192a. Company Picnic

MrTortellini00

lame funny
SpongeyKid said:
For the first time you finally give an episode below a 10/10. History has been made. I know you've probably done it before but this is rare :P

But yeah, I can see why you think it feels like a season 9a episode, I get a little bit of that vibe too.
It's not surprising since the main plot of the episode comes from an idea of a scrapped episode from season 9a

babydoll

Bomb-Selling Pirate
this episode feels like a s4 episode mixed with a s1 episode. does that even make sense?

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
President Squidward said:
i don't know why people say this but ok
I don't know why people say this either. I don't think Spongebob has been flanderized at all. (Very unpopular opinion.) The only one who has really flanderized IMO is Squidward. :hehe:

Please, don't get mad at me. :sbpopcorn:

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
Some concept art I found online:
LPQamfH.jpg

GvTfbD4.jpg

I2nNLC7.jpg

SquiddlyPie

random gal
It was a good episode IMO, I enjoyed it..I hadn't watched since yesterday which it originally premiered here in my country...It was funny too...I'll give it a 9

Donuts

Floating Shopping List
The return of the "watering down the ketchup" gag was brilliant

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
This episode is nothing special. I did like SpongeBob's characterization but nothing was really funny at all to me. Feels like a higher-tier season 8 episode.

6.5/10

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
I actually liked this episode. It had many funny moments and exaggerated facial expressions. And I thought the twist ending was hilarious. Sure, it made little sensem but the fact that it came out of nowhere just sells it. 9/10

This episode was decent. I like the plot, and I enjoy many of the jokes (I lost it at the part where Squidward burns his eye.) Unfortunately, it suffers some of the side effects of the characters. SpongeBob's characterization is fine, but Squidward and Mr. Krabs become overly hyper for the rides. It feels especially weird on Squidward's part, since he usually only goes into these childish fits when he's stooping down to the levels of his neighbors, so to see him lose his mind over a roller coaster ride doesn't feel very natural, in my opinion. 5/10

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I thought this episode felt kinda weak, but it was just okay. I think it's because of the ending, where everything turned out to be holographic. It was actually interesting in the beginning where SpongeBob was playing with the Krabby Patties and giving the idea of doing a company picnic. I also liked how he was saying that it was the best company picnic ever, even though it was really tirin to look at their "boring" picnic. It could've been executed better, but it is actually okay. I don't think I'm going to say anything else, besides SpongeBob being good in this episode and Planktong trying to make Squidward and Mr. Krabs sign the contract to become his employees. It was a meh/okay not very special compared to the other episodes I've watched lately.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I thought this episode felt kinda weak, but it was just okay. I think it's because of the ending, where everything turned out to be holographic. It was actually interesting in the beginning where SpongeBob was playing with the Krabby Patties and giving the idea of doing a company picnic. I also liked how he was saying that it was the best company picnic ever, even though it was really tirin to look at their "boring" picnic. It could've been executed better, but it is actually okay. I don't think I'm going to say anything else, besides SpongeBob being good in this episode and Planktong trying to make Squidward and Mr. Krabs sign the contract to become his employees. It was a meh/okay not very special compared to the other episodes I've watched lately.

Well, I had to double post this time, because I've actually changed my opinion on this one. It is way better than I initially thought, as that opinion was more of a first impression. Honestly, I don't find it boring, I enjoyed it. I felt it was okay at first, because of the ending, but despite the ending being not that good here, the rest of the episode felt enjoyable. The contract thing kind of bugged me as well, but SpongeBob trying to help them was funny and there are some parts that made me think this episode was better than before, such as Squidward and Mr. Krabs playing around after they left SpongeBob alone, SpongeBob as a character, especially with the fact that he says it is mthe best company picnic ever, and the beginning was very interesting. I didn't Squidward being childish in this episode, as he had someone (Mr. Krabs) to play around with, unlike in The Fish Bowl with the ice cream obsession, which came out of nowhere and it was very weird and unappealing. In this episode, it actually worked. The episode actually is better than I thought so I consider it to be a good episode. Not the best from Season 9, but still something worth-watching. I think there are some good parts in this episode that weren't as important as the other major parts of the episode. It felt fast-paced as well, which is fine to me. I don't why it felt fast-paced to me, but it just did and that is perfectly fine to me.

Not a very special episode, but I still enjoyed it for what it was. Sure, you could argue that it was a little gross at times, but it's not that bad, and this episode has a few funny jokes.

Ranking so far:
1. License to Milkshake (A)
2. Tutor Sauce (A)
3. Evil Spatula (A)
4. It Came From Goo Lagoon (A)
5. Eek, an Urchin! (A)
6. Bumper to Bumper (B)
7. Plankton's Pet (B)
8. Jailbreak! (B)
9. Lost in Bikini Bottom (B)
10. Patrick-Man! (B)
11. Yeti Krabs (B)