194b. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
I really liked how this episode was a big adventure in the sewer, rather than the two just sitting there doing nothing, which happens a lot in Season 7. But again, it doesn't feel like anything happened. For some reason it felt like there wasn't that much "sewer". It was also interesting how they had the episode have an A plot and a B plot, like Rick & Morty, but the Mr. Krabs plot wasn't nearly as funny or interesting, cool how the two connected though. I guess the episode was decent, but maybe it's just disappointing since we were all hyped because Kaz wrote it. 7/10 for now.

-Another sweet title card
-KAZ :wub:
-Tailgate party!
-I really love how they're going all out with the visuals in these episodes, including this one.
-Sponge and Squid bonding :wub:
-"As soon as I get the fry cook out of the toilet, you can all get your Krabby Patties"
-SEWER SEWER CHA CHA CHA
-The lampreys
-Wonderful backgrounds in this episode.
-HOT DOGZ

The Lazy Starfish

Frozen Cephalopod
IMO This episode was very well executed. It was pretty funny. The plot was very creative, and the ending was pretty funny as well. Not perfect but still very good.
8/10

poplove

Floating Shopping List
I thought it was really great. I really loved it. The animation and the adventure and craziness, I think it worked very well. A highlight of this season.

Leedles

Leedle
OH MY GOD...

FANTASTIC EPISODE....

Let's start with the jokes. None of them miss and the majority hit bullseyes. So many great jokes that remind me of classic Spongebob. Kaz did a great job. The premise alone could have worked without the jokes, but the combination makes it quite possibly the best episode of the season.

10/10

Noah Spongy

FIRETRUCK CLOWNS
That cheerleaders joke though...

Anyway, this episode was really good, with a solid story, and an actual SUBPLOT in the episode, which I liked. There were some great jokes, and a very exciting and funny climax. I really hope Kaz can write more episodes in the future! 10/10 for me.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
Pros:
-SpongeBob's KK merchandise. Especially the hat.
-YOU'RE MY FAVORITE SNUGGLE BUDDY
-"why don't you clean your own- oh" sounds HORRIBLE out of context.
-SpongeBob crawling across the floor while trying to bow or something.
-SB and Squid having fun :)
-OLD CHASE MUSIC
-The animation in this one was better than usual.
-"as soon as I get the frycook out of the toilet..."
-The Krusty Krab Stadium looks cool.
-The "YOU KNOW THAT WAS WEIRD" fish has an amazing voice.
-MR KRABS GRANDMA OMFG
-The face Squidward makes when he gets bitten by the snakes at first looks like something from the first movie,
-The color palettes for SB and Squid when they're in the sewers look good.
-"You are here"
-Why did the sea snake barf out a cow?
-"oh look you found the safe"
-The symbols on the bathroom doors looked like eggs or something.
-"HOT DOGS, POPCORN"
-"Free axe day"
-OH MY GOD THE GUY'S FACE AFTER THE STADIUM GETS PLUNGED XD XD XD XD XD
-WHO'S HUNGRY
Cons:
-uh

Cha

I love SBM
That went really fast but interesting too, like I'm glad Squidward actually went along and felt concern for once. I really liked that plumber design guy and some of the jokes were great like the cheerleaders, Mr. Krabs not shaking his hand or just the whole skits in the sewers. Not my favorite S9 episode still, but was quite the head rush. I really liked how SB and Squidward played off each other.

Kukimao

Flying Dutchman's Sock
tumblr_nxorx7uQCa1s2kw58o1_1280.png

I liked Spongebob's To Do List, especially eat 10 500 chocolate bars.

Supmandude

Squog
THIS WAS AN AMAZING EPISODE!!!!! :D :D :D It actually made me feel like I was an 8 year old watching a new episode back in 2003 again and I think we have Kaz to thank for that! One of the best episodes ever and I think it's the first new episode that's nearly indistinguishable from the classics (the only difference being that it's in widescreen HD.) :)

Needless to say, this gets 100000/10. It might even make my list of Top 10 Best SpongeBob Episodes Ever when I finally make that, that's how perfect and amazing and flawless and identical to classic SpongeBob it is!!!!

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
I hate to say it about the idea of subplot, but...

Flushed Away did it.

Or the whole "after the first half of the game, everyone runs and flushes down their toilets and disaster happens" thing was a nice reference to Flushed Away?

Kukimao said:
5. Take road trip to the moon

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=RAVA2pBhIdRFClB2yudO5ld5fvT8HI6ln6dJQ9HTT9Q%3D

This was a great episode too. I didn't like it as much as What's Eating Patrick? or Patrick! the Game!, but I still liked it.

1. Patrick! the Game! (9.6/10)
2. What's Eating Patrick? (9.5/10)
3. Squid Plus One (9/10)
4. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (8.6/10)
5. Pull Up A Barrel (8.5/10)
6. Tutor Sauce (8/10)
7. The Executive Treatment (7.5/10)
8. Sanctuary! (7/10)
9. Lost in Bikini Bottom (5.5/10)
10. Company Picnic (5/10)

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
so squidward and spongebob just went bat ::dolphin noise:: crazy and just threw everything in the toilet?

that's so perfectly in character...

like I know it's annoying to complain about OOC but it's not very entertaining to watch when everything is just zaniness (which I know the show has always had, but not turned up to 11)

Giant Clam
This was another really good episode, although I thought Patrick! The Game was that little bit better. I still laughed several times though.

Both the episodes in the 194-pair could easily pass as pre-movie episodes.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
This was another really good episode, although I thought Patrick! The Game was that little bit better. I still laughed several times though.

Both the episodes in the 194-pair could easily pass as pre-movie episodes.
what

I know that's your opinion and all but I don't see it

Leedles

Leedle
President Squidward said:
so squidward and spongebob just went bat ::dolphin noise:: crazy and just threw everything in the toilet?

that's so perfectly in character...

like I know it's annoying to complain about OOC but it's not very entertaining to watch when everything is just zaniness (which I know the show has always had, but not turned up to 11)
Squidward has always been grumpy but also somewhat crazy on the inside. He often times has his inner-child get out of him (i.e. Idiot Box and The Snowball Effect). That gives away one explanation. SpongeBob has always been a childlike character. The reason they began throwing stuff down the toilet is because they unintentionally realized how fun it was.

Back