeBob with the patty. The best part were the return of seabears from Spongicus and The Camping Episode. I liked how SpongeBob was very fearless to them, but at the same time I wonder why. I also liked the part where SpongeBob was decorating the Krusty Krab and Patrick accidentally eating the flowers. I thought Pearl would be bad in this episode, but she actually wasn't. Also, why the scene went from shoses to large feet and then back to shoes? Weird. I thought it wouldn't be good, but it was executed decently. I should watch it again for a better impression. I liked the episode, but it could be better in some ways.

My least favorite episode of 9b. Let me explain why. The episode just doesn't feel right to me. There weren't many jokes, we all knew it was Plankton the whole time, and the whole episode ranged from kinda boring to just plain weird. I didn't enjoy this one.

Ranking so far:
1. What's Eating Patrick? (A+)
2. Larry's Gym (A+)
3. License to Milkshake (A)
4. Tutor Sauce (A)
5. Evil Spatula (A)
6. It Came From Goo Lagoon (A)
7. Patrick! The Game (A)
8. Pull Up a Barrel (A)
9. Eek, an Urchin! (A)
10. Bumper to Bumper (B)
11. Plankton's Pet (B)
12. Jailbreak! (B)
13. Lost in Bikini Bottom (B)
14. Patrick-Man! (B)
15. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (B)
16. Yeti Krabs (B)
17. Extreme Spots (B)
18. Squid Plus One (B)
19. Safe Deposit Krabs (B)
20. Gary's New Toy (B)
21. Company Picnic (B)
22. Don't Look Now (C)
23. Squirrel Record (C)
24. The Executive Treatment (C)
25. The Fish Bowl (C)
26. Seance Shmeance (C)
27. SpongeBob LongPants (C)
28. Sanctuary! (D)
29. Squid Defense (D)
30. Kenny the Cat (D)
31. Married to Money (E)
32. Squid Baby (E)
33. Little Yellow Book (F)
34. SpongeBob You're Fired (F)

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
Am I the Only one who wishes Cashina were real. . . and Not just Plankton in a Robot?!!!

I'd Ship a REAL Cashina with Mr. Krabs. . .

Back