193b. What's Eating Patrick?

Giant Clam
It was a really nice touch to bring back that season 1 music at the end there. Although actually that same song also played in two season 7 episodes and a season 8 episode, so it has appeared in post-movie.

Anyways so I liked this episode, it was better than I thought it would be. 7.9/10.

This was the best Patrick episode in years. It's so much better than Patrick-Man, which is an episode I also adore. This episode could have used more jokes but I enjoyed watching it so much. The pacing was actually pretty fast and that's what I want to see in new episodes. The animation is marvelous as usual and facial expressions are gold. The credit goes to Patrick, which was his best performance in many years. He was so likeable in this episode, he actually wanted to don't let the injured kid lose his faith, that was so sweet and that's what I want to see Patrick, a sweet starfish. While it's not that funny, it's definetly my favorite second-post-movie episode so far.

Grade: A

Homie

get outer my space!
This episode was great- I was slightly disturbed this was gonna become like one of those DA "eating contest" fetish photos so I'm really glad it did not. Patricks best appearance in a long while.

This episode was truly heartwarming. I absolutely loved to see Patrick doing it just for the little kid. This episode was amazing, one of my favorites. 10/10.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
The Appetizer said:
My thoughts exactly. Only they needed to make the music selection a little more diverse. Maybe 90% of it APM and the remaining 5% original. :magicwink:
But then there won't be any original tracks to edit. And this guy won't have anything to do(((((
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2LnS5BYtrjW1Oa1en0Ot4A

And I like all of the original tracks for SpongeBob, even if they appear too often. They have their own charm.

By the way, the music in this episode was pretty diverse. 6 new APM tracks have appeared in this episode!

Professor Patrick

"Why must every 11 minutes of my life be filled wi
This was a great episode! I really loved the plot, and all the characters were great. 10/10

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
The Appetizer said:
Three of them I don't know, others:
Prelude to Conflict - Sam Fonteyn;
Whatever It Takes - Sam Spence;
Now is the Time (a) - David Robidoux.

That Square Guy said:
Also, why didn't Nickelodeon air any promos?
The episode wasn't too much of a promo for them.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
Probably the best Patrick episode we've had in years. He was just the right amount of stupid, not a total jerk or unbearably idiotic. He actually ended up being very funny and likable! One of the best aspects of this episode IMO are the visuals. Finally they're using the HD in interesting ways where everything doesn't look so bland. Lots of great facial expressions and cartoony gags in here. Krabs was pretty cheap in this episode but it doesn't hold it back much. The episode was really funny in general and one of the best episodes from the new era. If you're having doubts about the new eps, check this one out. :)

9/10

-Founder's day is here today!
-Mr. Krabs bouncing into the table and breaking it xD
-Lots of funny faces in this episode, which I'm super happy to see back :wub:
-"47 Krabby Patties please… I had a big breakfast so I'm not that hungry… Squidward, did you get a new haircut?"
-Sandy in the eating contest was hilarious :P
-Patrick was great in general.
-The tummy part was cute :P
-I LIKE WHISTLES
-I love the pointless costumes on Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob for some reason :P
-Please sell that Patrick hat Nick :wetpaint:
-Purple Perkins :bullshrimp:
-Dat old music tho :wub:

Season 9.5 ratings as of now:

Lost in Bikini Bottom: 8.5/10
Tutor Sauce: 8.5/10
Executive Treament: 7.5/10
Squid Plus One: 9/10
Pull Up a Barrel: 9/10
Company Picnic: 7/10
What's Eating Patrick?: 9/10

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
This was an awesome episode! :D My 2nd favourite of Season 9 so far after "Plankton's Pet"

It was surprisingly sweet. Patrick was in no way a jerk and I loved how he went on to win for that little boy. Not the funniest episode, but it had some pretty good jokes still, and it honestly felt like a pre-movie episode!
Also, the Honolulu March music they added at the end :wub:

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Adam Paloian:

Here are some of the fun drawings and gags I got to come up with for the patty-eating contest in the SpongeBob episode “What’s Eating Patrick.” Some of the most fun I’ve ever had working on the show.
I wish some of these expressions got to stay on-screen longer but I’m glad I get to share the boards with you guys!
Also, it should be well-noted that this episode was really well directed by Sherm Cohen, who is also my storyboard supervisor. Fans of the show should be very familiar with his work.
YfJLYKJ.png

5D4Z7vy.png
yC9bvrL.png

tIDYFIQ.png
xCCqX84.png

UMKyQFR.png

jakey the (insert namehere

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I thought this episode was great. They played antagonist krabs well, no jerky Patrick, and epically with a great plot and no filler. Not to mention its heartwarming. 9.7/10

PleaseDontTouchMyFries

Imitation Krab
The fact that he tried to win for the sake of the little boy with the broken leg was heartwarming. Jokes were great, but I'm sure that this episode could use a little more of them considering how the plot isn't that intense. Pacing was a little strange in some bits. Overall, this was a good episode! Hopefully, season 9 will get even better. 7.5/10

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
I actually really liked this episode. It's even my favorite of the new episodes so far. This has everything awesome, and there's no doubt. 9.5/10

Back