194b. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This one was really enjoyable. It was really funny, and Squidward and Spongebob having to work together is a plot that never gets old. There was a good sense of adventure, and the side plot was really entertaining too. This episode honestly feels very classic, and in my opinion would fit right in with the earlier seasons.

Great episode (9/10)

1. What's Eating Patrick? (10)
2. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (9)
3. Plankton's Pet (9)
4. Squid Plus One (8)
5. Pull up a Barrel (8)
6. It Came From Goo Lagoon (8)
7. Tutor Sauce (7)
8. Eek, an Urchin! (7)
9. Jailbreak (7)
10. License to Milkshake (6)
11. Patrick! the Game (6)
12. Lost in Bikini Bottom (6)
13. Extreme Spots (6)
14. The Executive Treatment (6)
15. Safe Deposit Krabs (6)
16. Squid Defense (6)
17. Gary's New Toy (6)
18. Bumper to Bumper (6)
19. Squirrel Record (5)
20. Séance Schméance (5)
21. Patrick-Man! (5)
22. Evil Spatula (5)
23. Company Picnic (5)
24. Kenny the Cat (5)
25. Sanctuary! (5)
26. Yeti Krabs (4)
27. Don't Look Now (4)
28. Squid Baby (3)
29. Little Yellow Book (2)
30. Spongebob, You're Fired! (2)

As for the standalone 9b rating:

1. What's Eating Patrick? (10)
2. The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (9)
3. Squid Plus One (8)
4. Pull Up A Barrel (8)
5. Tutor Sauce (7)
6. Patrick! the Game (6)
7. Lost in Bikini Bottom (6)
8. The Executive Treatment (6)
9. Company Picnic (5)
10. Sanctuary! (5)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
“The Sewers of Bikini Bottom” is an episode I’ve never felt very strongly about. I do always love when Squidward and SpongeBob aren’t at each other’s throats (or, far more accurately, Squidward at SpongeBob’s while SpongeBob doesn’t mind), because it’s a rarity and it works very well. I especially love when it’s them two vs. Mr. Krabs, though this episode isn’t really that.

The beginning of this episode makes me happy immediately because the Krusty Krab having a sports stadium named after it…well this expands the world of Bikini Bottom for me, makes it feel like we’re immersed in this environment. Again, it’s those sitcom feels, I don’t know how else to explain it. As the plot rolls on, I’m reminded again of “Yeti Krabs” and “Company Picnic”, except this time it’s Squidward who struggles to give SpongeBob something to do. Watch people say that this episode is ripping off “Squid’s Day Off” because of this, I simply cannot. Anyway, Squidward tells SpongeBob to flush as many things as he can down the toilet, and I love how even though Squidward realizes this is a mistake immediately, he decides to join in anyway, because we all know that Squidward has that child in his heart. It’s great to see him and SpongeBob having fun together, with no catch! Well, I guess there is a catch, and that’s that SpongeBob and Squidward end up flushing the formula down the toilet lol, which is what leads to the “sewer” part of this plot. God, they’re idiots. But they’re my idiots.

When Squidward and SpongeBob find out that they flushed the safe, their reaction is hilarious, and I love that when Squidward immediately blames SpongeBob, SpongeBob actually fires back. Leads to some good banter, and I love SpongeBob having a backbone. And then his dramatics about flushing himself down the toilet are great. I’m surprised Squidward even went after him (after a funny joke about getting the fry cook out of the toilet), but I’m fine with that because that means we get more great Squidward and SpongeBob interactions. Their exploration of the sewer is, simply put, very entertaining to watch. And it of course leads to insane chaos.

As for our little Mr. Krabs sideplot, I love this part of the episode too. I have to give props to the moment where Mr. Krabs goes to shake the sewer guy’s hand, and realizes that he did not mean to shake Mr. Krabs’ hand, so he just awkwardly pretends he was scratching his head. God, that was so real, and so me-core. The sewer guy himself is quite dramatic and I love it, I love when mundane things like this are so dramatized. You know, this episode reminds me a lot of “Tunnel of Glove”, where a sideplot ends up effecting the main plot. And what do you know, they both have to do with water too lol.

“The Sewers of Bikini Bottom” is a really fun and funny episode. It’s a fun little adventure with some great jokes throughout, and some really tight writing. I feel like that’s a compliment I haven’t given in a really long time.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.5/10

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
For some reason I thought this was a season 10 episode... that's a compliment if you were wondering
  1. Plankton's Pet (10/10)
  2. Patrick! The Game (10/10)
  3. What's Eating Patrick? (10/10)
  4. Pull Up A Barrel (10/10)
  5. Lost In Bikini Bottom (9.5/10)
  6. Patrick-Man! (9.5/10)
  7. The Sewers Of Bikini Botoom (9.5/10)
  8. Safe Deposit Krabs (9.5/10)
  9. Evil Spatula (9/10)
  10. Tutor Sauce (9/10)
  11. Don't Look Now (9/10)
  12. Sanctuary! (8.5/10)
  13. Seance Schmance (8.5/10)
  14. Squid Plus One (8.5/10)
  15. It Came From Goo Lagoon (8.5/10)
  16. Bumper To Bumper (8.5/10)
  17. Eek, An Urchin! (7/10)
  18. License To Milkshake (6.5/10)
  19. Extreme Spots (6.5/10)
  20. Jailbreak! (6.5/10)
  21. Gary's New Toy (6.5/10)
  22. Squirrel Record (6/10)
  23. Yeti Krabs (3.5/10)
  24. Squid Defense (3/10)
  25. Company Picnic (2/10)
  26. Kenny The Cat (1/10)
  27. Little Yellow Book (0.5/10)
  28. Squid Baby (0/10)
  29. SpongeBob You're Fired! (-99999999/10)

Back