188a. Kenny the Cat

SpongyMaterial

Moby Dollar
I finally caught this episode earlier this year, and I loved it! I heard many people saying they hate this episode, but I don't know what's wrong with it. 9 out of 10!

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
I love this episode, might not be the best one but i like it, we all have been there with our obssesions and later find out the cruel truth. Like With me and Sora.

Also i might be biased due there's a cat character and there's a "heartbreaking surpise" poor Spongebob. 8/10.

Very weird episode. I didn't like it. There weren't too many jokes, the plot is really dumb, and the whole episode just felt like "is this SpongeBob I'm watching?"

Ranking so far:
1. License to Milkshake (A)
2. Evil Spatula (A)
3. It Came From Goo Lagoon (A)
4. Eek, an Urchin! (A)
5. Bumper to Bumper (B)
6. Plankton's Pet (B)
7. Jailbreak! (B)
8. Patrick-Man! (B)
9. Extreme Spots (B)
10. Safe Deposit Krabs (B)
11. Gary's New Toy (B)
12. Don't Look Now (C)
13. Squirrel Record (C)
14. Seance Shmeance (C)
15. Squid Defense (D)
16. Kenny the Cat (D)
17. Squid Baby (E)
18. Little Yellow Book (F)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
One thing I immediately noticed about this episode is that the animation is much more lively, and I really like it. Other than that, though, this episode is just really strange. I really just don't know what to say about it, and it doesn't really even feel like a Spongebob episode to me to be honest. It's just so... weird.

Meh episode (5/10)

1. Plankton's Pet (9)
2. It Came From Goo Lagoon (8)
3. Eek, an Urchin! (7)
4. Jailbreak (7)
5. License to Milkshake (6)
6. Extreme Spots (6)
7. Safe Deposit Krabs (6)
8. Squid Defense (6)
9. Gary's New Toy (6)
10. Bumper to Bumper (6)
11. Squirrel Record (5)
12. Séance Schméance (5)
13. Patrick-Man! (5)
14. Evil Spatula (5)
15. Kenny the Cat (5)
16. Don't Look Now (4)
17. Squid Baby (3)
18. Little Yellow Book (2)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I just like this episode idk why

Rating: Great Episode
Rankings:
Plankton's Pet (Perfect)
License to Milkshake (Perfect)
Patrick-Man! (Amazing)
Séance Schméance (Amazing)
Eek, An Urchin! (Awesome)
Safe Deposit Krabs (Awesome)
Squirrel Record (Great)
Kenny the Cat (Great)
Extreme Spots (Good)
Evil Spatula (Good)
Squid Baby (Okay)
Jailbreak! (Okay)
Squid Defense (Mediocre)
Bumper to Bumper (Meh)
Gary's New Toy (Bad)
It Came From Goo Lagoon (Bad)
Little Yellow Book (Inferior)
Don't Look Now (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
“Kenny The Cat” is…bizarre. Maybe not “Cuddle E. Hugs”-level bizarre, but it’s definitely an odd episode. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Again, I love when SpongeBob SquarePants gets weird (”Squid’s Visit”, “Planet of the Jellyfish”, “SpongeHenge”, “Squidward in Clarinetland”, etc.).

I guess my first problem with this episode is that, even though I like bizarre, I don’t really care for this plot. Not only do I not care for the existence of an underwater cat, because literally we already have Sandy we don’t need more air-breathing mammals underwater, but also I don’t care for plots where it’s one character desperately trying to keep a lie alive. Like…the conclusion is foregone, I don’t really care. At least there are other elements to this episode than just these two things that keep my interest. Though I guess another thing I should say “bad” about the episode, while I’m here, is that I don’t like Kenny’s design. Like…no thank you. I do like his voice though! Biz Markie was a great choice.

This episode only strengthens my claim of SpongeBob as ADHD. I mean come on…”latest media obsession”? He’s basically hyperfixating. lol in all seriousness though, I really like how this episode has SpongeBob just be a weird little dude, especially as the minutes go on. I enjoy episodes where SpongeBob has idols like this, just like “I’m Your Biggest Fanatic”. And this episode makes it especially funny because of the scene in Sandy’s treedome, where SpongeBob dries up real quick.

Sandy is great in this episode, I love her little rant against cats. So true of you Sandy. And no, I don’t dislike cats, but I just think this is funny. Especially because as always, she ends up being right anyway. Patrick randomly appearing in this episode is not something I expected, but maybe I should just learn to do that by now. I’m not surprised he’s also a Kenny fan. But I was pleasantly surprised that he wasn’t the one egging SpongeBob on to do weird stuff. Nah, that’s just SpongeBob. Mr. Krabs is also pretty funny for the little bit that he’s here, but he’s basically always funny so, no surprise there.

The big problem with “Kenny The Cat” is that it’s just kinda boring. There’s funny moments here and there, but the plot itself is not very engaging to me. For example, when SpongeBob meets Kenny, he does so very easily, there’s no conflict there or anything to keep me interested. Additionally, he gets Kenny to come to the Krusty Krab very easily, so again there’s no conflict to keep me interested. At least the episode takes a turn that I didn’t expect, which is SpongeBob finding out Kenny’s secret very quickly. His dramatic heartbreaking is pretty funny to me. Reminds me of “Krabby Land”.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score:
7/10

Back