182a. Little Yellow Book

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Because, as a Loud House fan, I like Lola Loud and her catchphrase, along with Lincoln, Lisa, Leni, Luan, Lynn and Luna. And stop offending my favorite show (The Loud House). Look, I don't wanna offend you, but keep your opinions to yourself. Plus, it's good to use other cartoon references outside SpongeBob as reactions. It's like MoBrosStudios, man.

Uh-oh.

Might wanna run away before everyone tries to kill you :P

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
BobCarotte said:
I was being a little bit sarcastic. Sorry for offending you.

Surprisingly, most people on SBM dislike The L House including me. If you make references to this show in every SPONGEBOB review, you will annoy people here, no offense. Also, I think you should calm down a little when reviewing an episode you hate. I don't want people to think you're some hater that relies on "bad reviewer's reviews", in this case MoBrosStudios.
Wintermelon43 said:
Uh-oh.

Might wanna run away before everyone tries to kill you :P
SO, what are you saying, am I the only SBM member who loves The Loud House? Its their opinion if most of the other SBM members hate The Loud House. I do love SBSP and TLH. And by the way, I'll never annoy everyone here in SBmania. I never offend anyone here in my life.

What did I just say about how the worst is yet to come? Yep, this episode is worse than Squid Baby. It's like Fools in April, but worse. And I thought that episode was pretty bad! Squidward's a jerk, but his punishment goes too far, and the townspeople are horrendous. Plus, most of the jokes fall flat. Like this one: "I guess I'm peaked to 'peek' at that book!".

Ranking so far:
1. License to Milkshake (A)
2. Patrick-Man! (B)
3. Extreme Spots (B)
4. Gary's New Toy (B)
5. Squirrel Record (C)
6. Squid Baby (E)
7. Little Yellow Book (F)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This episode is just plain mean. The thing that really irks me about it is that the comeuppance that Squidward gets feels so forced and that they only did it to punish him for his misdeeds, which doesn't even matter because he doesn't even learn anything in the end! I also really dislike the townspeople in this episode. This episode is just painful to watch in general.

Awful episode (2/10)

1. License to Milkshake (7)
2. Extreme Spots (7)
3. Gary's New Toy (6)
4. Squirrel Record (5)
5. Patrick-Man! (5)
6. Squid Baby (3)
7. Little Yellow Book (2)

MimicMadness

Born On January 14
What did I just say about how the worst is yet to come? Yep, this episode is worse than Squid Baby. It's like Fools in April, but worse. And I thought that episode was pretty bad! Squidward's a jerk, but his punishment goes too far, and the townspeople are horrendous. Plus, most of the jokes fall flat. Like this one: "I guess I'm peaked to 'peek' at that book!".

Ranking so far:
1. License to Milkshake (A)
2. Patrick-Man! (B)
3. Extreme Spots (B)
4. Gary's New Toy (B)
5. Squirrel Record (C)
6. Squid Baby (E)
7. Little Yellow Book (F)
AND RIGHT AFTER A SQUIDWARD TORTURE EPISODE!

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Hey you know what Squidward! Go (dolphin noise) yourself in this episode! You were jerky and you literally made SpongeBob cry! WHAT THE (dolphin noise) IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Rating: Inferior Episode

Rankings:
License to Milkshake (Perfect)
Patrick-Man! (Amazing)
Squirrel Record (Great)
Extreme Spots (Good)
Squid Baby (Okay)
Gary's New Toy (Bad)
Little Yellow Book (Inferior)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
How fun, a notorious episode riding the coattails of another notorious episode! And let me just say something right now, in the past, I always disliked this episode more than “Squid Baby”. Time to see if this still holds up!

Well, the beginning of this episode is for sure an improvement over the previous, again starting with Squidward relaxing after a funny joke involving a customer. Things start declining, though, once Squidward sees SpongeBob’s diary, and the plot becomes very predictable. And this is not a plot I like, not at all. And do you know why? I’m sure you can guess. If you thought anything along the lines of secondhand embarrassment, congratulations, you are correct! I hate secondhand embarrassment. I have made this abundantly clear throughout these reviews. So when this episode makes it the entire plot, you best believe I’m immediately unhappy.

“Little Yellow Book” doesn’t even try to make the embarrassment entertaining, in my opinion. The scenes of Squidward making SpongeBob do the things he’s written about in his book are at best boring as L, and at worst so uncomfortable and unpleasant to watch. Especially because Squidward’s not doing this alone, he has an audience, and they’re all laughing at the little yellow guy. I’m just trying to figure out what’s supposed to be entertaining about this. Because not only is this plot not good, but it’s even worse that it’s happening to SpongeBob! He is the main character, no one wants to see him lose like this. The sooner we learn this, the sooner we can stop having plots like this. And honestly, we had moved on from plots like this…last time anything like this happened was in season 7!

Squidward, for perhaps the first time ever, is absolutely insufferable here. What he does in this episode crosses the line in every way for me. The reason why SpongeBob ruining Squidward’s day/life is funny is because it’s misfortune and never on purpose. Squidward here is actively malicious and it’s extremely unpleasant. And don’t think I forgot about the Bikini Bottomites here, this is their worst showing this side of “Someone’s in the Kitchen With Sandy”, full stop. Especially when it comes to their utter hypocrisy. They’re laughing at SpongeBob for like 3 minutes, and then when it somehow becomes more clear to them that Squidward is reading SpongeBob’s diary (because how did they not realize this??), they turn on him?? No, act the way you act with your full chest. Squidward may have been the impetus and worst offender, but they all deserved severe consequences just like him. Oh and don’t think I forgot about Patrick. Trash. The only person who didn’t annoy me is Mr. Krabs, as he’s the only one to clearly not listen to Squidward’s reading of the diary, so he’s the only one who can actually chew Squidward out like he does in the episode.

The one thing I like about this episode is that we get to see SpongeBob’s perspective on a lot of things through his diary. I love this guy’s endless optimism and joy (which is clearly exhausted to some degree in this episode, yet another reason I don’t like it at all). And yes, this episode spawned the mocking SpongeBob meme, we move on. And seeing Squidward reap the consequences of his actions was fun, at least until the hypocrisy of the Bikini Bottomites was directly addressed, and until the end of the episode when he decides to read SpongeBob’s real diary because he’s an a-hole.

This episode is immensely annoying and frustrating, with only the smallest smidgen of satisfaction. It's like "Dumped" but a lot worse. My main concern is whether I think this episode is Bad-tier or Abysmal-tier. I think I might have to go with the latter, because of the utterly nonsensical writing, and the aforementioned frustration. So, congrats on being one of five, "Little Yellow Book". Congratulations.

Episode Tier: Abysmal
Episode Score:
2.7/10

TiredandFeathered

Earl’s Revenge
Wow if you look at the old reviews for this episode on SBM, the ratings were actually pretty good, the lowest I saw on like the first three pages was 5/10 and the highest was a 10/10.

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
How fun, a notorious episode riding the coattails of another notorious episode! And let me just say something right now, in the past, I always disliked this episode more than “Squid Baby”. Time to see if this still holds up!

Well, the beginning of this episode is for sure an improvement over the previous, again starting with Squidward relaxing after a funny joke involving a customer. Things start declining, though, once Squidward sees SpongeBob’s diary, and the plot becomes very predictable. And this is not a plot I like, not at all. And do you know why? I’m sure you can guess. If you thought anything along the lines of secondhand embarrassment, congratulations, you are correct! I hate secondhand embarrassment. I have made this abundantly clear throughout these reviews. So when this episode makes it the entire plot, you best believe I’m immediately unhappy.

“Little Yellow Book” doesn’t even try to make the embarrassment entertaining, in my opinion. The scenes of Squidward making SpongeBob do the things he’s written about in his book are at best boring as L, and at worst so uncomfortable and unpleasant to watch. Especially because Squidward’s not doing this alone, he has an audience, and they’re all laughing at the little yellow guy. I’m just trying to figure out what’s supposed to be entertaining about this. Because not only is this plot not good, but it’s even worse that it’s happening to SpongeBob! He is the main character, no one wants to see him lose like this. The sooner we learn this, the sooner we can stop having plots like this. And honestly, we had moved on from plots like this…last time anything like this happened was in season 7!

Squidward, for perhaps the first time ever, is absolutely insufferable here. What he does in this episode crosses the line in every way for me. The reason why SpongeBob ruining Squidward’s day/life is funny is because it’s misfortune and never on purpose. Squidward here is actively malicious and it’s extremely unpleasant. And don’t think I forgot about the Bikini Bottomites here, this is their worst showing this side of “Someone’s in the Kitchen With Sandy”, full stop. Especially when it comes to their utter hypocrisy. They’re laughing at SpongeBob for like 3 minutes, and then when it somehow becomes more clear to them that Squidward is reading SpongeBob’s diary (because how did they not realize this??), they turn on him?? No, act the way you act with your full chest. Squidward may have been the impetus and worst offender, but they all deserved severe consequences just like him. Oh and don’t think I forgot about Patrick. Trash. The only person who didn’t annoy me is Mr. Krabs, as he’s the only one to clearly not listen to Squidward’s reading of the diary, so he’s the only one who can actually chew Squidward out like he does in the episode.

The one thing I like about this episode is that we get to see SpongeBob’s perspective on a lot of things through his diary. I love this guy’s endless optimism and joy (which is clearly exhausted to some degree in this episode, yet another reason I don’t like it at all). And yes, this episode spawned the mocking SpongeBob meme, we move on. And seeing Squidward reap the consequences of his actions was fun, at least until the hypocrisy of the Bikini Bottomites was directly addressed, and until the end of the episode when he decides to read SpongeBob’s real diary because he’s an a-hole.

This episode is immensely annoying and frustrating, with only the smallest smidgen of satisfaction. It's like "Dumped" but a lot worse. My main concern is whether I think this episode is Bad-tier or Abysmal-tier. I think I might have to go with the latter, because of the utterly nonsensical writing, and the aforementioned frustration. So, congrats on being one of five, "Little Yellow Book". Congratulations.

Episode Score: 2.7/10
now this is the episode i call the anti-fools in april

here squidward doesn't regret any thing he did whatsoever like he did in fools of april, he doesn't try to apologize and he's a jerk

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast

Episode Score: 2.7/10
I never liked this one not even from the start...

I love the meme it spawned though

SpongeGuy9

Imitation Krab
The first few minutes were fine, but everything after that is a trainwreck

Back