190b. Tutor Sauce

I really liked this one. It was a very interesting episode with some great jokes, good pacing, and SpongeBob's actions here are totally understandable.

Ranking so far:
1. License to Milkshake (A)
2. Tutor Sauce (A)
3. Evil Spatula (A)
4. It Came From Goo Lagoon (A)
5. Eek, an Urchin! (A)
6. Bumper to Bumper (B)
7. Plankton's Pet (B)
8. Jailbreak! (B)
9. Lost in Bikini Bottom (B)
10. Patrick-Man! (B)
11. Yeti Krabs (B)
12. Extreme Spots (B)
13. Safe Deposit Krabs (B)
14. Gary's New Toy (B)
15. Don't Look Now (C)
16. Squirrel Record (C)
17. Seance Shmeance (C)
18. Squid Defense (D)
19. Kenny the Cat (D)
20. Squid Baby (E)
21. Little Yellow Book (F)
22. SpongeBob You're Fired (F)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This one was really solid. Seeing Mr. Krabs teach Spongebob how to drive instead of Ms. Puff was a nice change-up, they handled it well, and the jokes were pretty good too. The ending was pretty good too.

Good episode (7/10)

1. Plankton's Pet (9)
2. It Came From Goo Lagoon (8)
3. Tutor Sauce (7)
4. Eek, an Urchin! (7)
5. Jailbreak (7)
6. License to Milkshake (6)
7. Lost in Bikini Bottom (6)
8. Extreme Spots (6)
9. Safe Deposit Krabs (6)
10. Squid Defense (6)
11. Gary's New Toy (6)
12. Bumper to Bumper (6)
13. Squirrel Record (5)
14. Séance Schméance (5)
15. Patrick-Man! (5)
16. Evil Spatula (5)
17. Kenny the Cat (5)
18. Yeti Krabs (4)
19. Don't Look Now (4)
20. Squid Baby (3)
21. Little Yellow Book (2)
22. Spongebob, You're Fired! (2)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Just good i like the facial expressions tho.

Rating: Good Episode

Rankings:
Plankton's Pet (Perfect)
License to Milkshake (Perfect)
Patrick-Man! (Amazing)
Séance Schméance (Amazing)
Eek, An Urchin! (Awesome)
Safe Deposit Krabs (Awesome)
SpongeBob You're Fired (Great)
Squirrel Record (Great)
Kenny the Cat (Great)
Extreme Spots (Good)
Evil Spatula (Good)
Tutor Sauce (Good)
Squid Baby (Okay)
Jailbreak! (Okay)
Squid Defense (Mediocre)
Lost in Bikini Bottom (Meh)
Bumper to Bumper (Meh)
Gary's New Toy (Bad)
It Came From Goo Lagoon (Bad)
Yeti Krabs (Bad)
Little Yellow Book (Inferior)
Don't Look Now (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Hooray for more nostalgia! Yep, I remember this episode clear as day too, but a revisit was definitely appreciated. And I’ve always liked this episode because it combines the “SpongeBob trying to get his license” plot with a “Krusty Krab” plot seamlessly, far better than, say, “Summer Job”. Though these episodes are trying to accomplish fundamentally different goals, so that’s not quite the fair comparison I’m presenting it to be.

“Tutor Sauce” starts off pretty well, focusing on Mr. Krabs first and foremost. I love how when Mr. Krabs faints, Squidward uses literal salt on him to get him to wake up, that was pretty funny. And then we get the reveal that these messed up patties are the result of SpongeBob being upset about failing his boating exam, and let me tell you, I already like this plot. Exploring the actual and emotional impact repeated failure has on SpongeBob, outside of him being in the boat? Count me in right now, this is exactly what I like to see!

I love SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs interactions, so you already know I’m happy with where this episode is going. Not to mention, Mr. Krabs teaching SpongeBob how to drive? They’re pretty much just handing us these quasi-father-son moments on a silver platter! Don’t even get me started on the little moment between Mr. Krabs and Pearl in this episode, that was precious and notice how they had Mr. Krabs give Pearl the money with no runaround? For quick gags like this, let’s keep that attitude going. The Mr. Krabs is a good father hive just won today! Also, SpongeBob only pays $100/semester for Boating School? Man, I wish college only cost that much.

This episode is just really funny. It’s another one of those episodes that’s comprised mostly of gags and running gags, and it’s done very well. I mean first off, the big running gag of the episode, SpongeBob crashing into the Krusty Krab (or making something crash into the Krusty Krab), and Mr. Krabs having to calculate the damages, is actually hilarious every single time, don’t know what to tell you. That construction worked got PAID! And there’s plenty of funny stuff other than this one gag too. Like there’s plenty of visual gags and expressive moments that made me laugh. Or the whole bit with Mr. Krabs trying to give himself a pep talk, that was hilarious. And of course, I love how Gary is a master at driving. Man, why do I always watch these episodes in places where I should be quiet? I’m really doing myself no favors. It’s hard to choke down my laughter.

"Tutor Sauce" was one of the best episodes I've seen in a long while. It was just so freaking funny, I loved the character dynamics here, and there's nothing bad I can say here at all. Easily the best of the season so far, and again, one of the best in a very long time. I mean...peep the score.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.6/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Hooray for more nostalgia! Yep, I remember this episode clear as day too, but a revisit was definitely appreciated. And I’ve always liked this episode because it combines the “SpongeBob trying to get his license” plot with a “Krusty Krab” plot seamlessly, far better than, say, “Summer Job”. Though these episodes are trying to accomplish fundamentally different goals, so that’s not quite the fair comparison I’m presenting it to be.

“Tutor Sauce” starts off pretty well, focusing on Mr. Krabs first and foremost. I love how when Mr. Krabs faints, Squidward uses literal salt on him to get him to wake up, that was pretty funny. And then we get the reveal that these messed up patties are the result of SpongeBob being upset about failing his boating exam, and let me tell you, I already like this plot. Exploring the actual and emotional impact repeated failure has on SpongeBob, outside of him being in the boat? Count me in right now, this is exactly what I like to see!

I love SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs interactions, so you already know I’m happy with where this episode is going. Not to mention, Mr. Krabs teaching SpongeBob how to drive? They’re pretty much just handing us these quasi-father-son moments on a silver platter! Don’t even get me started on the little moment between Mr. Krabs and Pearl in this episode, that was precious and notice how they had Mr. Krabs give Pearl the money with no runaround? For quick gags like this, let’s keep that attitude going. The Mr. Krabs is a good father hive just won today! Also, SpongeBob only pays $100/semester for Boating School? Man, I wish college only cost that much.

This episode is just really funny. It’s another one of those episodes that’s comprised mostly of gags and running gags, and it’s done very well. I mean first off, the big running gag of the episode, SpongeBob crashing into the Krusty Krab (or making something crash into the Krusty Krab), and Mr. Krabs having to calculate the damages, is actually hilarious every single time, don’t know what to tell you. That construction worked got PAID! And there’s plenty of funny stuff other than this one gag too. Like there’s plenty of visual gags and expressive moments that made me laugh. Or the whole bit with Mr. Krabs trying to give himself a pep talk, that was hilarious. And of course, I love how Gary is a master at driving. Man, why do I always watch these episodes in places where I should be quiet? I’m really doing myself no favors. It’s hard to choke down my laughter.

"Tutor Sauce" was one of the best episodes I've seen in a long while. It was just so freaking funny, I loved the character dynamics here, and there's nothing bad I can say here at all. Easily the best of the season so far, and again, one of the best in a very long time. I mean...peep the score.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.6/10
OMG CLASSIC MR KRABS IS BACK! i love his characterization in this, we even have the classic sb and krabs dynamic I LOVE 9B SO MUCH!!

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
This was my first introduction to the Post Sequel Era. I'm pretty sure it was the first Season 9B episode aired in the US too. Being a new era, while the style of the episode seemed a little different to me, it didn't seem too different to me yet at the time. I was interested to see how the show would change after the second movie. I would see how the series changed after this episode over time.

Anyway, I think the episode is decent. I don't have a ton to say about it really. It's interesting to see Mr. Krabs try to take matters into his own hands and teach SpongeBob how to drive. The episode is pretty amusing and entertaining. Watching the different ways Krabs trys to teach is fun. The part with the VR game also reminds me of a real SpongeBob racing video game I played in the past! I don't have much more to say. Altogether, this is a decently entertaining and amusing episode imo. But it's not an episode that's super memorable to me, aside from being my first exposure to Post Sequel. A decent start to Post Sequel in my experience!

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
This one was pretty good actually were starting off 9b really good
  1. Plankton's Pet (10/10)
  2. Lost In Bikini Bottom (9.5/10)
  3. Patrick-Man! (9.5/10)
  4. Safe Deposit Krabs (9.5/10)
  5. Evil Spatula (9/10)
  6. Tutor Sauce (9/10)
  7. Don't Look Now (9/10)
  8. Seance Schmance (8.5/10)
  9. It Came From Goo Lagoon (8.5/10)
  10. Bumper To Bumper (8.5/10)
  11. Eek, An Urchin! (7/10)
  12. License To Milkshake (6.5/10)
  13. Extreme Spots (6.5/10)
  14. Jailbreak! (6.5/10)
  15. Gary's New Toy (6.5/10)
  16. Squirrel Record (6/10)
  17. Yeti Krabs (3.5/10)
  18. Squid Defense (3/10)
  19. Kenny The Cat (1/10)
  20. Little Yellow Book (0.5/10)
  21. Squid Baby (0/10)
  22. SpongeBob You're Fired! (-99999999/10)

Back