190a. Lost in Bikini Bottom

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
YYEEEEEEEEAAAAHHH TOPICS UNLOCKED

Didn't see this episode yet (release day). However, I like the simple plot of this, and the abandoned sofa scene just makes me laugh. I guess I'll see this and Tutor Sauce when I can.

Cha

I love SBM
Nice sunrise in the beginning and Squidward's iconic singing again. <3 And SB falling downstairs reminded me of Missing Identity. Did the animation in these two eps feel different? I loved SB facial expressions and Krab's random "YOO HOO"! Which reminded me of his "Christmas to me line" and like, Sandy's training made me thought of To Save a Squirrel. The ending also reminded me Missing Identity when SB finally makes it to work but has to get cleaned. What's up with Squidward in these new episodes man, he's crazy. I wasn't a fan of this that much, but it's better than some S8 and S9 episodes. And Scott was funny.

Illiniguy34

That Reviewing Guy
I haven't seen this episode yet unfortunately. From what I've heard about it, there have been mixed reviews. I hope it's at least decent though, for me anyways.

FireyFistOPain

Part Computer or Something
The best part about this is the animation... It's changed again but this time, I think, for the better

The animation with the sunrise was so beautiful. Infact, this episode has some of the best animation in the whole series. Hell, this episode IS one of the best episodes in the series. I haven't enjoyed SpongeBob this much in like 4 years. The jokes were hilarious, the plot worked well and the whole thing was just perfect. Every second of it worked so well and i love this one to death. This gives me tons of faith in the new episodes! 11/10

Mr. Harrison

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I like it, not the best of the season, it's about on par with the rest of season 9's good episodes.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
The entire "straight line" scene and basically everything leading up to SB actually getting lost was one of the funniest things the show has ever done. The rest wasn't OMG SO AMAZE but it was pretty good. Really glad to have this show back.

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
I had to watch this on YouTube recorded with a crappy cell phone camera. This episode was good. The jokes were definitely there and you can tell that the show is changing. The ending was hilarious. But the episode felt a bit rushed. 7/10

EDIT: Watched this again but in WAY better quality. My opinions are still the same. It had some jokes and the ending was really funny. But this episode was not as good as I thought it was. But still a decent start for a new era. Keeping my 7/10 rating.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Perry The Platypus said:
Wait, isn't Tutor Sauce the a Episode? It aired first, although it reaired on nicktoons like an hour later, but idk if they put it 2nd or not.
Nope. Web-dls put it in the second spot.

BaconUnicornsAndSpongeBob

Wasn't the best episode, but it wasn't the worst. I was kind of disappointed, since everything was spoiled by pictures and promos. The only new thing I saw was the Sandy part and the ending. I rate this 7/10.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I had a look around and couldn't see if anybody already posted these. Apologies if they did and I missed it.

Bob Camp storyboards from Vincent Waller:
fSUQXG9.jpg

5Y9PnoK.jpg

2U8fdXE.jpg

zWVx84b.jpg

Qk7XXlf.jpg

vqNrJN9.jpg

Y3nenWp.jpg

BliZ05R.jpg

nlHMHnd.jpg

lg62G9Y.jpg

And some goodies from Adam Paloian:
A few of my storyboard drawings from “Lost In Bikini Bottom” and “Tutor Sauce.”
That cutely disturbing SpongeBob at the bottom is a clean-up of one of Fred Osmond’s great storyboard roughs.
tumblr_nrm3ceC7H91u1wgwdo1_1280.png

tumblr_nrm3ceC7H91u1wgwdo2_1280.png

tumblr_nrm3ceC7H91u1wgwdo3_1280.png

Here’s an outtake drawing from “Lost In Bikini Bottom” that was intended to be a gross-out painting.
tumblr_nrm3kd5ATq1u1wgwdo1_1280.png

Back