196a. The Fish Bowl

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
Uh, 4/10? It coulda been worse yet it wasted so much I'm not sure if I can even give this a proper grade after 10 viewings, maybe even 20.

Also: WHY WAS SQUIDWARD IN THIS, THERE WAS NO POINT BESIDES THAT AWFUL ENDING LIKE WHAT EVEN, THIS EPISODE WAS A CONFUSING MESS OF BLANDNESS, AND THAT'S THE GAG THEY COME UP WITH? I MEAN COME ON, SQUIDWARD WENT OOC OVER ICE CREAM? I mean maybe not OOC but I don't remember anything like that out of Squidward.

The scenes were bland more than anything else, if not downright confusing. I don't see how anyone could really enjoy this episode, but I'd like to see it from another POV.

WayslideCool

You know what else is yellow? You are!
I thought it was a pretty enjoyable episode. I found the humor pretty solid, and I liked the concept. SpongeBob and Patrick were a tad grating at the beginning, and I didn't like Patrick's behavior throughout a lot more of the episode, but he did apologize at the end, which does put it miles above some others. These are just first impressions, but as is...

FINAL SCORE: 8/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Watched the episode, it was pretty good. Certainly not one of the best season 9.2 episodes, but it's nothing to sneeze at, I suppose. I thought that Squidward's scenes were kinda funny, and I liked the appearance of Sandy (considering that we don't get that much of her nowadays). To be honest, I thought this episode went by pretty...quick! It felt like 8 minutes even though it was a typical 11 minute episode. Interesting episode here, I give it an 8/10. I don't really have that much to say about it (well, it's my first viewing of the English version).

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
It's ok, not really one of my favorites, it didn't make me laugh that hard. Patrick was a bit of a jerk in this episode (season 7 kind of jerk). But it's definetly not one of the worst of the season. Squidward was pretty funny and I thought the Patrick Corp part was pretty funny too.

7/10

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
It was an interesting concept. I enjoyed it personally, but I can understand why someone wouldn't like this one. Favorite line: "I'm in charge"

More

VIP
After first impression, I enjoyed this. It was a whole lot of fun throughout with how much it poked at simple scientific experiments in every monotonous and predictable trial with as much exaggeration as it did. Sandy was particularly great in showing her pursuit in experiments as passionately and persistently as she did, and Patrick did quite a lot to make the simple tasks of eating ice cream or counting sand seem like such a big deal. Getting to see Squidward express love toward ice cream was also fun, and was really new and I hope that we see it used for jokes more. (if only he could get some) Animation's once again colorful and expressive. I'd say the only major problem was how in-your-face it was about the slapstick and arguments. At times the humor was, for lack of a better word, too fast-paced and loud. As strong as the humor was, shoving unlimited cameras, childish screaming from Patrick, and ice cream at every moment is crazily out-of-nowhere.

It's above average and I hope they do more episodes where we see the four in full, but I hope that they add a little more subtlety.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Well this episode was over by the time I got back from school -_-. Anyways I have no idea how to feel about this episode, it was a real mixed bag for me. To me except for the visuals this feels strange in its humor. The plot was good and quick with jokes coming out at a rapid-fire rate. Except I'm not sure if the humor worked for me, a lot of it was just SpongeBob and Patrick being loud and Squidward was way too zany. Squidward can do "childish" things but he shouldn't run to an ice cream truck immediately. It would've made more sense if he scoffed at it the first time, considered it the second, and finally asked for it in the end. It had good things and bad things. I'll wait on giving the episode a rating for now.

Edit: Seen it again and I still didn't care for it. The weak characterizations really hurt this one and I didn't care for the humor 5/10

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
Honest Slug said:
Squidward was way too zany.
THANK YOU

I mean I swear he was forced in there just for a gag, he was definitely OOC, and it sucks especially in the end where Sandy literally traps him into a cage, to use him as an experiment against his will, for all I know she uses ice cream to Squidward like a biscuit to a puppy considering how determined she was and all up annoying people on the bus, the ending leaves a big sour taste in my mouth, and the handling of Squidward in general, and then Patrick went back to s7 for no reason whatsoever, I know the apology but they brushed it off to blame "science", like, what even? This ep pretty much says Patrick does this on a daily basis, I know he has sometimes but not all the times, it's minor stuff like this that annoyed me, and especially the lack of direction where it wanted to go.

Sorry for the mini-rant, it's just nice to not be completely alone on a subject and it seemed to be that way, at least on this website. :P

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Trophy said:
THANK YOU

I mean I swear he was forced in there just for a gag, he was definitely OOC, and it sucks especially in the end where Sandy literally traps him into a cage, to use him as an experiment against his will, for all I know she uses ice cream to Squidward like a biscuit to a puppy considering how determined she was and all up annoying people on the bus, the ending leaves a big sour taste in my mouth, and the handling of Squidward in general, and then Patrick went back to s7 for no reason whatsoever, I know the apology but they brushed it off to blame "science", like, what even? This ep pretty much says Patrick does this on a daily basis, I know he has sometimes but not all the times, it's minor stuff like this that annoyed me, and especially the lack of direction where it wanted to go.

Sorry for the mini-rant, it's just nice to not be completely alone on a subject and it seemed to be that way, at least on this website. :P
I actually agree with some of your points, Patrick did kind-of come off as jerky and the humor felt season 8-ish. Though this is my first viewing and my opinion could change.

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
I really loved this episode, I liked the plot, I liked the characters, I liked the animation, the only negative I had about this episode was Patrick being a jerk but even then after Sandy "entered" the pineapple, he felt embarrassed and even felt bad for the way he acted. Overall score: 9/10

Kelvorado

Imitation Krab
Really weird and fast paced episode. While I prefer karate Sandy over scientist Sandy, this one did a good job at showing off her doing some more actually research. The jokes I liked were the "Eureka! That's my line!" fish and Squidward going nuts at the end for not getting ice cream, and even though Patrick was sort of a jerk (Sandy had a hand in his behavior, though) I thought it was hilarious especially when he complained over the ice cream bowls. The animation is really good in this one, the facial expressions are wild (notably Spongebob and Patrick when Sandy was trying to observe them).

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Honest Slug said:
Squidward was way too zany. Squidward can do "childish" things but he shouldn't run to an ice cream truck immediately. It would've made more sense if he scoffed at it the first time, considered it the second, and finally asked for it in the end. It had good things and bad things. I'll wait on giving the episode a rating for now.
Yes, this is what I'm trying to say! He isn't crazy, he's just been way too zany lately. I think the writers need to calm down with that.

Reactions: Reg
Back