192a. Company Picnic

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Since this leaked early and quite a few people have seen it and are already discussing it in the news thread, we might as well open the episode thread now.

AnimationCreated

*Trumpets Intensify*
This episode is just eh. I didn't really get anything out of it. There were a few funny jokes, but they would at most give me a chuckle. This episode isn't bad, I just expected more. 6/10

I can't believe this episode got leaked though. I don't know how that happened.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
This episode was fine, but I'm gonna tell more when I'll watch it at normal speed

Edit : Just saw it normally. It was ok, but my least favorite post-2nd movie so far.

I wonder how the original version looked like

Edit 2 : After thinking about it, this episode is a bit better of what I thought initially. There were good jokes but also some dull parts. Also, it's weird how the Squidward robot was torturing the Spongebob robot in the episode, for the good at least.

Raising my vote from 7 to 7.5/10

BobCarotte

meep
This episode was OK. I give it a 7/10.

EDIT: I re-watched this episode and I've changed my mind. This episode is actually good. I give it a 7.5/10.

nortonstime

Floating Shopping List
This episode was enjoyable to watch, but in a way felt strangely muted.

After being used to seeing such exaggerated versions of the characters, it was odd seeing Spongebob calm, Krabs (fairly) reasonable and Squidward not completely grumpy. It was refreshing for sure, and Spongebob's impressions at the start really cracked me up. But at some points, I did feel like the voice actors were restraining themselves. Like when Squidward found out the truth about Plankton's picnic, I expected a much stronger reaction.

Simmy and Tally made me laugh. Krabs almost signing the contract seemed really dumb, though, even for Krabs. Plankton's picnic was properly disgusting (for better or for worse). I thought the face-painting parts were amusing. Even Krabs planting Squidward on the mustard plate was a small gag that I liked.

The animation is beautiful. Loved how colorful the ep was.

poplove

Floating Shopping List
I liked it, but I just felt like something was a bit off about it. And also Spongebob's voice sounded very weird to me.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
http://fas1997.deviantart.com/art/Pros-and-Cons-Company-Picnic-562477951?ga_submit_new=10%253A1443225496

The animation keep getting better and better. It reminds me of season 4. They still need to work on the location (although I won't call this a Krusty Krab episode as it only appeared in the first few minutes) and the music variety (though it's a blend of pre and post movie music here). On another note, the artwork is getting better as well. Like the animation, it's season 4-esque that it is constantly off-model and expressive.

Cha

I love SBM
Omg the patty picnic in the beginning and Squidward's grandma. <3 Mr. Krabs being cheap got old, because of how overused it is but whatever. Poor Simmy though, too much abuse. Hmm, I wonder why SpongeBob can't have fun with paper plates when he can have fun in a gum wrapper? The slow-mo thing was kinda funny too. I'm glad Plankton brought something new to this episode, even if it felt slow like a lot of SB episodes these days.

ScumBob

sicko m0de
Cha said:
Hmm, I wonder why SpongeBob can't have fun with paper plates when he can have fun in a gum wrapper?
I think it's more of SpongeBob seeing his friends ditch him and having more fun than he is. If I were to compare a fun paper alone to a full "amusement park" with friends I would choose the amusement park

although it was a trap and it was all holographic

imrustyokay

Twitter: @imrustyokay
I don't know what is it, but I just got angry at this episode. Maybe it's the overused and/or unfunny jokes, maybe it's the idiocy of Spongebob, maybe it's Plankton's overblown plan. I don't know. I rating for now is a 2/10 I guess

ScumBob

sicko m0de
imrustyokay said:
I don't know what is it, but I just got angry at this episode. Maybe it's the overused and/or unfunny jokes, maybe it's the idiocy of Spongebob, maybe it's Plankton's overblown plan. I don't know. I rating for now is a 2/10 I guess
I know, it's your opinion and all but

1411443972606.png

when was spongebob an idiot in this episode

imrustyokay

Twitter: @imrustyokay
I know, it's your opinion and all but

1411443972606.png

when was spongebob an idiot in this episode
I don't really know, I guess it was when he was trying to have fun with mustard or something. I don't know, I might need to watch this again. I can't do it tomorrow because YARDSALE

ScumBob

sicko m0de
imrustyokay said:
I don't really know, I guess it was when he was trying to have fun with mustard or something. I don't know, I might need to watch this again. I can't do it tomorrow because YARDSALE
IMO making the most fun out of the stuff you have = / = idiocy

And plus, SpongeBob's always been like that. Watch the Paper.

also if anyone was the idiot in the episode it was Krabs trusting Plankton

Back