191a. Squid Plus One

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
Am I the only one who doesn't like this episode? At all?! :handshake:

First of all, I absolutely hate Squidward in this episode! He's incredibly rude to everyone around him, and I'm somehow expected to feel sorry for him. Even worse, he constantly treats Spongebob like garbage and isn't punished for it! :patno:
It really sucks how SB hasn't done anything to Squid, and is treated like utter garbage! >_> (Nowhere as bad as Little Yellow Book, but still).

Everyone: If Patrick is not nice to Spongebob, it's a horrible episode and Patrick is a (dolphin noise). If Squidward is not nice to Spongebob, it's a good episode and Squidward is happy.
Me: That logic is stupider than Season 7 Patrick!

I can't feel sorry for Squidward if he isn't nice to anyone! He's rude to Spongebob, he's rude to Larry and he's also rude to Norton. He's not even looking for friends! Just someone to follow him to the gallery, or hold a mirror towards his face! >_>
Squidward doesn't deserve a happy ending in this episode! He's rude, selfish and outright mean!
And Good God, do I feel bad for Spongebob! :sbbye2:
If the episode ended with Squidward accepting Spongebob as his Plus One, it would've been cliché, but I would've liked that more than what we got!

It's not among the worst in the show, but I'm insulted how aren't bothered by how Squid treats SB, but are triggered when others treats SB badly!

Larry and Norton are the only good parts of this episode! That's not saying much, though. Larry swatting Squid in the head is easily the best part in this mediocre excuse for an episode!

1,5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
The_Swedish_Spongebob_Fan said:
Am I the only one who doesn't like this episode? At all?! :handshake:

First of all, I absolutely hate Squidward in this episode! He's incredibly rude to everyone around him, and I'm somehow expected to feel sorry for him. Even worse, he constantly treats Spongebob like garbage and isn't punished for it! :patno:
It really sucks how SB hasn't done anything to Squid, and is treated like utter garbage! >_> (Nowhere as bad as Little Yellow Book, but still).

Everyone: If Patrick is not nice to Spongebob, it's a horrible episode and Patrick is a (dolphin noise). If Squidward is not nice to Spongebob, it's a good episode and Squidward is happy.
Me: That logic is stupider than Season 7 Patrick!

I can't feel sorry for Squidward if he isn't nice to anyone! He's rude to Spongebob, he's rude to Larry and he's also rude to Norton. He's not even looking for friends! Just someone to follow him to the gallery, or hold a mirror towards his face! >_>
Squidward doesn't deserve a happy ending in this episode! He's rude, selfish and outright mean!
And Good God, do I feel bad for Spongebob! :sbbye2:
If the episode ended with Squidward accepting Spongebob as his Plus One, it would've been cliché, but I would've liked that more than what we got!

It's not among the worst in the show, but I'm insulted how aren't bothered by how Squid treats SB, but are triggered when others treats SB badly!

Larry and Norton are the only good parts of this episode! That's not saying much, though. Larry swatting Squid in the head is easily the best part in this mediocre excuse for an episode!

1,5/10
This is just you ranting about Squidward's character rather than a review of the episode construction.

Growlie

Best Boy
Concept art:
EqPT8Jx.jpg
Must...Add...Unibrow!

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
Honest Slug said:
This is just you ranting about Squidward's character rather than a review of the episode construction.
Squidward is the main focus of this episode. And considering how unlikable he is here, I cannot enjoy this episode.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Squidward is the main focus of this episode. And considering how unlikable he is here, I cannot enjoy this episode.
Squidward is supposed to be a grumpy introvert. I think he has a right to not bring SpongeBob considering how annoying he finds him. (And I find him too at times)

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
Honest Slug said:
Squidward is supposed to be a grumpy introvert. I think he has a right to not bring SpongeBob considering how annoying he finds him. (And I find him too at times)
Sure, Squidward is grumpy. But not spiteful. At least not THIS spiteful. Spongebob still doesn't deserve this treatment in this episode, considering he hasn't done anything to Squidward. It's just uncalled for and very unfair.
Spongebob is not only the character we're generally supposed to root for/enjoy watching, he's also among the nicest characters in cartoon history, undeniably. And considering how SB is actually sad when Squid rejects him the 2nd time isn't at all fun to watch.

Even ignoring Spongebob, this episode doesn't do very well for me. I find it rather boring and underwhelming.
It's probably because of my dislike for Squidward in later seasons.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Sure, Squidward is grumpy. But not spiteful. At least not THIS spiteful. Spongebob still doesn't deserve this treatment in this episode, considering he hasn't done anything to Squidward. It's just uncalled for and very unfair.
Spongebob is not only the character we're generally supposed to root for/enjoy watching, he's also among the nicest characters in cartoon history, undeniably. And considering how SB is actually sad when Squid rejects him the 2nd time isn't at all fun to watch.

Even ignoring Spongebob, this episode doesn't do very well for me. I find it rather boring and underwhelming.
It's probably because of my dislike for Squidward in later seasons.
Squidward isn't hurting SpongeBob in any way. Squidward doesn't need to bring him to the showing if he doesn't want to. I really don't know why it's so heinous for Squidward to just not want to bring SpongeBob when he isn't the type that'd fit well at a fancy art gallery.

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
The E-Man Guy said:
As an introvert, man do I love this episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uOz1O0j6F4
Funny how introvert means self-centered. Because that's what I accused Squidward for in this episode. :sblaugh:

Back