192a. Company Picnic

toasterstrutel

Krabby Patty Burglar
This was a bad episode. It didn't make much sense, had Mr. Krabs being mean, was against Squidward, and was akward at times. However, it had really good animation that was crisp and creative, and had a couple of funny moments like Spongebob being Barnacle boy and Spongebob in slow-mo. I also thong the reference to shell of a man was good.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Felix said:
and the music variety (though it's a blend of pre and post movie music here)
Well, there was new techno-music and "spooky organ" cues by Nick Carr and two Gregor Narholz tracks in a row - "Enchanted" (from "Squid's Day Off") and "Everlasting (g)" (from "Yours, Mine and Mine"). Also they used "Declamatory Chords" by Alan Braden when Krabs screams at his toys' "true form". A good choice instead of overused "Drama Links" or "Dramatic Impacts".
In "Pull Up a Barrel", there WAS a variety of music cues. I heard an accordion cue that's played only in "Guilible Pants". Also some cues like "Sword Fight" (Fonteyn), "Buccaneer Overture" and "Pirate Ship" by Farnon (used only in "Grandpappy the Pirate"). And, of course, one new cue by Sam Fonteyn in "Do as he says, Captain" moment.
In "Executive Treatment", it was the first time Soho Archive tracks were used. They appeared on APM in Fall 2013, and 5 of them were used. The elevator music was composed by Sam Spence, by the way.

And I'm really surprised that Barry Anthony isn't included in "music composed by" section. If he's not working on the new original compositions for the show anymore, who's playing Squidward's clarinet, then?

Atomic

Imitation Krab
I enjoyed this episode a lot, and I thought the ending was really clever. Spongebob was a lot like his pre movie self, and Squidward was having fun in a lot of this episode which is a nice change. I thought Mr. Krabs was written well too, not as greedy as I thought he would be. The animation was amazing, like seriously the character expressions and backgrounds are getting better with each episode. Overall a good episode.

It was meh. This is where I stand right now:

1. Squid Plus One (9/10)
2. Pull Up A Barrel (8.5/10)
3. Tutor Sauce (8/10)
4. The Executive Treatment (6.5/10)
5. Lost in Bikini Bottom (5.5/10)
6. Company Picnic (5/10)

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
This episode was actually pretty good, in my book. I missed the first few minutes, but the rest was decent. Nice plot with funny jokes and more. I especially liked the part where [spoiler3]Plankton's stuff turned out to be projected holograms or whatever[/spoiler3]. 8.5/10

CJO5050

Floating Shopping List
I noticed in the opening credits that Sherm Cohen, the storyboard supervisor, is credited on the same slide as the writers and storyboard director. And just like in Pull Up a Barrel, Marc Ceccarelli, the new animatic director, is credited on the same slide as Vincent Waller and the animation directors.

SarahGiraffe

Giant Clam
I liked this episode.

My favorite parts:

The Patty Family Picnic (and Spongebob's little dialogue between Timmy and Sally was just hilarious, yet sweet)
Pete
Callback to Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, and also the picture as mentioned above, but I think that was Squidward's mom, not his grandma.
The slow-motion gag
The name Simmy made me think of The Sims

I also laughed out loud when Simmy got dunked and shorted out the first time, and I laughed at Plankton's reveals, especially when Mr. Krabs was relieved that his stuffed walruses were supposedly real, then shown to be skeletons.

Episode rating: 8.5/10.

Tbh I think this is one of the better episodes from season 9.2. From patty role playing to slow-motion, A lof scenes made me laugh out loud. The twist, while nothing new, it was still a good gag. A lot of facial expressions were so humurous, especially "THE GREATEST COMPANY PICNIC EVER" at the end. It's definetly not amazing, Squidward got hurt here and there and the ep slow at some points but this is the season 9.2 episode that made me laugh hardest. So it gets a high grade from me, an "A-"

Noah Spongy

FIRETRUCK CLOWNS
Hazmart said:
The episode is funny, but the story is meh. 8/10
Probably because Mr. Lawrence wrote the story, and most of his writing in more recent episodes are kinda slow IMO.

But anyway, I thought this episode was good, but not as great as the other episodes.

Good Parts:
I have to admit, a lot of the facial expressions were really great and funny in the episode.
I had some good laughs, especially with the slo-mo gag and Simmy exploding. I have a weird sense of humor :P
Those Krabby Patty figures, though.
I actually quite enjoyed Plankton in this episode, and that twist at the end was actually kinda unexpected for me!

Bad Parts:
A bit of Squidward abuse, but it was actually kinda funny.
The plot got a bit slow and boring in some parts.
Lynne Naylor's storyboarding made SpongeBob look a bit like how he did in Season 9.1 at the beginning of the episode, which didn't look quite right.

Overall, a 7/10, cuz when they got things right in the episode, they REALLY got them right.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Adam Paloian:

Here are some of the shots I did for the SpongeBob episode “Company Picnic.”
There were a lot of fun expressions that I got to come up with. I was very happy with how this episode turned out.
iIIqFAx.png

SIwoerh.png

VvcZ2Bi.png

tUNWqVD.png

rEODY5h.png

CtWC7uX.png

whRcYkN.png

imrustyokay

Twitter: @imrustyokay
IMO making the most fun out of the stuff you have = / = idiocy

And plus, SpongeBob's always been like that. Watch the Paper.

also if anyone was the idiot in the episode it was Krabs trusting Plankton
We'll, I also hate the paper so that didn't convince me to change my opinion.

I watched it again, and I'm still standing by my opinion. Oh, and the ending sucked too. It's just that twist that just throws everything off for me.

Growlie

Best Boy
This episode was enjoyable to watch, but in a way felt strangely muted.

After being used to seeing such exaggerated versions of the characters, it was odd seeing Spongebob calm, Krabs (fairly) reasonable and Squidward not completely grumpy. It was refreshing for sure, and Spongebob's impressions at the start really cracked me up. But at some points, I did feel like the voice actors were restraining themselves. Like when Squidward found out the truth about Plankton's picnic, I expected a much stronger reaction.

Simmy and Tally made me laugh. Krabs almost signing the contract seemed really dumb, though, even for Krabs. Plankton's picnic was properly disgusting (for better or for worse). I thought the face-painting parts were amusing. Even Krabs planting Squidward on the mustard plate was a small gag that I liked.

The animation is beautiful. Loved how colorful the ep was.

I still have yet to see this episode. I'm trying to find It on my U-verse.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: Company Picnic

This episode was very decent. The plot was decent too. There were some funny jokes. 6.5/10

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I enjoyed this episode a lot, and I thought the ending was really clever. Spongebob was a lot like his pre movie self, and Squidward was having fun in a lot of this episode which is a nice change. I thought Mr. Krabs was written well too, not as greedy as I thought he would be. The animation was amazing, like seriously the character expressions and backgrounds are getting better with each episode. Overall a good episode.
i don't know why people say this but ok

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
[quote name="President Squidward" post="963175" timesta20236"]

i don't know why people say this but ok[/quote]I think he meant Spongebob was (pretty) close to his "original personality", because he was more calm and reasonable than his flanderized version.

Growlie

Best Boy
Good episode, but the dead seadragon was creepy. Which is why I gave it it's own topic.
Also, SpongeBob forgot that the sponge robot was, well... that, a robot. A pen hitting a robot's eye isn't gonna do ::dolphin noise::! But, it's SpongeBob, what's ya gonna do?

Supmandude

Squog
I have to admit, I'm not sure how much was held over from the original version, but it felt more like a Season 9a episode to me. I'm not sure what it is, but it just wasn't as perfect as the rest of the Season 9b episodes. Still really great and amazing with hilarious gags, but not 100% perfect. 9/10

Back