192b. Pull Up A Barrel

imrustyokay

Twitter: @imrustyokay
So, this was honestly, pretty decent. Sure the story was full of deu ex machinas but we don't watch Spongebob for the story right? The humor was pretty bang on. I got a few laughed here and there and I think Squidward was the best character in this. Also, i'm convinced that the orange British fish is PhillipB. Also, I can see the Mr. Krabs/Sandy Shippers. In more ways than one. *immature chuckle* But overall a decent episode definitely worth the 11 minutes. 7.7/10 or 77%

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
I thought the episode was pretty great. I'll have to watch it again to get my final thoughts on it, but I really did enjoy it. There was definitely a lot of things they could've done with the plot and I think they executed it well. A humorous story. Not really what we all expected, but that's okay.

The main characters in their pirate forms was fun to watch and Krabs was really great in this episode. Lots of good jokes and again, I really had fun watching it.

Also, Sandy x Krabs

:sandyx: :krabsx:

Atomic

Imitation Krab
I really liked this episode, it was funny the whole way through and I thought the story Mr Krabs was telling was interesting. Also I've been noticing the animation is getting less stiff with each episode, it was so good in this episode :thumb1:

9.5/10

Fondue Pot

Delicious
Good episode with nice timing but lacked a tiny bit of humor. 8/10. No HD theme which was kind of disappointing.

krandy

poplove

Floating Shopping List
I really liked this episode! And I was very pleased with the music choices in this episode. A strong episode in my opinion, funny and entertaining. 9/10

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
Pretty good episode. Some good jokes here and there, but very entertaining. ("ORNAMENTAL AT BEST!!!!!") Music choice was decent at best, with at least one pre-movie theme from what I heard ("A Pirate's Life For Me A" by Ron Goodwin). Awesome to see a KK episode not involving Plankton attempting to steal the secret formula. Wish this was a half-hour special though. I agree with Fondue, I was disappointed when I saw the theme wasn't HD. Can imagine some members here becoming Krabs x Sandy shippers. :krabsx: :sandyx: 10/10.

PS- Krandy is love. Krandy is life. :krabsx: :sandyx:
PSS- I wonder if Krabs' and Captain Patrick's Starfish's ship was the SS Diarrhea? :sbface:

imrustyokay said:
So, this was honestly, pretty decent. Sure the story was full of deu ex machinas but we don't watch Spongebob for the story right? The humor was pretty bang on. I got a few laughed here and there and I think Squidward was the best character in this. Also, i'm convinced that the orange British fish is PhillipB. Also, I can see the Mr. Krabs/Sandy Shippers. In more ways than one. *immature chuckle* But overall a decent episode definitely worth the 11 minutes. 7.7/10 or 77%
Have the orange fish (Lou from "Party Pooper Pants") make a reference to NPH and he would really be PhillipB in disguise.

J-444

Floating Shopping List
I find this episode to be my favorite in the series so far. IT GETS NEAR EVERYTHIG RIGHT!!!

Common Spongebob Pratfalls - Compared to PUAB

Spongebob's Idiocy
Spongebob has been smartened a little, as evidenced by the line "Yeah, what a goofball" when Mr. Krabs was talking about his character in the story. He is still slightly less than smart, but it's okay.

Patrick's Lack-Of-Brain
Patrick is smart in this one - He gets the idea of being a ruthless commander right-on!
That isn't even covering the twist in which good ol' Pat is revealed to have a stick-on scar and has been faking it. He responds to being revealed quite realistically, not crying hysterically or being smug. Stephen Hillenburg has still got it!

Squidward the Victim
Squidward's appearances in the story make you know what character he is thanks to Krabs' voiceover. You get a feeling that he is a formidable guard (Sour Note's power and rock-hard abs, anyone?). You also feel sorry for him when he's incapacitated because he's supposed to be helping (Remember, he still has the abs of steel!). His appearances in the Krusty Krab are also nice. It's been a lonk day and he feels bored, and it's nicely shown. He also doesn't get the sarcasm because he may be tired from the storytelling and long workshift. *deep breath*

Krabs the Money Grubber
Krabs has changed from a greedy dolphin noise to a more "Uncle Scrooge"-esque character as far as money is concerned. We also get to see him being an awesome lead for his story!

Irony: Krabs cooked like a pro on Patrick's ship. Contrast "The Appetizer" (Squilliam Returns). He's lost his skill over the years...

Sandy the Techie
We finally get to see a more actin-oriended side to Sandy again as a ruthless pirate captain with an eye for awesome seafarers.
It even gets returned from krabs himself! #Krandy
Her commandeering skills aren't touched upon, but implied, as we see with her ruthless pirate crew.

Plankton's One-Formula Mind
NOT touched upon. We'll see in a week.

Overall Episode Quality: 10/10
I consider this to be my favorite episode because it's just darn EPIC! It also deals with everything thrown at it with ease (Save for the fry force-feeding and a instance of throw-up, but those are minor nitpicks) . It also deals with consistencies fine (A hole in the ship caused by a cannonball reappears a few scenes later). The humor isn't the strongest, but it fits well, and that just makes it better. (The funniest had to be the animation of the ship sinking or the cherry brûlée jokes.) The only slightly dud joke was Spongebob's bouncing off the walls, and that still caused me to smile. The plot twist (involving Patrick) didn't add much to the plot, but it added to character, which Hillenburg was probably aiming for. All in all, I'd reccomend this episode to get people back into Spongebob after a wide failing streak. It's just too good to pass up a watch!

Cha

I love SBM
Oh my goodness, okay I don't care if SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy were in this and we never got to see his real crew mates, it amused me and for once I ACTUALLY felt like I enjoyed it the entire time. Idk why but I thought it was gonna be about his pirate days rather than his navy days. I must have forgot. Anyways I thought this was a fun little episode that had a good story line that didn't feel like it was too empty! Patrick stole the show and I found it interesting for "Patrick" to be the bossy captain of Mr. Krabs for once, that never happens. *slaps off scar* "MY PERSONALITY!"

I wonder if this was what Mr. Krabs was talking about when he said he was the head chief of the S. S. Diarrhea.

The Navy

Banished
This episode was slightly underwhelming and didn't have too many rapid fire jokes but it was still entertaining. I've stated this in another thread.

This episode was amazing! I loved the story and jokes. I loved Patrick, Sandy, Krabs, SpongeBob, what the hell, I loved every character. Their parts worked awesome. The whole thing was epic and my favorite Post-Sequel ep so far. Good one, and I'm really liking every Post-Sequel episode so far.

Bubble_Blowing_Baby said:
So far...

1. Squid Plus One (9/10)
2. Pull Up A Barrel (8.5/10)
3. Tutor Sauce (8/10)
4. The Executive Treatment (6.5/10)
5. Lost in Bikini Bottom (5.5/10)
For me, it's:

1. Pull Up A Barrel (10/10)
2. Lost in Bikini Bottom (10/10)
3. The Executive Treatment (9/10)
4. Tutor Sauce (8/10)
5. Squid Plus One (8/10)

Yeah, they're all awesome.

youraccent

Floating Shopping List
I actually thought this was really underwhelming. Story-wise/character-wise there weren't any red flags but the humor was lacking.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Should've been a half-hour special
(8/10)

I'm also kinda scared to watch Company Picnic, what if Krabs is flanderized, what if Spot doesn't return.

Back