184a. Jailbreak!

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I liked where this episode went, there weren't too many laughs but there were some big hitters, excellent look as well.

8/10

Donuts

Floating Shopping List
I really like that this episode began with Plankton in jail, instead of devoting a minute or two at the beginning to show how he got there. Like Bumper to Bumper, the episode felt like a fresh take on a tired concept

A nice episode. The premise is cool, the jokes are pretty good, and I like the twist ending where it turns out the cops were hiding in the safe the whole time. It's a cool episode and I'd recommend it.

Ranking so far:
1. License to Milkshake (A)
2. Eek, an Urchin! (A)
3. Bumper to Bumper (B)
4. Jailbreak! (B)
5. Patrick-Man! (B)
6. Extreme Spots (B)
7. Gary's New Toy (B)
8. Squirrel Record (C)
9. Squid Defense (D)
10. Squid Baby (E)
11. Little Yellow Book (F)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This is an all around solid episode. It's not one of the best episodes, just one of the most solid out of all the season. The story is tightly written, there's not that much comedy but the jokes they tell work, and I never felt bored. Nothing else I can really say about this episode, it's just really solid.

Good episode (7/10)

1. Eek, an Urchin! (7)
2. License to Milkshake (7)
3. Jailbreak! (7)
4. Extreme Spots (7)
5. Squid Defense (6)
6. Gary's New Toy (6)
7. Bumper to Bumper (6)
8. Squirrel Record (5)
9. Patrick-Man! (5)
10. Squid Baby (3)
11. Little Yellow Book (2)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Am i the only one who didnt really care for this episode a whole lot? I just thought this was a generic boring episode i know it had some good jokes but its really boring! So it deserves a 6/10.

Rating: Okay Episode

Rankings:
License to Milkshake (Perfect)
Patrick-Man! (Amazing)
Eek, An Urchin! (Awesome)
Squirrel Record (Great)
Extreme Spots (Good)
Squid Baby (Okay)
Jailbreak! (Okay)
Squid Defense (Mediocre)
Bumper to Bumper (Meh)
Gary's New Toy (Bad)
Little Yellow Book (Inferior)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Finally, another episode I clearly remember premiering. Though, this also was never an episode I felt strongly about. I liked it, but I didn’t love it. At least, not that I can remember. But as a kid I felt even more nothing but love for SpongeBob, at least until critics started swaying me. Which would’ve been around the time of this episode premiering, actually. Maybe a little later.

I like that this episode starts with the French Narrator, since it has again been a little bit since we’ve seen him narrate the beginning of an episode. “Jailbreak!” reminds me a lot of “Krabby Road”, especially with this beginning, as they begin somewhat similarly, with Plankton being in jail and then breaking out. Except this time, the little dude has help. And seeing Plankton interact with other people who aren’t the main characters is always a treat, and this goes for any of our main characters too. I really like how other prisoners look up to Plankton, because honestly it makes sense, given how many times the guy has broken out of jail lol. But other than that, considering that his plans always fail…not much to look up to, I’m afraid. Ha! That’s funny in two ways!

And I like that we see more of Plankton’s life in jail in this episode compared to “Krabby Road”. Karen’s visit was fun, and I’m choosing to believe that she was messing with Plankton there, because Karen is not dumb, she definitely knew what he was trying to insinuate, she just didn’t rise to that bait. SpongeBob volunteering (because let’s be real, boy ain’t getting paid) at the jail just to keep an eye on Plankton is also kinda cute, idk, I love his little uniform!

Also, I love that apparently chum is a hot commodity in the criminal underworld. I guess that explains how Plankton is still in business at all. Maybe Plankton needs to go fully down that route, start becoming a supplier for criminals in earnest so he can hire them to steal the formula or something. Though that might get him in jail even more than stealing the formula. But imagine if this show went down the route of a show like Queen of the South, Narcos, or Breaking Bad LMAO. Maybe that’s what a Plankton spin-off should be about. Sorry, my crime drama loving self is loving this idea too much.

This episode has some pretty great jokes in it, such as Plankton’s quips, which are usually always funny. I loved the moment with the guy talking about how chum makes a good disguise, and he ends up looking like Squidward. That was hilarious. And anyone who liked that joke but didn’t like the one in Sponge On The Run owes me financial compensation, by the way.

I love how I completely forgot SpongeBob was a character in this episode, because I was so entranced by the scenes between Plankton and the prisoners. But of course, SpongeBob hears them all talking about a jailbreak, so he goes to warn Mr. Krabs. I’m just glad that the episode doesn’t do something stupid like have Mr. Krabs not believe SpongeBob or something along those lines, because that would’ve really grinded my gears fr. Nah, it just makes the incoming jailbreak and action even better.

Then we move to the actual jailbreak, which is a pretty entertaining scene. I love me some action, and chum being used as a bomb? Count me in! And I love how it ends up with everyone just breaking out through the front door instead, that was a good expectation subversion. It’s here that I’m reminded a lot of both “The Inmates of Summer”, and the two-parter episode from Avatar: The Last Airbender, “The Boiling Rock” (I love that episode because I love jailbreaks. I just wish Aang was in it more because he’s my favorite. lol if anyone ever wants to talk ATLA, I’m here…but you might not like my opinions). The prisoners make it to the Krusty Krab, and get in with very little issue lol. And here is where hilarity ensues, as Plankton is due to fail in a bizarre way, and fail he does, because turns out Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob hid the entire Bikini Bottom Police Department in the safe. Hilarious.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.4/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
i always think this is a S8 episode lol. also this is one of the few times we actually see plankton in prison

Back