181b. Squid Baby

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam

Squid Baby: SpongeBob and Patrick must take care of Squidward when he reverts to being a baby.

Clip for this episode: http://spongebob.nick.com/videos/clip/spongebob-177a-krusty-krab-kindergarten-clip.html

Looks weird. I'm not really looking forward to it, but I'm watching it anyways. What do you think this episode will be like? I'll post my review when it airs.

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
It looks good- Looking at it again, Baby Squidward is actually kinda cute. :p I just hope the head injury Squidward suffers isn't too disturbing.

BTW, this is a Season 9 episode.

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam
It looks good- Looking at it again, Baby Squidward is actually kinda cute. :p I just hope the head injury Squidward suffers isn't too disturbing.

BTW, this is a Season 9 episode.

Oh, thanks. And, I'll watch the clip again to see how it is.

cwn

Porous Freak
I didn't like it very much. Good quotes, but I missed the beginning where Squidward became a baby. How did he?

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam
It did have one good quote:
"My face! My face! Also my leg ... but mostly my face!"

But apart from that it was painful to watch. ._.

I agree with you. That was pretty funny, I had a laugh, but it was REALLY strange. I hate when they put bathroom jokes in SpongeBob. But I'm getting ready to watch The Good Krabby Name, so I hope it'll be good!

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
I guess it a was little better than expected, but not really great. I few funny parts though, like the "my leg" reference. I feel like the episodes have a lot of time shoved into a short period... plots should be less spread out.
6/10

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink
This episode was not that good, the plot was kind of dumb and not too special. Mr. Krabs was too much of a jerk, and Squid Baby was kind of annoying. SpongeBob and Patrick weren't too bad, but they weren't that funny. Overall, a 5.4/10.

EDIT: Totally forgot about the "my leg!" reference. Did not expect that, but it would of been funnier if Fred had said it and not Nat, and if they had used the exact sound clip. :p

It did have one good quote:
"My face! My face! Also my leg ... but mostly my face!"

But apart from that it was painful to watch. ._.

Yeah, great "My Leg" reference and title card. I just had to mention that the title card was win! :w00t: Overall, I Squidward was a bit too shouty (like usual) and didn't mind his own beeswax, but aside from that, it could've had more funny parts, but I really got a chuckle out of Baby Squiddy as a Chasier! :passifier: Probably an 8.5/10 from me.

Cha

I love SBM
I loved the montage scene for when SB and Pat were taking care of Patrick. When Patrick was watching T.V. the music sounded awfully familiar like the show he was watching of a guy getting hit in the head with a coconut. A total nostalgia scene there. This is the third time we've heard that music played, btw. I thought it was cuter then I expected. LOVED the my leg part. Overall not bad, I liked it and the scenes didn't drag out.

8.5/10

Perry The Platypus

....What?
it was okay... it had funny parts (the end, the epic spoofing of the my leg gag) but a nice bit of it did not work. kind of dumb. not too bad, but not great. C-

also, it was pretty much Rock a Bye Baliwhatever 2: the spongquel

DirtyDan

Giant Clam
It definitely wasn't as stupid or gross-out as I thought it was gonna be. But my favorite part was that it was in HD. :D

tvguy347

thissitesux12
Squid Baby - 6/10

Well, this certainly met my expectations. I was really hoping this episode might be a great one, but it only turned out to be a 'meh' one. There were a couple funny moments (l really laughed hard when Squidward's house is destroyed in the background xD), but they didn't balance out several scenes (the cash register scene) that felt like they came straight out of Season 6. I really hope more Season 9 episodes don't follow in the same vein as Squid Baby. However, on the positive side, I did enjoy several scenes that held nostalgia towards past episodes (most prominently "Rock-A-Bye Bivalve") and I loved the scenes where Patrick and SpongeBob are taking care of him.

Now, another thing: just right now, I made the typo of "Patrick and Sandy" and that reminds me... WHY can't Sandy be a more prominent character?! I think she would've added so much more to this episode, and this really was a failed opportunity. I think 'Squid Baby' could've been better in numerous ways, but it just flopped, IMO.

Back