186a. Safe Deposit Krabs

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink
It was pretty average. Krabs was his usual, kind of annoying money-hungry self, but SpongeBob and Patrick were okay. I don't really have that much to say about it. It could have been better, but it wasn't all bad. 6.3/10

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
BubbleBud said:
My opinion, Patrick just isn't a good character anymore. Hasn't really been one for a while, for me. He's not the same lazy-headed star, I feel.

I say show less of Patrick & Plankton and more of likable characters like Sandy. What would be nice if they reduced the Krusty Krab and the torture Squidward stories, and do more plots around other characters in different situations (like this episode), with SpongeBob as an supporting character. Would be great for proper character development.
The show needs more Sandy. She's my third or fourth favorite character. Also, Squidward should be in more episodes. I also like that they reduced the Krusty Krab (its annoying) and Squidward Abuse episodes(I hate these ones, like Little Yellow Book or Culture Shock).

BubbleBud

Giant Clam
DadMom AngryPants said:
I did notice that SpongeBob's voice was different. I wonder if that was a conscious effort or just that Tom Kenny had a cold or something.
I like that voice that was used in this episode... and that's shocking. I've always hated his voice from the movie on. But I really do like this new voice... it sounds like it's shifting back to the original voice. Like it's a mix of both eras, with the edge slightly going over to Season 3 SB. I hope they keep this voice. I actually enjoy SpongeBob in this one... if they work on the foundation from this episode, I'll start watching more episodes and might even become a fan again.

EDIT: Watching this episode again... it even reminds me of a pre-movie episode! Without the Mr. Krabs scenes (Those scenes still feel like Season 7-Onward), it reminds me of Hall Monitor? Like the SpongeBob and Patrick scenes. I don't know why? But this episode keeps growing on me... might have to give it a 7.

AlexaStar

Floating Shopping List
Ugh, I thought this episode was horrible! Stupid, not funny, Mr. Krabs was a regular money grubber...........blech.

Please for the love of all that is holy and sacred, let this be the final season....

BubbleBud

Giant Clam
AlexaStar said:
Ugh, I thought this episode was horrible! Stupid, not funny, Mr. Krabs was a regular money grubber...........blech.

Please for the love of all that is holy and sacred, let this be the final season....
I thought Krabs was pretty bad too, but with the exception of him... I quite like it. Patrick is still a bad character but I really like how SpongeBob turned out in this. This is the best he has been since Season 4, in my opinion.

When Mr. Krabs put SpongeBob in charge, I thought SB was going to be all like... ''ME?! IN CHARGE?! WEEEEEEEEEE!'', like he would in Season 6, but he acted sane! He didn't do any stupid expression or anything like that. The only thing I cringed at is when he yelled Mr. Krabs before Squidward interrupted him. He even acted sane to Squidward, and he rarely does that anymore... I was so glad it wasn't the, ''I like Squidward...'' junk.

I don't like how they did Pearl though, I can't stand her anymore and this is a prime example of why.

But SB didn't act brainless and do stupid things with Patrick, he acted very sane and serious toward Patrick. Like when Patrick started running out of the bank, SpongeBob remained calm and mature. And the ending of this episode really felt like pre-movie for some reason.

SB voice was just spot on. It sounded similar to Season 3 with the post-movie accent. SB still has the post-movie accent, but it's now presented in a lower tone... and it works very well! I hope they keep that.

That's my like points from this episode. This has more like points than any other episode since Season 5. I still give it a 7, still the bad still shows (Pearl, Mr. Krabs, Patrick, etc).

I also like how Squidward was, I was really impressed with him in this episode.

AlexaStar

Floating Shopping List
I thought Krabs was pretty bad too, but with the exception of him... I quite like it. Patrick is still a bad character but I really like how SpongeBob turned out in this. This is the best he has been since Season 4, in my opinion.

When Mr. Krabs put SpongeBob in charge, I thought SB was going to be all like... ''ME?! IN CHARGE?! WEEEEEEEEEE!'', like he would in Season 6, but he acted sane! He didn't do any stupid expression or anything like that. The only thing I cringed at is when he yelled Mr. Krabs before Squidward interrupted him. He even acted sane to Squidward, and he rarely does that anymore... I was so glad it wasn't the, ''I like Squidward...'' junk.

I don't like how they did Pearl though, I can't stand her anymore and this is a prime example of why.

But SB didn't act brainless and do stupid things with Patrick, he acted very sane and serious toward Patrick. Like when Patrick started running out of the bank, SpongeBob remained calm and mature. And the ending of this episode really felt like pre-movie for some reason.

SB voice was just spot on. It sounded similar to Season 3 with the post-movie accent. SB still has the post-movie accent, but it's now presented in a lower tone... and it works very well! I hope they keep that.

That's my like points from this episode. This has more like points than any other episode since Season 5. I still give it a 7, still the bad still shows (Pearl, Mr. Krabs, Patrick, etc).

I also like how Squidward was, I was really impressed with him in this episode.

I see what you're saying and I kind of agree with what you said about SpongeBob's character. I just thought the plot of the episode was extremely stupid.

TropicalNards112233

Krabby Patty Burglar
I gotta say, this episode was the best Patrick has been in a long time (IMO). Aside from a couple of times when he had a cheek and a single tooth, he was acting like his normal old self!

BubbleBud

Giant Clam
AlexaStar said:
I see what you're saying and I kind of agree with what you said about SpongeBob's character. I just thought the plot of the episode was extremely stupid.
Oh yeah, no doubt it was stupid.

Squidward Tortellini

Imitation Krab
The plot was okay,but Mr. Krabs was still cheap,which I have gotten used to after Season 6.Other then that,scenes like the break in scenes and Mr. Krabs' hallucinations were great.

Overall:8/10

Regular Spongebob

Imitation Krab
If anyone hasn't see the episode, here you go!

[y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGQ65W4No-4[/y]

[titlecard='500x500']186a[/titlecard]

[titlecard='500x500']186a[/titlecard]

Scattered

Baby Clam
This one was alright, it's a break from episodes like Squid Baby, and following the trend of decent S9 episodes.

Web Surfer

Banished
I don't get what everyone likes about this episode. It was boring, empty, and god forbid...RUSHED. Almost put me to sleep. 3/10

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
I think that I liked it more than all of you guys. I found this to be a great episode for Mr. Krabs but again-----A little to obsessed with money :xP:

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
I wanted to post my review for this episode the day it aired, but I was too caught up in the forums.

Anyway, this episode was average. I'm glad SpongeBob and Patrick weren't complete idiots. Mr. Krabs was just the same greedy crab we've come to know him as in this episode, but it wasn't overplayed and it actually worked here. Of course, it did get a little bit weird later on, but this was a funny episode. 7/10

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
SpongeBob's voice hasn't changed. And if you still think it's changed, watch "Plankton's Pet". SpongeBob's voice is changed again.

Back