188b. Yeti Krabs

ataeaf

Outdated meme I know
Old Man Leeroy Jenkins said:
Oh and I forgot to mention in my original post that I liked the part where two time cards played back to back.

Just then...

By sheer coincidence...

2,000 POSTS
I liked it because of the return of the French Narrator, though he sounded different.

Maybe this episode took so long that the old narrator got tired of waiting, so they had to hire a new one.

PleaseDontTouchMyFries

Imitation Krab
I actually don't feel too strongly about this episode. It kinda reminds me of "Graveyard Shift" with the whole plot about a lie being told and being somewhat true. Unlike "Graveyard Shift" it didn't really have that action, suspense, or comedy that made the episode really shine. It's like a C+ student trying to quickly copy the style of an A student's homework, but missing the point on why the A student got an A.

I didn't find it to be super amazing because I felt that it needed more jokes and action, but it's not as terrible as "Little Yellow Book" and "Squid Baby". I did like the animation, however. I still miss the hand-drawn style in the pre-seasons, but I love the clean look of this almost as much. I'm not an expert about the "flow" of animation, though. I'm pretty picky about my episodes, to be honest. :P It's a 78/100.

Noah Spongy

FIRETRUCK CLOWNS
Pretty good episode IMO. It seemed to use a couple of words that I've never even heard in SpongeBob or even TV in general ("Ergo"). It had great dialogue and SpongeBob as a washing machine was pretty funny. There were also some really good jokes in there, like "Cleaning the soap", etc. Overall, it was a 9.5/10.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
This episode wasn't really worth the long 1 and a half year wait after its initial Greek premiere. My major problem with the episode is that it's so boring and seems to be filled with Family Guy-esque filler. I don't want newer SpongeBob to be compared with later FG episode since the latter use filler way more often and SpongeBob should only use filler sparingly. I didn't laughed too much often here. Squidward is at his usual "I don't care" post movie personality, but it made up when he decides to dress up as Yeti Krabs. I laughed out loud at that scene and it's the funniest moment from an otherwise borefest. The cleaning montage were funny but it was getting boring after awhile. The Yeti Krabs is the only thing from keeping my score a negative one. The premise is decent but it's not really original as Krabs already told SpongeBob a few myths before. In general, this episode was just boring. 5/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: Yeti Krabs

This episode was very decent. The plot was nice. The references to older episodes were fun. There were some funny jokes. 6.5/10

Murvine Taylor

Proud Hater of GoAnimate Boris!
I thought this was a perfect episode. All of the characters who were in the episode were likeable and the plot was good. There were no fillers or disturbing scenes. I loved how SpongeBob was constantly working and Squidward was being lazy.

Rating: 10/10 :D

AnimationCreated

*Trumpets Intensify*
So I finally watched this episode. I got to say, this is not the best way to end the second era of SpongeBob. It's not a bad episode, but it's just not funny enough. There really is no conflict considering SpongeBob doesn't understand what the yeti krab wants, so we're just stuck with an episode where SpongeBob does a bunch of things at work that he really doesn't need to do. One good thing is that Squidward gets annoyed, but he deserves it this time! That's a plus! Some of the gags a funny and some aren't. Personally, I think this episode had potential, but it didn't use it. Not a bad episode by any means, but not a good episode either.

5/10

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
So I finally watched this episode. I got to say, this is not the best way to end the second era of SpongeBob. It's not a bad episode, but it's just not funny enough. There really is no conflict considering SpongeBob doesn't understand what the yeti krab wants, so we're just stuck with an episode where SpongeBob does a bunch of things at work that he really doesn't need to do. One good thing is that Squidward gets annoyed, but he deserves it this time! That's a plus! Some of the gags a funny and some aren't. Personally, I think this episode had potential, but it didn't use it. Not a bad episode by any means, but not a good episode either.

5/10

That's pretty much how I feel about the episode. It's not bad, but it's not really that good either. And it's not a good way to end off post 1st movie episodes.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
AnimationCreated said:

5/10
Why do you think this is closing the post-movie era? By production, it's SpongeBob You're Fired that comes last.

Bl4zeTMG said:
That's pretty much how I feel about the episode. It's not bad, but it's not really that good either. And it's not a good way to end off post 1st movie episodes.
Well, technically, it's the production order that counts, not the AIRING order...

AnimationCreated

*Trumpets Intensify*
Why do you think this is closing the post-movie era? By production, it's SpongeBob You're Fired that comes last.
Well, technically, it's the production order that counts, not the AIRING order...
Well, if I did it by production, then that be an even worse way to end the second era. SpongeBob, You're Fired is a terrible episode.

sansaranaga

Imitation Krab
Squidward and his downright refusal to work at all was pretty annoying, but I did like him attempting to stand up for Spongebob. A few good visual gags, and Spongebob getting every task done as quickly as possible is pretty typical of him, and was kind of funny to watch.

I thought the 'washing machine Spongebob' was kind of clever.

6/10. Not too much stands out, but there's just enough decent stuff in there to prevent it from being bad. The worst part is definitely Squidward's refusal to do any of his responsibilities.

Back