189. SpongeBob, You're Fired!

OldFanNewSkeptic

Moby Dollar
I plan to watch this later, will post thoughts then. (missed the airing, lol).

Bu reading these comments, I don't like seeing that spongebob cries a lot in this episode, as I dislike those type of episodes! All that glitters for example...*shivers*.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Ok, so, I actually liked this episode :) It was fun to watch and really some heartwarming moments between the characters here. For me, I felt that the episode could've actually been done better because the first 11 minutes did indeed kind of feel like a bit of a filler with the crying and stuff. I thought that the second half was MUCH better seeing him work for those places. The ending was tiny bit rushed and maybe, they could've played some sad music on the worlds smallest violin while Mr. Krabs gives SpongeBob a speech on how he loves him as a son and such. Squidward saving SpongeBob was awesome but then again, that quote: 'You know I hate you, right?" is a little bit shifty to me. I'll try and take that quote and consider that he really doesn't hate him. (And I really do believe that Squidward didn't mean that. It was probably just in the moment and stuff) :) But overall, I liked this one here and there were good/funny moments. All the characters were great by the way.

Cha

I love SBM
Thought this episode was pretty emotional. I think it really captured the essence of how he would react. It even made me feel depressed a bit, especially the first eleven minutes. I kinda saw the restaurants ganging up on him coming, since Le Big Switch did the same thing before. Even though the ending felt rush, and somehow SpongeBob knew Squidward hates him (wtfishpaste?) it wasn't too bad. Kinda makes me sad Krabs didn't really have a speech or they didn't show the Krusty Krab side of the problem. Oh well. Oh and the BEST DAY EVER MUG AND I'M READY?! WEENIE HUT JUNIORS TOO?! Too many references. :pattongue:

Solid C

And am I the only one who thought Squidward's dress at the end looked like that picture SpongeGirl93 made once?

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
OldFanNewSkeptic said:
I plan to watch this later, will post thoughts then. (missed the airing, lol).

Bu reading these comments, I don't like seeing that spongebob cries a lot in this episode, as I dislike those type of episodes! All that glitters for example...*shivers*.
Same exact thing here we're like the same person so far
oh and also welcome back from a long hiatus :d

I know all of you were looking forward to this episode but to be honest, I wasn't looking forward to this episode because the idea of someone being fired has been already done in many shows and the reason why Mr. Krabs fired SpongeBob makes no sense. To save a nickel, Mr. Krabs fired SpongeBob. Seriously Mr. Krabs? You make tons of money and you want to save just a worthless nickel? It's another example that Mr. Krabs is still greedy and also Mr. Krabs saving a nickel reminds me of Penny Foolish episode because Mr. Krabs was trying to get the penny (It's actually $500 dollar bill) that SpongeBob found. I watched the Greek version of this episode and It as actually better than I expected. I thought this episode was okay at first until I watched the Engilsh version. It was actually a great special but It's still not amazing as season 4 and 8 specials (These specials are the best specials of SpongeBob). This episode has some problems though. Mr. Krabs was greedy again and some parts were boring. There were some gross-out humor in this episode too but the gross-out hmor didn't bother me much. Also SpongeBob crying in this episode was kinda annoying but It's still less annoying than SpongeBob crying in Funny Pants and All That Glitters. I wasn't really enjoying watching this episode until the second part when SpongeBob trying to get a job at diffirent restaurants. I really enjoyed the scenes with The bosses of their own restaurants fighting over SpongeBob and then Killer Patty (who is actually Squidward) rescuing SpongeBob and kicks the bosses' butts. I also enjoyed watching the begining of this episode I laughed at some parts in this episode like Old Man Jenkins parts, Squidward wanting to be fired too but Mr. Krabs not firing him, SpongeBob and Patrick stepping on Squidward's petunias, Patrick's second head, SpongeBob making Squidward a princess and the ending. There was a emotional scene between SpongeBob, Squidward and Mr. Krabs and I liked it. Also there were some references to old episodes like "Best Day Ever" mug, SpongeBob turning every food into patties in Le Big Switch and Mr. Krabs being terrible at cooking in Squilliam Returns. Also It's good to hear SpongeBob's "I'm ready" catchphrase and It was great to see Sandy in this episode (we barely saw her in season 9). It's not one of the best specials or one of the best season 9 episodes but It's still a great episode for me and It's worth watching again. I can't wait to see the next season 9 special, It Came from the Goo Lagoon (I actually saw the Greek version of this episode, now I have to see the English version). I gave this epsiode 8/10

EDIT: trash opinion, SB_DW_Fan

11th

Moby Dollar
The first time I saw this was an hour and a half after the premiere. I wasn't in the best mood and because of that I didn't really give it a chance, so I watched it again on Tuesday. And again at seven o'clock tonight. And again just now. Initially I would have said that I was kinda' disappointed, but for some reason it's really growing on me, even with some of the problems. Is it the best episode ever? No, but it's still very enjoyable. Unfortunately, I think a good number of people are having that knee jerk reaction that comes with almost all new episodes, let alone specials/double length episodes. Given time some those opinions might change... or maybe they won't. Who knows. Regardless, this could have ended up much worse than some people are making it out to be.

revolution

Daydreams
Just noticed some things.. I dunno if it was intentional hahaha.
2rra2xi.png

Second one... you decide.
oo28o.png

Found this episode OK, but they could have added more. I wish they added some more humor on unemployment though, instead of the typical stupidity.

OldFanNewSkeptic

Moby Dollar
at first it was kind of slow, with another spongebob making krabby patties in a unique way joke starting off the episode, which is getting tiresome imo...

Next Spongebob started crying when he got fired, for just a nickel, and I thought *oh man this is going to dissapoint*, The crying wasn't as bad as all that glitters, it was briefly after he got fired, and when he's talking to Patrick about what happened, which actually is to expected anyways. So that's good.

The episode then took a turn in the right direction.

I love how frustrated spongebob looked, it's such a polar opposite emotion he's feeling compared to his illogical optimism all the time. He genuinely looks pissed the *dolphin noise* off!!! And when they did that gross close up of his face and showed the warts on his nose, that mysterious green stuff between his eyes (what the *dolphin noise* was that anyways?), I loved it, thank goodness we still have gross humor in season 9.

There were a lot of jokes despite the somewhat serious tone of the episode.

My favorite jokes were when Patrick crashes in and out of Spongebob's house, Spongebob referring to all the bosses as Mr.Krabs (perhaps to show that he was losing his mind), the snide remark by spongebob to the pizza guy (Hope your pepperoni falls off!), and especially, that whole fighting scene over spongebob. now they want him as soon as they fire him! And being chained to the grill was a bit extreme, LOL! It's like when they kidnapped squid ward's mom to make cookies, that's instantly what I thought of. And then the garlic breadsticks being used as handcuffs, lol. Spongebob being so perplexed to the situation added a lot to the humor of that scene. The final scene of paying to use the restroom and Spongebob, Squidward, and Mr.Krabs just laughing at old man jenkins expense was funny too. It's cool they were able to include him in the episode.

Killer Krabby was cool, and GASP IT WAS *SPOILER ALERT* Squidward!!! Out of all the people who could have saved Spongebob, it was Squidward! It was very sweet of him, as he doesn't show that side to Spongebob that often. Only thing that could have made this climax better was if they went into detail on how much they need Spongebob and maybe provide an emotional flashback, but at least it was sweet.

So at first this episode was on the rate of being a 6, maybe a 3 if Spongebob kept crying...but it quickly turned into a Solid 8/10.

Those are my thoughts yo, I finally came around to seeing this new episode. Lived up to the hype idk, but it was good enough for me.

AngryKoopa2002

Angry Koopa 2002
The first quarter of the episode was really boring and how SpongeBob cried, I thought it would be like All That Glitters without the Evil Spatula story arc. But in the second quarter the episode started to pick up a little bit as it started to get better and funnier. The second half of the episode was hilarious too. The episode was downright good all around, and gets a 6.5/10. A good episode.

Sweat

Banished
You know, I have very mixed feelings about this episode. To be completely honest, the episode was better more near the middle. The beginning was childish and meanspirited with Mr. Krabs' nickel-saving AND SPONGEBOB'S CRYING! The middle was actually pretty good for me. I liked the scenes with the different restaurants and Patrick's second head thing was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in post-movie SpongeBob. The ending was really cheesy and predictable with Squidward bringing SpongeBob back and Mr. Krabs not being able to be a frycook. One thing I really wish I could've seen more of was SpongeBob's homemade Snail-Po. They only showed a minute of that and that sort of ticked me off because I really wish that would have slided into a new plot for the episode. Overall, I give this episode 7/10. It wasn't extremely good, but it's not an episode I hate.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
I can't really say I like this episode. It was extremely predictable and repetitive. First off, we get 3 minutes of SpongeBob messing around in the kitchen and cleaning stuff up. When Krabs stops SB, and explains that if he fires him... FOR A NICKEL. This is why I don't like Krabs anymore. They used some good puns and the Sponge bawls for 2 more minutes, flooding the KK. Finally SpongeBob gets all depressed, which I never like, SpongeBob doesn't deserve it. Patrick tells him the fun of being un-employed and the do dumb crap for a few minutes. That was the first half, made up of a lot of filler. Sandy and Pat encourage him to find a new job, which he goes over to the 4 restaurants conveniently next to each other. They go through all the stores really quickly and bland. Out of no where, all the restaurant dudes fight for him when the Krabby Patty guy shows up and beats them up for SB. Now this patty dude has tentacles, and there's only one squid character found in the episode... WOW DO I WONDER WHO IT IS! Squilliam, duh! So Squidward takes him back to the KK, and because Krabs can't cook, the KK is a mess. You've done this plot before, guys!
So finally, it was a bad episode, great visual gags but awful filler.

Best Part: Princess Squidward. Seriously, it was still better than everything else.
Worst Part: How predictable it was.You knew SpongeBob was gonna get his job back, and if you didn't... wow... like, dude...
Best Character: Squidward for the heroic move
Best Quote: SpongeBob, you know I hate you, but I hate the smell of burning Krabby Patties more.

Humor: 6.4/10
Visuals: 9.5/10
Use of Time: 5.0/10

I'll give it a 5.5/10.

Kumatora0203

Moby Dollar
I liked the episode. I guess now that I think about it, there weren't a whole lot of funny parts. I just found it to be a interesting plot. There were a few good puns here and there though like, "That wiener has me chained to the grill. And he really seems to be relishing it."
Sometimes I feel like people don't take episodes for what they are... everyone seems to always be looking for things to hate about new episodes. If it was season 3 people would probably call it a classic... who knows.
I don't think it was the greatest episode ever or anything.. but it was one of my recent favorites probably.
8.5/10

I'm the person who hates some old episodes as much as new eons but this is one of the worst if not the worst episode of spongebob ever giving one coarse meal a run for its money
This episode was derpessing not only making me sad but angry as well
The only reason I'm not declaring to the worst episode is it had some ok jokes
-infinity/10
This made season 9 overall a 9/10 to a 6.5/10 that's how much I hate it

Murvine Taylor

Proud Hater of GoAnimate Boris!
I thought this special was amazing. I agree that SpongeBob did cry an awful lot, but he had a reason to cry. His dream was crushed, which was heartbreaking if you ask me. However, there were some funny parts. I loved how Squidward saved SpongeBob and told him to come back.

My nit pick is Mr. Krabs. I wanted to punch him for firing SB to save a nickle. That cheapskate! However that did not lower my score because Mr. Krabs being cheap is no surprise and I am used to it.

Rating: 10/10 :)

Sbmania22t

Part Computer or Something
I gave this ep a 9.9/10 because I knew spongebob got rehired at the end.

Rihanna

Giant Clam
I FINALLY got to see this episode on Christmas Eve. It was a really great episode.

Back