18a. Texas

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
"Texas" is dumb.

Actually, this episode is amazing and is one of the season's best. The Texas insults are hilarious and Sandy's random voice change during the song gets me. 10/10.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 1

Episode: Texas

This episode was good. The plot was nice. The song was nice. The ending was really heartwarming. There were some funny jokes. 8/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Pretty great episode that has a very sweet ending. All in all a cool episode, I love those Texas insults as well.

8.5/10

The Tide and Seeker

Balloon Traveler
Truly a classic in my book. The idea of Sandy moving back to Texas can give some good reactions from the characters. When I was a kid, I thought this was the last time we were going to see Sandy, but that was proven wrong when I saw the chase scene towards the end.

Final episode rank: 9.8/10

Favorite scenes: SpongeBob and Patrick making fun of Texas, and the chase scene.

This is a funny episode, even though it was a little creepy when Sandy lassoed Patrick, pulled him back, and we see an explosion...? :wetpaint:

Also, I had thought that this would offend many Texans, but fortunately everyone took the joke. :yes: 9/10

Squidy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The fast food restaurant that only sick people eat
Now I have a,or to say about this episode so get some popcorn.
Okay so I'm sure you all know about the Texas insult jokes. Well if you live in Texas this episode was banned in Texas. So the creator told everyone that they were just jokes so spongebob and Patrick were fine. So now that I have all of that cleared up lets talk about the episode itself. This episode was funny besides the Texas insult jokes, but those were funny too. But then sandy got back at them by shredding them into pieces. So good episode 9.5/11

TheDivertRealm

Floating Shopping List
In my opinion, Texas is very boring and one of the most dull episodes of Season 1. Sure, the characters are great in this one, but that one joke about Texas kind of offends me because it mocks the IQ of Texans, and I'm not that dumb per say. Yeah, the climax was annoying and could offend Texan people, but that at least led to the HEARTWARMING ending. As I said before, heartwarm affects the shows genre, and so does this one. Nothing pretty much happens in this episode, it's dry as the sand in Bikini Bottom. Oh, and the song almost made me fell asleep.

4.5/10

It's decent. It's nothing great or anything, but it's got a decent story, decent comedy, and the song isn't that bad, though I prefer Ripped Pants' song.

Ranking so far:
1. Employee of the Month (A+)
2. SB-129 (A+)
3. Sleepy Time (A+)
4. Pickles (A+)
5. Pizza Delivery (A+)
6. F.U.N. (A)
7. Plankton! (A)
8. Arrgh! (A)
9. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (A)
10. Sandy's Rocket (A)
11. Karate Choppers (A)
12. Help Wanted (A)
13. Rock Bottom (A)
14. Culture Shock (B)
15. Boating School (B)
16. Bubblestand (B)
17. Suds (B)
18. Scaredy Pants (B)
19. Home Sweet Pineapple (B)
20. Hall Monitor (B)
21. Jellyfishing (B)
22. Texas (B)
23. Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost (C)
24. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy (C)
25. Jellyfish Jam (C)
26. Tea at the Treedome (C)
27. Opposite Day (C)
28. Ripped Pants (C)
29. Valentine's Day (C)
30. Reef Blower (C)
31. The Chaperone (C)
32. Nature Pants (C)
33. MuscleBob BuffPants (D)
34. The Paper (D)
35. Squeaky Boots (D)
36. I Was a Teenage Gary (E)

EB The Original Master

Part Computer or Something
Sandy overreacted in this one. She spent the first half crying like a spoiled child and then went complete insane when SpongeBob and Patrick were just making harmless Texas slang jokes. I think Sandy might need to read this.

keep-calm-and-take-a-chill-pill-108-402.png

Rex

Floating Shopping List
We all have our unpopular opinions and this is definitely one of mine, I never liked this one and I have a few theorys why I don't but thats kinda dumb (Like Texas ;)). This episode is really stupid IMO, I always find the Texas jokes more cringey than anything and I also find it one of the most boring episodes of the season. Let me get the positives out of the way. The song is a classic and it really is a highlight of the episode, the characters also care for Sandy which is nice too see, Patrick screaming "Spongebob" is one of my favorite lines and also the animation is this episode is great, especially in that chase scene and that dirty joke is very nice. Onto the negatives this episodes humor with that one example is not very clever, most of it is jokes that just aren't funny to me. An example is the music notes joke I understand how it is meant to be funny but I think that it isn't funny and I don't know why. The Texas jokes as I said are really stupid IMO, "The starry nights are dull and dim, when they have to be over dumb ol Texas" that is my least favorite line and I don't have a reason to I just cringe at it. For the record I'm Irish so I don't find this offensive (I don't really know how anyone would but you get my drift). However I don't think Texas is bad, I am very close to giving it bad but those small highlights bring it up too a mediocre episode.

18a Texas Mediocre 5/10

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Up until the song, this episode doesn't seem too interesting, but during and after that the episode gets really great. It's really funny, and the mocking of Texas never gets too annoying or offensive (I don't know why it would be offensive, but I could see some people getting offended by it). I also love their choices of music throughout the episode, especially the chase scene. It sets a great atmosphere and makes Sandy seem a lot more of a threat. The ending is pretty cute too, complete with a nice Patrick moment at the very end. This was always one of my favorites when I was younger, and it still is to an extent. Really good one.

Great episode (9/10)

1. Pizza Delivery (10)
2. Rock Bottom (10)
3. SB-129 (9)
4. Opposite Day (9)
5. Pickles (9)
6. Texas (9)
7. MuscleBob BuffPants (9)
8. Sleepy Time (9)
9. Help Wanted (9)
10. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (8)
11. Plankton! (8)
12. Sandy's Rocket (8)
13. Employee of the Month (8)
14. Arrgh! (8)
15. F.U.N. (8)
16. Hall Monitor (8)
17. Scaredy Pants (8)
18. Ripped Pants (8)
19. Suds (7)
20. Tea at the Treedome (7)
21. Karate Choppers (7)
22. Jellyfish Jam (7)
23. Culture Shock (7)
24. Home Sweet Pineapple (7)
25. Boating School (7)
26. Bubblestand (7)
27. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy (7)
28. Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost (6)
29. Valentines Day (6)
30. Reef Blower (6)
31. I Was A Teenage Gary (6)
32. Squeaky Boots (6)
33. The Chaperone (5)
34. Nature Pants (5)
35. Jellyfishing (5)
36. The Paper (4)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
I'm gonna do a quick review, because I'm too lazy to do a full review. I'll do the full one later.

If you are looking at this from a SpongeBob and Patrick perspective, this episode is really funny and the plot is pretty decent. However, if you're looking at this from a Sandy perspective, it's just repetitive and mean-spirited. Plus, imagine singing a song about missing your home state, people crying to it, plus people feeling really bad for you, and then later making fun of you for it. For me, it's a high meh.

Back