188b. Yeti Krabs

Growlie

Best Boy
I got to see this episode not to long ago and I enjoyed it. Squidward's great in this episode to, the ending with him just saying no was funny and him standing up for SpongeBob reminds me of Pizza Delivery.

Best characters, SpongeBob and Squidward.

SpongeBob washing machine, priceless. Also who does laundry at a restaurant?

DigDugtrio

Floating Shopping List
8/10

Good episode. Not anything too amazing but I liked how Squidward stood up for SpongeBob at the end, and I liked the references to Gift of Gum, Can You Spare a Dime, and Greasy Buffoons.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I really like it! My favourite scenes are when the real Yeti Krabs goes to the KK and Squidward thinks it's a fake Mr.Krabs costume..Also, SpongeBob doing EVERYTHING assosiated with cleaning just because of the 'myth' Mr.Krabs told the crew was hilarious..the ending was funny too.. :P 8/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
The wait it took for this episode to air is the only memorable thing about it. It's the same old Hooky type of episode.

5.5/10

Pretty good episode. It's another episode like Hooky, only with Squidward instead of Patrick. And I think it works. It's a fun ride the whole way through, and I'd recommend checking it out.

Ranking so far:
1. License to Milkshake (A)
2. Evil Spatula (A)
3. It Came From Goo Lagoon (A)
4. Eek, an Urchin! (A)
5. Bumper to Bumper (B)
6. Plankton's Pet (B)
7. Jailbreak! (B)
8. Patrick-Man! (B)
9. Yeti Krabs (B)
10. Extreme Spots (B)
11. Safe Deposit Krabs (B)
12. Gary's New Toy (B)
13. Don't Look Now (C)
14. Squirrel Record (C)
15. Seance Shmeance (C)
16. Squid Defense (D)
17. Kenny the Cat (D)
18. Squid Baby (E)
19. Little Yellow Book (F)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Pretty boring episode. The pacing for the most part was really awkward and slow, and the story felt directionless. Also, the part with Mr. Krabs describing the Yeti Krab felt like such a rip-off of Squidward's story in Graveyard Shift it's unreal. Overall wasn't too thrilled with this one.

Bad episode (4/10)

1. Plankton's Pet (9)
2. It Came From Goo Lagoon (8)
3. Eek, an Urchin! (7)
4. Jailbreak (7)
5. License to Milkshake (6)
6. Extreme Spots (6)
7. Safe Deposit Krabs (6)
8. Squid Defense (6)
9. Gary's New Toy (6)
10. Bumper to Bumper (6)
11. Squirrel Record (5)
12. Séance Schméance (5)
13. Patrick-Man! (5)
14. Evil Spatula (5)
15. Kenny the Cat (5)
16. Yeti Krabs (4)
17. Don't Look Now (4)
18. Squid Baby (3)
19. Little Yellow Book (2)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Pretty boring episode. The pacing for the most part was really awkward and slow, and the story felt directionless. Also, the part with Mr. Krabs describing the Yeti Krab felt like such a rip-off of Squidward's story in Graveyard Shift it's unreal. Overall wasn't too thrilled with this one.

Bad episode (4/10)

1. Plankton's Pet (9)
2. It Came From Goo Lagoon (8)
3. Eek, an Urchin! (7)
4. Jailbreak (7)
5. License to Milkshake (6)
6. Extreme Spots (6)
7. Safe Deposit Krabs (6)
8. Squid Defense (6)
9. Gary's New Toy (6)
10. Bumper to Bumper (6)
11. Squirrel Record (5)
12. Séance Schméance (5)
13. Patrick-Man! (5)
14. Evil Spatula (5)
15. Kenny the Cat (5)
16. Yeti Krabs (4)
17. Don't Look Now (4)
18. Squid Baby (3)
19. Little Yellow Book (2)
Per @JoeyBoi

Rating: Bad Episode

Rankings:
Plankton's Pet (Perfect)
License to Milkshake (Perfect)
Patrick-Man! (Amazing)
Séance Schméance (Amazing)
Eek, An Urchin! (Awesome)
Safe Deposit Krabs (Awesome)
Squirrel Record (Great)
Kenny the Cat (Great)
Extreme Spots (Good)
Evil Spatula (Good)
Squid Baby (Okay)
Jailbreak! (Okay)
Squid Defense (Mediocre)
Bumper to Bumper (Meh)
Gary's New Toy (Bad)
It Came From Goo Lagoon (Bad)
Yeti Krabs (Bad)
Little Yellow Book (Inferior)
Don't Look Now (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Yeah, “Yeti Krabs” is a pretty forgettable episode. I do remember it premiering though. Right up against the second movie! Which I’ll be reviewing…very soon. My oh my. Anyway, yeah, before rewatching this episode, literally all I could remember is that it, in fact, had a Yeti Krab. That’s it.

The first scene of this episode is a wonderful example of Squidward and Mr. Krabs. It might not be them at their best, but I still enjoyed it. Especially Mr. Krabs calling Squidward by his last name, I feel like no one does that kind of thing in this show, and it fits here almost as well as “Mr. Squidward”. Also I can’t believe Mambo Fantastico returned in this scene. How nostalgic! And I love that this episode shows SpongeBob as his hard-working, overexploited self. Though this scene also leads into my first issue with this episode, and that’s that this whole plot of the first bit is a lot more interesting than what we get later, and the actual Yeti Krab is not at all necessary to the episode. It’s a bit of bizarreness that fits more in an episode of Regular Show than it does here. I don’t think Mr. Krabs making up a story about a Yeti Krab a la “Graveyard Shift” really fits for this episode, and I think it does the episode a disservice.

Once the Yeti Krab appears, things get kinda dull, unfortunately. Which isn’t surprising to me, because these kinds of plots typically are. Squidward’s unflappability is at least somewhat entertaining, and I love how the Yeti Krab is like “wtf are you doing” when SpongeBob is trying to fix up the restaurant. And eventually, I love when Squidward has enough, and decides to stand up for SpongeBob. It’s pretty wholesome. And then Squidward realizes the Yeti Krab is real, which is pretty funny. SpongeBob manages to save the day though, as he should.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score:
7.6/10

Back