185. It Came From Goo Lagoon

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Initial thoughts. I'm feeling between a 6 and 6.5 for this one. Took a few points off for the ending (I can already see people get angry because SpongeBob said the answer for everything is bubbles) but the majority of it was watchable and passable. It needed much more comedy for it to be a great episode IMO. I think this might be one I'll watch again and update my assessment of it.

The Lazy Starfish

Frozen Cephalopod
Honestly the special was.......alright. I really loved the Plankton Scenes at the beggining. However the second half was kind of dull. The action scenes were OK. SpongeBob & Patrick acted kind of like idiots. Anyways I'll give it a 6.3 to 6.8/10

hfjs

Overall Thoughts:
I only saw the second half, to me, it was just okay. I thought it was your basic Spongebob season 9 episode. You have Spongebob using his playful antics to make a good amount of random humor, you have Patrick being a derpy idiotic weirdo, you have Sandy being a female equivalent to Albert Einstein (you know what I mean), you have a tiny little bit of Squid Abuse (in this case, booooo), you have everything that makes Spongebob Season 9 Spongebob Season 9 to me.

Main Pros:
If this was a parody of old horror movies, I approve.
I thought Plankton's plan was a little creative. At first, I thought, "What about taking the Krabby Patty formula? Why did he suddenly want world domination a while back?". Then we came to the end, and went, "Oh, I didn't expect that." The very end made me think...."KRABS I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL"

Main Cons:
It could have been funnier.
It did not need to be half an hour long. It would great as 11 minutes.

Stray, random thoughts:
Toward the end, I heard Patrick tell Spongebob, "Bubbles are your answer for everything.". I like that line because I can actually think of a few times where bubbles WERE SB's answer (Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost, etc.). That may not be the best example, though.

Overall, I'd give about a 5.5/10

Spongyguy

Imitation Krab
I liked the jokes on this special and when Plankton mentions the Krabby Patty formula, I sighed. So this special gets a 5 out of 10.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Well, I decided to watch this, and I really wasn't disappointed at all. I enjoyed the setting, the characters, and the plot. The problem is when Krabs got in and his usual money stuff and Plankton's secret formula talk kinda ruined the ending. But I still loved it.

9/10

Milkmaidman said:
you have a tiny little bit of Squid Abuse (in this case, booooo),
I'm not going to count that as Squidward Abuse, but if it is, I really didn't mind it at all.

hfjs

President Squidward said:
Well, I decided to watch this, and I really wasn't disappointed at all. I enjoyed the setting, the characters, and the plot. The problem is when Krabs got in and his usual money stuff and Plankton's secret formula talk kinda ruined the ending. But I still loved it.

9/10

I'm not going to count that as Squidward Abuse, but if it is, I really didn't mind it at all.
Okay, that was a bit harsh on my part :P

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
This special was great. I loved that the episode mostly took place at Goo Lagoon. And, I'm glad Sandy was in this episode, and the episode flowed very smoothly. No rushed parts were anywhere to be found. And, there were tons of funny moments such as Patrick talking to "SpongeBlob", the citizens "kissing there town good-bye", and I laughed hard when Sandy said "Plankton! I knew it was you!" and Plankton responded "Yep. It's me." It was all outstanding. But, here are my flaws. It turned out to be another "Plankton steals the formula" episode, Sandy was a science geek... again, and the episode HAD to involve the Krusty Krab at the end. Other than those few flaws, this episode didn't disappoint me, and was truly worth the wait. I have higher expections from the wonderful season 9. ;) 8/10

SpongeBobsNumber1Fan

Imitation Krab
I LOVED this episode!!!! :D I'll post my full review later. I thought this was an awesome, funny, clever, and original special with a lot of laughs and memorable moments. This is probably my favorite episode of Season 9 so far. It was well worth the long wait. Keep an eye out for my full review, coming soon! :)

Patrick-Man!

Floating Shopping List
I'll write my full review later but one thing is clear: this episode was AMAZING

The Lazy Starfish

Frozen Cephalopod
After watching it again 2 times my opinion has changed:it's a pretty good episode :) Also after watching it again the actions scenes were great not just OK. Sure the first half was not so good(other than the Plankton scenes) & the episode had it's stupid & dull moments but still. My new score for the special: 9/10
P.S I actually liked the ending :|

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
I thought the 1st 11 minutes were kind of bland and filler, but the 2nd half was awesome. I had no problem with the ending.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
After watching the rerun after napping during the actual premiere, I finally got to see this episode, and in all honesty, I really enjoyed it.

My favorite aspect is that this entire episode was actually thought out of the box. Plankton trying to use the goo bubbles to steal the formula isn't expected.

I'm glad Sandy was in the episode. Also, Science Sandy didn't bother me. She was really only scientific in the first half, then she played a hero in the rest of the episode, which is another side of Sandy I like.

SpongeBob and Patrick weren't completely stupid and oblivious. It reminded me of their season 4-5 performances, where they were more fun-loving than stupid.

I don't get why people complain about the Krusty Krab being in the episode. The episode didn't completely take place in there, so I wasn't bothered.

Plankton trying to steal the formula, although I'm tired of it, was acceptable here, because the plot was thought out of the box.

My only problem was that it took a while for the action to get going, but I wasn't too bothered. It wasn't as boring or filled with filler as SpongeBob, You're Fired.

I give this a solid 8.9/10. Amazing episode that people will most likely overlook because they are so busy finding something to HATE in an episode nowadays.

Imma be completely honest here. When SpongeBob calmed Sandy down after her sub was destroyed the Spandy fan in me freaked out.

Patrick-Man!

Floating Shopping List
ok heres my review and wow. this was a great episode

I will start off by saying its waaay better then spongebob you're fired (but that special was still awesome and i hope im not the only one who likes that episode) anyway
i will agree there are only 2 parts i saw a little slow. the beginning with spongebob and patrick running to the water and back and the chase scene between the sub and planktons little ::dolphin noise::, it could of been a little more interesting but im just nitpicking.
Other then that I have no real complaints. yes it had the krusty krab and had a formula stealing plot. so what? I mean yes you could guess it the whole time but it wasn't mentioned or talked about until the last few minutes and that's not bad. The action scenes were great. saw a little spandy :thumbsup: but shh.
and the jokes were great. I loved how its kinda based off of old horror movies (i love those) and it gives each character in character.
Spongebob was silly but lovable and determined
Sandy was super smart and super bad ::dolphin noise::
Patrick was dumb but hilarious
Plankton was sarcastic and evil
Squidward was sarcastic and annoyed XD
Mr Krabs wasn't greedy evil krabs. but knew that keeping the formula and his franchise safe was more important (Which i see as not bad)

i give it a 9.5/10

this just gets me more excited for the 200th episode!!!!!

SpongeBox

Floating Shopping List
One of my favorite Season 9 episodes yet. Plankton being involved to obtain the Krabby Patty secret formula was a surprise to me and as always, I knew Mr. Krabs wouldn't have given him the actual formula. The ending of the episode reminded me of the ending of "Fungus Amungus".

Cha

I love SBM
derp

Wow, this was better than SB You're Fired. It was more like a long episode than a special, but still it was fun to follow. Before watching I thought it would be just another "supernatural" things meet the cast like in the Legends series and etc. I think it didn't have to have a big plot or anything, it was more on the adventure side. And we've been seeing A LOT of fate-of-Bikini-Bottom adventures with this trio before. (Whelk Attack, that new 4D SB ride, Flea in Her Dome, etc)

References/Continuity, I LOVE this kind of stuff : SB/Pat can't swim, what a continuity to SpongeGuard on Duty and many more.

Squidward's Cucumber bike

Sandy's Submarine that's been appearing a lot in late post movie. (Hide and Seek and Then What Happens, Bubble Troubles and etc.)

More Plankton/Squidward talk (even if it was only for like a minute) We've been getting that a lot lately from recents like Sour and Sweet Squid and Chum Fricassee huh?

(I'm probably missing a bunch.)

Positives:

The jokes. I actually found myself chuckling to some of them and it didn't really feel forced. Did anyone realize that Patrick displayed little to no overly dumb humor in it? That made me happy.

Plankton not only Krabs for the formula, but threatened to destroy the town as well. (SPOILER: he actually did does destroy it even when he gets the formula) That's a small step in a new direction.

But.. if you say that the Plankton schemes plot is just overdone and they didn't need it, I'd totally except that opinion too.

Oh snap, we got to see the sea floor of Goo Lagoon which we haven't before. (Maybe in Slide Whistle Stooges, correct me if I'm wrong.) I'd love to see a story down there one day.

Negatives: Again, it suffers from just being an extended episode like I've heard someone say before. If you're not into quest episodes, this is probably not your thing.

SpongeBob should have came to his senses and the citizens too for that matter. They didn't listen to who say said was "the smartest creature there" Sandy. Well, the fish kind have ignored her before, so it's nothing really new. At least SpongeBob could say "Patrick this is probably not a good idea" and then Patrick persuading him to keep playing with the goo. I dunno, that's just my thoughts on that.

Ehh anything that upset me isn't new. I thought it was decent and entertaining.

7/10

I only watched this once, so it's possible for me to change my thoughts.

Award said:
A 7/10 because it was a little off in the end and Plankton never pushed his blue button. Oh and Sandy, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B19HEUmnqDk
seriously HOW COULD GOO DESTROY THE TOWN? IN THE END IT DIDN'T SANDY!
Well to be fair they did say the goo was toxic or something.

Back