184b. Evil Spatula

ScumBob

sicko m0de
I hope the customers like to taste ::dolphin noise::.

Michael Bay directed some of this episode.

Squiddykins said:
There wasn't enough Squidward. lol jk. :P
squidward-toenail-o.gif

You're just BEGGING for this to happen.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: Evil Spatula

This episode was pretty good. It's much better than the mean spirited episode "All That Glitters." I liked the plot. There were some funny jokes. 7.5/10

PinkPearl

insert title here
So today, I made my third foray into the world of season 9.

In the first few minutes, I noticed the spatula plot and was worried that it would be another All That Glitters. It wasn't too much like it, although I felt the plot still borrowed heavily. For that matter, there isn't a lot going on here that we haven't seen before...the advanced talking spatula, Plankton trying to control Spongebob, Spongebob being seriously naive especially when Plankton says things he shouldn't...The biggest problem with this episode is that it wasn't terribly original and thus could be dull to watch at points. It borrowed from quite a few episodes. However, it was MUCH better than All That Glitters (although, really, what isn't? A Pal for Gary? But I haven't seen that one...)

On the plus side again. Plankton had some good lines, as did Spongebob and Mr. Krabs. And the ending was a clever idea with Mr. Krabs bringing his own mistake on Plankton. I'm surprised it hasn't been done much yet, minus with Stanley S. SquarePants. And it had its moments. So it gets a 5/10 instead of the 3/10 I was going to give it.

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
I just rewatched this episode and it was okay until the ending. I didn't care that the Chum Bucket was blown up. We've seen that multiple times. It bothered me that the artists showed Karen's "dead" body on screen. I know that Plankton just rebuilt her, but seeing my favorite character's head on the ground is upsetting and shouldn't be in a kid's show. The episode was good until the ending, so I give it a 6/10.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
This was a pretty okay episode. It wasn't really that funny to me, but it was definitely higher quality than the episodes had been at that point. A solid 5/10 if I've ever seen one.

Great episode. It's so much better than All That Glitters. And I mean so much better. It actually makes sense, actually good jokes, and I like some of Plankton's lines. This is all stuff that All That Glitters was lacking.

Ranking so far:
1. License to Milkshake (A)
2. Evil Spatula (A)
3. Eek, an Urchin! (A)
4. Bumper to Bumper (B)
5. Jailbreak! (B)
6. Patrick-Man! (B)
7. Extreme Spots (B)
8. Gary's New Toy (B)
9. Squirrel Record (C)
10. Squid Defense (D)
11. Squid Baby (E)
12. Little Yellow Book (F)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This episode is really forgettable. I watched it like 3 times and I couldn't remember a single thing from it, except for the ending. There's nothing really bad about it, but there's just nothing that makes it interesting at all. It just feels like a better version of All That Glitters and all of those Imitation Krabs rip-offs from season 7.

Meh episode (5/10)

1. Eek, an Urchin! (7)
2. License to Milkshake (7)
3. Jailbreak (7)
4. Extreme Spots (7)
5. Squid Defense (6)
6. Gary's New Toy (6)
7. Bumper to Bumper (6)
8. Squirrel Record (5)
9. Evil Spatula (5)
10. Patrick-Man! (5)
11. Squid Baby (3)
12. Little Yellow Book (2)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
A WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better version of All That Glitters i liked the jokes and humor very funny indeed!

Rating: Good Episode

Rankings:
License to Milkshake (Perfect)
Patrick-Man! (Amazing)
Eek, An Urchin! (Awesome)
Squirrel Record (Great)
Extreme Spots (Good)
Evil Spatula (Good)
Squid Baby (Okay)
Jailbreak! (Okay)
Squid Defense (Mediocre)
Bumper to Bumper (Meh)
Gary's New Toy (Bad)
Little Yellow Book (Inferior)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Seems we can’t go very long without a Plankton episode either, because here we are again with another Plankton plot in “Evil Spatula”! And I’ve got no problems with that. This episode is a great example of a Plankton plot anyway.

This episode starts off pretty good. I like the idea that Mr. Krabs cleans his money, because he absolutely would. And he’s right, paper money is nasty. I try not to think about it. I mean credit and debit cards are also nasty I’m sure, but not to the same degree. Also…people who stuff their money in their sock or bra…ew. And this part of the episode is also pretty funny, with some great expressions and visuals, such as when SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs get their faces blown off. I also love how convenient it is for Plankton that SpongeBob did this, because imagine if they were at their full capacities and he just faxes himself in there?? That would be so awkward LMAO.

This episode seems to be on a mission of making sure that it’s clearly better than “All That Glitters”, and it shows haha. SpongeBob’s dramatics here are perhaps not quite on the level as the “crying in different locales” of that episode, but beyond that, everything is definitely better. For one thing, we don’t have SpongeBob running around naked thank the lord. We can start and end there, honestly. Anyway, SpongeBob’s reaction to his spatula being painted as creepy by Mr. Krabs is hilarious, and one of the divergences that puts this episode above “All That Glitters”. Okay, I can let that episode rest now, it’s been 5 months haha (also…I’ve been doing this for 9 months…wow.)

I love that SpongeBob is apparently a spatula enthusiast, I’ll add it to the list of hobbies of his that I adore. And again, it’s quite in character for him, so I’ve got no issues there. Not that I ever would. I can believe SpongeBob doing almost anything. Now that I’m thinking about it, this entire episode almost feels like a reference to “Help Wanted”, beyond the fact that SpongeBob works at the Krusty Krab lol.

Once SpongeBob gets the Sizzlemaster, the similarities to “All That Glitter” appear once again. Yeah I know I said I’d let it go, but I lied. I mean come on, jerkish spatula that’s interfering with SpongeBob’s work? Please, the jokes write themselves. But I would never call this episode a rip-off, so don’t even go there. Though by now I doubt anyone would expect me to do that. I hope. Anyway, after quitting time, SpongeBob goes home and uses the Sizzlemaster in many, many unhygienic ways (SpongeBob, you are a fry cook! You CANNOT be using your spatula to clean litterboxes!!!). But anyway, that part of the episode is pretty funny, so I forgive such unhygienic things.

As for the ending of this episode, I love it. Plankton almost gets what he wants, but of course Mr. Krabs is actually somewhat sharp when it comes to Plankton’s schemes, so he clocks Plankton’s plot from a mile away. We get a great call-back to the beginning of the episode, which ends things perfectly.

Y’all thought I’d forget, but nope! Gorgeous background alert! And another! Yeah, this is my new thing. I’m gonna do it every time (I love that they’re in HD now too). And the first one has gotta be one of my absolute favorites. Anyway, let me sum up “Evil Spatula”. This episode is great. It’s got some really funny moments, and I love every character in this episode. There’s really nothing that I can say bad about this episode either, so I happily won’t. It’s just a good, solid, Amazing-tier episode.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.2/10

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
A good episode. I know a lot of people compare it to All That Glitters, but the ideas in the episode are similar. But that's not a bad thing. It doesn't feel like this episode is ripping off All That Glitters. But it feels like it's taking an idea from before and improving on it, while doing something different. I'm ok with reusing similar ideas from the past if they can improve on them and do something new. I think this episode is an improvement from All That Glitters. Admittedly I kinda liked All That Glitters, but I feel it's still a weaker episode from Season 4. Evil Spatula improves on it by having more substance (not just SB crying) in the episode while having some great jokes and humor. Some jokes that stood out to me are Plankton saying he's not actually touching the Snail litter and getting mad that his spatula has smell sensors. So overall, this is a great improvement to a weaker episode from the past. This episode shows you can reuse old ideas without it being a bad thing. There are a few other episodes where old ideas are reused, but I don't feel like anything new is done with them.

Back