193b. What's Eating Patrick?

MrTortellini00

lame funny
This was an episode I was waiting for! Surely my favorite 9.2 episode so far. Patrick was just how I wanted him to be in this episode :wub:

9/10

BitBob PixelPants

Frozen Cephalopod
Thank Neptune for Hillenburgs return to the series! We finally have good ol spongebob back from season 4! And some of the production music has returned too! Like "Honolulu March". This episode is in my top 10 list :) I give this episode a 10 out of a :dolphin noise: 10 because this episode was heart warming as "Plankton's Pet"

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
There are absolutely no words to describe how much I loved this episodes. This was easily THE best Patrick episode I've seen in a long time. The plot was well-written a creative and the characters were at their finest! What really made me love this episode was Patrick. He wasn't an unfunny, bumbling moron or, worse, a snobbish, fat jerk. He was the same lovable idiot we all knew and loved! Also, it was sweet of him to win for the kid with the broken leg! <3 Mr. Krabs was somewhat cheap in this episode, but it worked perfectly! The jokes were great and the episode as a whole was both funny and heartwarming overall! This episode gets a solid 10/10! Season 9 has really outdone itself this time. I have to thank the writers for restoring my love for Patrick again. <3 This episode, along with "Patrick-Man!" and "The Executive Treatment", is a must-see for all Patrick fans out there!

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: What's Eating Patrick?

This episode was very good. The plot was nice. Patrick was like his season 1-4 persona here, and it was amazing. The kid with the broken leg was a nice and funny character. The ending was heartwarming. There were some funny jokes. 8.5/10

Supmandude

Squog
It's a 10/10 perfect episode. All of the gags were funny and perfect.

Basically a rehashed version of the great snail race. I'm sorry, the "you have to taste the patty" is just stapled on and is resolved in like, a millisecond, the kid with the broken leg is annoying, and most of the characters are half-::dolphin noise:: jerks, cardboard cutouts, or annoying whiners.
2.5/10 because th original music making a comeback was a good thing.

Um, it wasn't anything like The Great Snail Race. At all. Just because they both have a competition or what?

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
Basically a rehashed version of the great snail race. I'm sorry, the "you have to taste the patty" is just stapled on and is resolved in like, a millisecond, the kid with the broken leg is annoying, and most of the characters are half-assed jerks, cardboard cutouts, or annoying whiners.
2.5/10 because th original music making a comeback was a good thing.

Why do you hate most Season 9.2 episodes

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I liked this episode, we experianced old soundtracks again ...It was also good, funny and I liked how Patrick seemed to understand some things...it almost felt like a pre-movie episode for me... It was good ..9/10 :)

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
Concept art:
ZrNCuKJ.jpg

8m595lm.jpg

TheCrunchyPudding00

Part Computer or Something
Seriously, this may be one of my favorite episodes of the entire series. The ending of this episode is similar to my favorite episode, band geeks, as both episodes have such a 'feel-good' ending. Also, Patrick is never a jerk in this episode at all. We get to see him caring about other characters which is something that has been lacking in some of these later seasons.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
The best season 9 episode! I can't find any flaws honestly, I just love about everything about this, great plot, great characterization, and great comedy. Patrick wasn't a jerk and Krabs had a reason to be greedy.

9.5/10

I really like this episode. In addition to a nice plot, this episode plays up its comedy in fantastic ways. I love the "taxes" and "homework" joke, as well as the ending joke where the child's other foot was hurt (it's much funnier than it sounds.) Patrick's character is also the funny type of stupid. 9/10

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
Wow, this episode is absolutely great. We finally got to see this type of Patrick after some bad moments he had in Seasons 7 & 8. It's really nice to see Patrick not being the unlikeable one, but instead trying to win a competition, just because of the young kid. Like the protagonist of the show. I finally got to see this one and it came up unexpectedly. There has been some references to previous episodes like Pat No Pay with the vaccuum mouth. I wonder why he didn't do that at the beginning, but his tongue "parts" wanted the taste rather than just throwing his mouth, but he actually did the latter. We had episodes were the fishes were rooting for Patrick in No Hat for Pat and The Googly Artiste, but this episode was much better than those two. I was kinda upset at Mr. Krabs first, then I realized that it kinda worked in this episode. Definitely the best episode we had in years, but I actually liked Plankton's Pet more.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I thought this episode was fine. It's not exactly one I would go out of my way and rewatch, but it's decent nonetheless. I do think it is a good step for Patrick's character, and does help make him likable after all the stuff he pulled in seasons 7, 8, and early 9. I like how he's not too much of a pushover like Pat No Pay, and actually has a heart here. I give it a 7.5/10.

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
It's about TIME that Spongebob did an Eating Contest Episode; With all that Patrick Eats, I'm suprised it didn't happen sooner; Though, I'd think that Bubble Bass would've been an Easy Shoo-in to win; But then again, He's not as major a Character as Patrick!!

I love this episode, honestly. Patrick being the one to do the contest is so in character, the jokes are funny, and this is a great episode premise. I can't find a single flaw with this episode.

Ranking so far:
1. What's Eating Patrick? (A+)
2. License to Milkshake (A)
3. Tutor Sauce (A)
4. Evil Spatula (A)
5. It Came From Goo Lagoon (A)
6. Pull Up a Barrel (A)
7. Eek, an Urchin! (A)
8. Bumper to Bumper (B)
9. Plankton's Pet (B)
10. Jailbreak! (B)
11. Lost in Bikini Bottom (B)