182b. Bumper to Bumper

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
This one's watchable I guess. Kinda goes "inSpongeniac" on us for a couple of minutes though it's not as weird as that episode. Ends up being the usual Mrs. Puff SpongeBob episode at the end though so I'll be nice and just give this a 6.5/10. I really do hope that someday they will give these kinds of episodes some closure. Maybe in the next season. I might also rewatch this episode to see if I like it better the second time.

If you know me, you know how I feel about this episode. I have a weird attachment to it in that I absolutely love it as the best of Season 9. Yeah, shoot me. I'm just so attached to this one I just love it. I am blinded by the bad. If I had a normal relationship with this episode then I'd give it a 7 or 8 but something's wrong with me and I love this one 10/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: Bumper to Bumper

This episode was pretty decent. I kinda liked the plot. There were some jokes. 6.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I don't really remember it but I remember me liking...but because it's forgettable I am giving it a 7.5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Most unoriginal boating school episode. There is barely any good jokes or plot points in it. 5/10

Donuts

Floating Shopping List
Not sure about unoriginal. I thought this was the most fresh a boating school episode has felt in a while, moreso than anything in season 8 at least.

Reactions: Reg
Another pretty good episode. I found this episode to be enjoyable in some regards. This episode could have used more jokes, but it tells a great story, so it's not all bad. Plus, it's nice to see a boating school episode in HD.

Ranking so far:
1. License to Milkshake (A)
2. Bumper to Bumper (B)
3. Patrick-Man! (B)
4. Extreme Spots (B)
5. Gary's New Toy (B)
6. Squirrel Record (C)
7. Squid Baby (E)
8. Little Yellow Book (F)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode is pretty uninteresting for the most part but the ending is just terrible. This episode is pretty much Nautical Novice except worse.

Bad Episode (3.5/10)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This episode is alright I guess. There were some okay jokes and I liked the chase sequence at the end. I don't really have much to say about it other than that it's just kind of an okay Boating School Episode.

Decent Episode (6/10)

1. License to Milkshake (7)
2. Extreme Spots (7)
3. Gary's New Toy (6)
4. Bumper to Bumper (6)
5. Squirrel Record (5)
6. Patrick-Man! (5)
7. Squid Baby (3)
8. Little Yellow Book (3)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
This episode is pretty uninteresting for the most part but the ending is just terrible. This episode is pretty much Nautical Novice except worse.

Bad Episode (3.5/10)
Per this guy only i think its meh...

It was just uninteresting and i liked the idea but its meh

Rating: Meh Episode

Rankings:
License to Milkshake (Perfect)
Patrick-Man! (Amazing)
Squirrel Record (Great)
Extreme Spots (Good)
Squid Baby (Okay)
Bumper to Bumper (Meh)
Gary's New Toy (Bad)
Little Yellow Book (Inferior)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
“Bumper to Bumper” is, finally, not a notorious or infamous or even disliked episode, and thank God for that. It’s a Boating School episode, which means we get to see some Mrs. Puff, which is, as always, a win for me.

The contrast between the first student and SpongeBob is…stark, and I love it. SpongeBob failing his driving test is one of those things that almost always works, it’s always got some fun visuals and gags going along with it. Mrs. Puff’s utter disdain for SpongeBob is clear yet again, though “Demolition Doofus” did it better. But that’s also because Mrs. Puff’s homicidal rage towards SpongeBob was the focus of the plot lol. This episode is more about Mrs. Puff just trying to get SpongeBob to pass and get out, like “No Free Rides”. Also, I love how this episode references the infinity painting from that one. Also, Mrs. Puff being a “jailbird” is something else I find to be inherently funny. Good on Bikini Bottom for hiring people with a record, if only the United States could do the same…

One thing I love about this episode is that it basically explains why SpongeBob can’t drive. He just gets too nervous and overthinks it! And I know that some episodes show SpongeBob with the opposite problem, he doesn’t think at all, but I think this is the best interpretation for SpongeBob’s lack of driving prowess. Mrs. Puff’s idea here is honestly a little cray-cray though, like SpongeBob can’t drive on the course, how in the H is he going to fare on a real road??? But hey, hilarity ensues, so I can’t be mad at this at all.

Well, turns out that Mrs. Puff doesn’t even take him to a road-road anyway. Instead, they drive to the middle of nowhere, where again I just have to praise these background artists! They know the assignment, I’m in love with this look! Seeing SpongeBob become more and more entranced by Mrs. Puff’s advice is enjoyable to watch, and it’s of course even more enjoyable as we transition over to the typical SpongeBob chaos. I love how any time driving is shown on anything, they always say that highways are the final boss of driving. Personally, I disagree. Highways are “easy” to me because of the lack of stoplights. You of course have to pay attention and such, and especially with older cars (which I have) it feels like you could fly off the road at any point, but I find it an H of a lot easier than city driving. Narrow downtowns? Navigating? Parallel parking? Now that’s a final boss.

The chaos of this last scene is, of course, very fun to watch. I mean, it’s SpongeBob failing to drive, plus a cop trying to pull him over, plus Mrs. Puff screaming…what more could I ask for? I love chaos endings. I truly do.

Oh, and one more thing. Congrats to this episode for being the first Amazing-tier episode of season 9. It only took 8 episodes to get here. My oh my.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.1/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
“Bumper to Bumper” is, finally, not a notorious or infamous or even disliked episode, and thank God for that. It’s a Boating School episode, which means we get to see some Mrs. Puff, which is, as always, a win for me.

The contrast between the first student and SpongeBob is…stark, and I love it. SpongeBob failing his driving test is one of those things that almost always works, it’s always got some fun visuals and gags going along with it. Mrs. Puff’s utter disdain for SpongeBob is clear yet again, though “Demolition Doofus” did it better. But that’s also because Mrs. Puff’s homicidal rage towards SpongeBob was the focus of the plot lol. This episode is more about Mrs. Puff just trying to get SpongeBob to pass and get out, like “No Free Rides”. Also, I love how this episode references the infinity painting from that one. Also, Mrs. Puff being a “jailbird” is something else I find to be inherently funny. Good on Bikini Bottom for hiring people with a record, if only the United States could do the same…

One thing I love about this episode is that it basically explains why SpongeBob can’t drive. He just gets too nervous and overthinks it! And I know that some episodes show SpongeBob with the opposite problem, he doesn’t think at all, but I think this is the best interpretation for SpongeBob’s lack of driving prowess. Mrs. Puff’s idea here is honestly a little cray-cray though, like SpongeBob can’t drive on the course, how in the H is he going to fare on a real road??? But hey, hilarity ensues, so I can’t be mad at this at all.

Well, turns out that Mrs. Puff doesn’t even take him to a road-road anyway. Instead, they drive to the middle of nowhere, where again I just have to praise these background artists! They know the assignment, I’m in love with this look! Seeing SpongeBob become more and more entranced by Mrs. Puff’s advice is enjoyable to watch, and it’s of course even more enjoyable as we transition over to the typical SpongeBob chaos. I love how any time driving is shown on anything, they always say that highways are the final boss of driving. Personally, I disagree. Highways are “easy” to me because of the lack of stoplights. You of course have to pay attention and such, and especially with older cars (which I have) it feels like you could fly off the road at any point, but I find it an H of a lot easier than city driving. Narrow downtowns? Navigating? Parallel parking? Now that’s a final boss.

The chaos of this last scene is, of course, very fun to watch. I mean, it’s SpongeBob failing to drive, plus a cop trying to pull him over, plus Mrs. Puff screaming…what more could I ask for? I love chaos endings. I truly do.

Oh, and one more thing. Congrats to this episode for being the first Amazing-tier episode of season 9. It only took 8 episodes to get here. My oh my.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.1/10
i always loved the scene where they crash into that house 1688666754217.png reminded me of the S4 box art lol

Back