190b. Tutor Sauce

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
Iit's a 10/10 no brainer

Squidward was flat out hilarious, salting Mr. Krabs,assaulting the customer (I NEED THE BACKSTORY INFO PLEASE
tongue.png
) and all of that jazz he was perfect. The gags did get repetitive, but hey it did something different with the gag, like the simulator, and the one way so it completely makes up for that. Gary can tie shoes, so I guess he can also nonchalantly drive through a dangerous...whatever it was. The ending while probably not deserved for the episode is still hilarious, also the animation is to DIE FOR!
squilliam2.png

Also this weird thing
Mf64Wqc.png
I'm just gonna go with Jeffrey switched costumes to avoid being touched

Katniss

totally coral
I found Tutor Sauce to be my favorite episode of the pair. The gags about destroying the Krusty Krab were repetitive but still amusing. I also liked that droll traffic cop who's married to the job, as well as Pearl's cameo But the best part of this episode was Mr. Krabs's character. He wasn't overly greedy or a jerk this time! He was genuinely interested in helping SB learn how to drive despite the damage and money he ended up costing. Tutor Sauce gets a solid 8/10 from me.

KaliniHoudini

Part Computer or Something
Well, it's time to give my thoughts that apparently no one wants to hear anymore. This episode was a bit strange in structure, but I feel like it's more a-kin to say, "The Hot Shot," a (good) Season 8 episode. That episode had high stakes, and it was a boating school episode. It had a character that had his own driving style that SpongeBob could follow, but until the end, he knew he couldn't trust that kind of driving. This episode included that same vibe, except the plot doesn't go anywhere at anytime until the Gary drove the car, and it was at the last minute. SpongeBob never really had a chance to gain Mr. Krabs driving style. But in the beginning, thanks to Pearl's cameo we knew it would end up wrong. Although, I will mention Pearl's cameo is actually pretty sweet, along with Jeffrey and the arcade gag in-of itself. But you wanna know the most pathetic thing is? The highlight of the episode was the TITLE CARD. A fragrant magenta coupled with flowers, complemented with a yellow text with a blue shading grabbed ahold of the viewer's attention from the beginning. I'm sorry, but Jack's writing style just seems... bland. Almost like he wants to take the show in a new direction, and wants to be seen as memorable, but he's just not putting enough focus into most of the story. I know you don't need the most complex story for a comedy. but you at least need more than a setup to get yourself into gear and just have things take a turn for the worse in the end.

The highlights were a bunch of cameos, the lawsuit, and the title card. The negatives were the episode's overall writing being unfocused, and most of the timing of the jokes were too quick. It's almost like it was disappointing, but it wasn't enough to make me feel like it was totally worthless.

Story: D+
Characters: A+
Humor: B-
Visuals: B

Overall: C+

Illiniguy34

That Reviewing Guy
Hearing some of the stuff said about this, it would appear that it was crap. Well, off to go watch it myself. Wish me luck guys!

ScumBob

sicko m0de
imrustyokay said:
IF THE JOKE WASN'T FUNNY THE FIRST TIME WHY WOULD YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THE NEXT FIVE BILLION ::dolphin noise::ING TIMES? Okay, this episode was unfunny. It's just the same "Spongebob sucks at driving" and "Mr Krabs is a cheapskate" joke OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I'm sorry, but this is one of my least favorite episodes. 0.5/10 or 5%
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I like how everyone started fight on this thread just because of one post

Like the word "::dolphin noise::" hasn't been used on the site before. grow up

Atomic

Imitation Krab
One of the best Episodes in a long time, Mr. Krabs was close to his original self, tons of REALLY funny jokes, funny ending ext. 10/10 No real complaints at all for this one.

Oh and also for both this and LIBB instead of Gross out they used close ups similar to earlier seasons which is great in it's own right.

Insomnia

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Wow, this might be the first time I've ever found a modern spongebob episde to be actually decent compared to the old series. Visually this looked very differnt, the angles and backgrounds used were more creative and natural then they have been in years. Also a couple of pretty decent jokes here too, mr krabs quip about the policeman married to his job was honestly the first legit laugh I've had from this show in years.
They did defintly beat the recurring joke over the head one too many times but it was decently funny at times and I did actually enjoy this episode. It felt this could have been maybe one of the weaker classic era eps, which is still much better then most anything outta the show nowadays. Overall it felt they were actually trying to harken back the old episdes and if the show can at least be this decent I may watch the show regularly again.

6/10 for OLD spongebob standards, so pretty decent

plantfunny123

Imitation Krab
This episode was AWESOME! I loved most of the jokes used, and while spongebob crashing into the Krusty Krab did get a little repetitive, it was still really funny! I am now officially rising my expectations for the show! YAY!!

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
This episode didn't have a lot of things that bothered me. I thought it was a better episode that LiBB. Usually boating school episodes (or rather, episodes which feature SpongeBob learning to drive) nowadays bother me because they have endings which ruin the episode (Nautical Novice, Bumper to Bumper), unnecessary faces (Boating Buddies), and character derailment (Demolition Doofus), but this was the best boating episode since, well, Oral Report. A lot of the jokes were funny and weren't spoiled by Nick promos. I liked the ones where the racing game crashes into The Krusty Krab for no reason and the one where Squidward attempts to beat up a customer in a mirror. Also, I should probably mention that the face SpongeBob made in this episode wasn't nearly as bad as the faces in "Whatever Happened to SpongeBob" or "Boating Buddies". 10/10

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
This episode was actually pretty good. The bit with the arcade machine and also the parts with the fish working on The Krusty Krab were really funny. All the characters were good, and it was refreshing to see a new episode with new writers. 9/10.

iedasb

Crazy Artist
Tutor Sauce is kinda good, but it can't be compared to season 1 to 3 like people are saying...
I like how, even with SpongeBob destroys the Krusty Krab lots of times, the atmosphere looked "calm".
Mr. Krabs was kind like season 1 and 2... He was cool, I was waiting to see the cool Krabs again. But SpongeBob still need some work on his personalitty.
The animation, in my opnion, isn't the best, but that's okay, I can live with that.

6/10

Mr. Harrison

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Watching it again, what does Mr. Krabs even do to deserve all this? All the damage and losing in the end. Kind of a bummer.

Back