184b. Evil Spatula

This was FAR better than "All That Glitters". Actually rather amusing. It's too bad some of the funny gags were unbelievably overplayed in the commercials. But fairly amusing. All characters were in character, it wasn't gross, it wasn't mean-spirited, just a creative way into Plankton getting the formula without him actually breaking into the Krusty Krab.

8.5|10 Overall

TropicalNards112233

Krabby Patty Burglar
I thought it was pretty good. I think it sorta started to go downhill in the last few minutes, but it was still good overall. I'm glad it wasn't that close to All That Glitters, and there were a lot of funny parts. I liked where he uses the heart defibrillator, when Mr. Krabs tells him it's creepy to cry over the spatula, and "Hey, it's this way kid" *legs turn around* (also that whole scene where Spongebob walked reminded me of the walk-cycle). I actually don't mind Plankton episodes, so even though I know this episode probably won't be lked by the majority, I still give it an 8/10.

Also, Blake Lemons and Andrew Goodman (who I haven't seen before) were writers.

This was actually good, especially since I thought it would be another recycled "All That Glitters." Great performance by Plankton, putting his effort into his 'phases', and to gt out of the litter box. Poor Plankypoo! He doesn't even want his W.I.F.E. :plankx: But in the end, it came down to the explosives. Obviously, you were expecting that. However, I enjoyed it because it reminded me of "Plankton's Army," Plus, it made sure the beginning wasn't a filler. Although it wasn't the funniest, great episode. :D

8.8/10

TropicalNards112233 said:
I thought it was pretty good. I think it sorta started to go downhill in the last few minutes, but it was still good overall. I'm glad it wasn't that close to All That Glitters, and there were a lot of funny parts. I liked where he uses the heart defibrillator, when Mr. Krabs tells him it's creepy to cry over the spatula, and "Hey, it's this way kid" *legs turn around* (also that whole scene where Spongebob walked reminded me of the walk-cycle). I actually don't mind Plankton episodes, so even though I know this episode probably won't be lked by the majority, I still give it an 8/10.

Also, Blake Lemons and Andrew Goodman (who I haven't seen before) were writers.
Blake Lemons wrote "Squid Defense". Andrew Goodman wrote "Barnacle Face" and "The Way of the Sponge".

TropicalNards112233

Krabby Patty Burglar
OneHungryHippo said:
Blake Lemons wrote "Squid Defense". Andrew Goodman wrote "Barnacle Face" and "The Way of the Sponge".
I knew lemons wrote squid defense, i just hadn't seen goodman's name before.

SpongeShine

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This was a very clever episode. It was much better than last weekend's episode. Also, it was a strange callback to "All That Glitters" when SpongeBob's spatula broke. I don't know what else to say. It episode was perfect! 9/10

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
- Awesome title card.
- Blake Lemons' second episode, and it was better than the first (Squid Defense). Can't remember who the other writers were but two were regulars and the third was Andrew somebody.
- I wasn't too keen on the whole talking spatula concept but at least they seemed kind of self-aware about the ridiculousness of it, with SpongeBob constantly referring to it as the "magical talking spatula from Plankton".
- Spatula doing SpongeBob's morning routine for him was funny.
- It bothered me that SpongeBob was OK with the spatula cutting his workload, since he's supposed to love flipping patties and normally he'd be upset if he had to do less work.

Like with Little Yellow Book, my stream kept cutting out so I missed a few parts but overall it seemed to be OK. I will probably have more to say once I manage to see it properly.

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam
This episode was great. The humor was on, the plot was great and Mr. Krabs wasn't a big jerk. Plankton was even good. Props for titlecard/music, too. It was better than Little Yellow Book and Squid Defense, too. They said there would be a lot of explosions, but I think there weren't too many. Still, they were funny. The only thing that bothered me was SpongeBob's face at the beginning was too detailed. It was still great, though. 8.7/10

SpongeShine

Bomb-Selling Pirate
TheBandGeek said:
This episode was great. The humor was on, the plot was great and Mr. Krabs wasn't a big jerk. Plankton was even good. Props for titlecard/music, too. It was better than Little Yellow Book and Squid Defense, too. They said there would be a lot of explosions, but I think there weren't too many. Still, they were funny. The only thing that bothered me was SpongeBob's face at the beginning was too detailed. It was still great, though. 8.7/10
A lot of Season 8 to onward episodes are overly detailed. No, I'm not referring to the disturbing close-ups from season 6.

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Not bad, not bad at all.

Da Good
-Creative plot.
-The scene where SpongeBob tries to revive his spatula made me smile.
-"TO THE CHUM BUCKET!"
*SpongeBob starts walking*
"It's this way, kid."
*SpongeBob's Pants turn around and start walking the other way*
-Even though the spatula just was Mr. Lawrence's voice altered, it was still pretty interesting.
- I liked how Plankton's plot was actually pretty smart instead of his usual stupid plots.
-The opening scene where they explode was awesome.
-The scene where the Spatula does SpongeBob's morning routine for him was hilarious.
-How they found out it was a trick was clever, too.
"I didn't know this stuff was even legal to use in food!"
Mr. Krabs: It's not. Plankton.

-And I liked the ending. "Oh, hardee har-har."

Da Bad
-....Nothing, actually. The only thing this episode suffered from was not being funnier.

I'd give it a solid B. I get the feeling that this episode is going to be the norm for Season 9. If so, I'd be okay with that.

Squiddykins

take back the falls
Another good episode! I liked how Plankton tried something different this time rather than breaking into the Krusty Krab and stealing the formula himself. Very clever. Instead, he used SpongeBob to almost get the formula for him, and I was surprised that he didn't suspect a thing that Plankton was behind this, especially when he said "secret formula" or something even though he knew that he got the spatula from him. Also, there wasn't enough Squidward. lol jk. :P

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Spatula ethics discussion: When Spat snapped they called an ambulance, hooked him up to life support and he was able to make a full recovery. All this spatula got was a few seconds of CPR and a zap with a defibrillator. Why was it denied access to appropriate medical treatment? Unless it was Spat and he was old so they decided that it was his time to go.

Squidward Tortellini

Imitation Krab
When I first saw the commercials I was like,"Oh look,it's basically All That Glitters."But it was FAR from it.I enjoyed it.Plankton's plan was actually very smart,but Mr. Krabs's fake recipe was even more cunning.

Overall:9/10

TheAngryWumbologyNerd

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
9.3 outta ten

Brilliant episode

1- EEK an Urchin
2- Evil Spatula
3- Plankton's Pet
4- Patrick Man
5- Little Yellow Book
6- Garys New Toy
7- License to Milkshake