189. SpongeBob, You're Fired!

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
This episode is just like any other episode that involves Spongebob being fired, not original in the slightest. It's also not funny.

3/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
I.....I don't hate this episode. *sees a sea bear attack me* Trust me, I have seen worse. It was just boring and it is one of the weaker specials. Mr. Krabs firing Spongebob for a mere nickel is just very stupid, thus making Krabs unlikeable in this episode. The plot is bland and unoriginal, and this episode could have been made into an 11 minute episode without loss of meaning. Of course there is a lot of filler, and this feels like a cross between Le Big Switch and Bummer Vacation. Both which are good episodes, but this episode isn't really that good. The only part that really irked me was Spongebob crying for at least a full minute.
Now, there are some reasons why it is not a bad episode. First of all, a few of the jokes were funny, like Patrick's face on top of his own face, and the beginning where Spongebob made Krabby Patties was a cute scene, and I found it kinda funny. To be surprised, this episode sent by pretty..quick! It felt more like 15 minutes despite it being a 22 minute episode. And yes, Spongebob saying "I'm ready!" for the first time in a while was a big saving grace for me, but Squidward saving Spongebob was just one of the best moments in the episode, because it proved the Squid doesn't hate Spongebob as much as he says.
Overall, just a meh episode. Boring, but it has its moments, and the moments make up for the bad parts. At least it isn't The Clash of Triton.

5/10

Supmandude

Squog
9/10 Really, really, really, really, really, really good, but not perfect.

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
I honestly think this episode was just average, it was a bit boring at times and Mr. Krabs firing SpongeBob for nickel was dumb but I found some parts kinda funny like when Patrick punched his head and the fight scene was pretty cool

Grade: 5.5/10

Best Character: :sbx:

Best Line: "I hope his pepperoni falls off"

Best Moment: The mascot fight

I don't get why people like the fact that Squidward saved SpongeBob and wanted him to come back. He didn't do that because he cared for SpongeBob. He even said he hates SpongeBob in the episode. He did that because he hates smell of burning patties more than SpongeBob. Honestly I hate that part so much. It makes Squidward a complete selfish a-hole without any heart whatsoever. I'm surprised that people call it best part of the episode or an heartwarmimg moment. :/

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
WhoBob said:
I don't get why people like the fact that Squidward saved SpongeBob and wanted him to come back. He didn't do that because he cared for SpongeBob. He even said he hates SpongeBob in the episode. He did that because he hates smell of burning patties more than SpongeBob. Honestly I hate that part so much. It makes Squidward a complete selfish a-hole without any heart whatsoever. I'm surprised that people call it best part of the episode or an heartwarmimg moment. :/
Also it makes no sense, Squidward could never do all of those fighting moves.

As for the episode itself it's just plain awful. There is basically no good qualities to it. The plot is minimal and is a giant rip-off of other episodes with zero substance to hold its own. The characters are terrible. Mr. Krabs is at his worst, Squidward, well look above, and Sandy is feeding people toxic food. I'll go into detail about this episode later but it really sucks 2/10.

Also it makes no sense, Squidward could never do all of those fighting moves.

As for the episode itself it's just plain awful. There is basically no good qualities to it. The plot is minimal and is a giant rip-off of other episodes with zero substance to hold its own. The characters are terrible. Mr. Krabs is at his worst, Squidward, well look above, and Sandy is feeding people toxic food. I'll go into detail about this episode later but it really sucks 2/10.
Well the show has no continity but Squidward kicking butt may make sense since he was trained in Squid Defense but that's my theory.

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
(*SPOILER ALERT*) If you haven't seen the episode, I would suggest to NOT read my review.
After re-watching the episode and watching reviews on the episode, I have finally decided to review it. So first off let me say that this episode is a good episode, and is REALLY underrated and REALLY over-hated. So the episode starts with "boring filler" as quoted by a reviewer (no names are going to be in this review), but the "boring filler" is put in to start the episode with a happy, fun mood, with SpongeBob showing how much he loves his job. I personally find this "filler" to be really entertaining, as you get to watch SpongeBob live his normal life while working at his job. Then, as SpongeBob say "I love my job!" Mr. Krabs comes out and fires him for a nickel, I mean I can believe Mr. Krabs "reasoning" because he did sell SpongeBob soul for 62 cents in "Born Again Krabs", yet nobody complains about that scene, sure he felt bad after Squidward had to point it out to him, but in this episode he fells bad, and even has Squidward hunt him down, to bring him back so he can apologize. But moving on, SpongeBob starts crying for about a minute, which I agree, is unnecessary, then it cuts to SpongeBob sadly walking home, and crying again, then Patrick comes and tries to make SpongeBob feel better. Something that people don't seem to notice is, people are to busy complaining about Patrick's behavior in previous episodes, so they don't notice how well meaning and supportive he is in this episode. Then, Patrick shows SpongeBob the wonders of "fun-employment" which I personally find funny, especially when Patrick gets food throw at him by Squidward. Then it cuts to SpongeBob and Patrick going to Sandy's house for "food". Which I find funny. I also like how SpongeBob's friends are REALLY supportive to him in this episode, such as Patrick and Sandy. Sandy then tells SpongeBob, he needs to get a new job, because he is falling apart. SpongeBob then gets his enthusiasm back and searches for a new job. I find SpongeBob trying out new jobs to be very entertaining, as it is something the show hasn't done before. I also love SpongeBob's quote "Like I need his dumb job anyway. Hope is pepperoni falls off.". That is one of the funniest SpongeBob lines in the whole show. :rofl: Then, SpongeBob goes home after being fired from all his jobs, and makes homemade "Snail-po" to feed Gary. Which again, I find really entertaining. And SpongeBob's previous bosses, kidnap SpongeBob after realizing they need him. Then, "The Killer Patty" comes and rescues SpongeBob and brings him to the Krusty Krab, which is revealed to be Squidward, and both him and Mr. Krabs beg SpongeBob to be the fry-cook again, and apologize. SpongeBob accepts, and the episode ends with SpongeBob cleaning the Krusty Krab, as he had done in the beginning, and the episode ends with a happy mood, just as it started. Overall, this is one of those SpongeBob episodes that are really over-hated, like "Atlantis SquarePantis" and "Truth or Square", and needs more attention (in a positive way). "SpongeBob You're Fired" is one of my favorite episodes of Season 9, and I believe it needs to be seen as a good episode for once instead of a bad one.
Overall Score: 9/10 (A-)

BenToons

Banished
Back when the special first aired a lot of people liked the it for some reason, look at the older comments, people gave praise to that special. But after ''you know what'' gave a review of it, it started to get a lot of hate, and you know what? It DESERVED IT.

The special is terrible and pathetic as well, I scratch my heads on why a majority of people even liked it when it first aired? I know it's an opinion but still.

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
Deceased Spongetron said:
Well I turned it off after two minutes the first, then I went back and watched the rest of it. And I was not pleased by it.

No it doesnt. This episode hits rock bottom, and continues to dig deeper.

Maybe you didnt know this, but the episode hits rock bottom and continues to dig deeper. Its like if Ed wrote this episode with Patrick and GIR.

Im glad you hate this episode. Im so sick of everyone treating this episode like its God.
oh

Back