181a. License to Milkshake

OldFanNewSkeptic

Moby Dollar
License To Milkshake - 1/10

To me, this was a much weaker episode than "The Good Krabby Name" and "Squid Baby." The sheer lack of any comedic or laugh-worthy material is startling, and the plot was simply horrible. Most comedies (even shows like iCarly) follow some sort of plot throughout the episode. THIS was a setup, not a plot. To me, it was a bunch of scenes attached to each other, like one enormous montage of SpongeBob trying to overcome some sort of obstacle (which is so overused at this point it's not even funny). This has been a real letdown; I expected a lot not just from Season 9, but this episode, and it was a true disappointment.

what this guy said. hopefully other season 9 episodes will be better.

rschotz

Baby Clam
Though a bit corny, I liked how they related getting your milkshake license to the military with the making milkshakes while flying planes and shooting cherries at a target. Not the best episode of season 9, but it kept me entertained.

Planktonamorific

Hey man, that's not cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqEZ4lrn8J4&list=LLJQQkUgndkoKzIU9BIMco3Q
Replace the word "guy" with episode. This episode was...bleh.

hfjs

This was an OK episode. But when they play it on Nick ten thousand times in the same day......

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
I loved this episode, it was really one of the best for s9. sir frosty mug should return in future episodes

Insomnia

Flying Dutchman's Sock
This was just a pretty stupid episode, it felt like it was just trying way to hard to be silly but it just didn't work for me. The only thing I did like was the montage, they got everything right in that short little bit. Oh yeah and the episode didn't make much sense either, what was Spongebob even doing wrong? He did everything like you were supposed to but the milkshakes just stayed frozen for some reason, like I said it didn't make any sense. Also there was nothing funny here.

4.5/10

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Now you need a license to make milkshakes? FTW?

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
The story was decent enough and I really liked Captain Frostymug's design and voice though I can understand that it was light on laughs. Much better than "Squid Baby" though and I also give points for that montage of SpongeBob doing all that stuff with the rock music in the background and I think there was an earlier episode where they talked about SpongeBob having a milkshake license. Leaning towards a 6.5/10 here. I will also give them credit for not making the story entirely centered around the Krusty Krab or being completely in Bikini Bottom so that was kinda refreshing to see as well.

Nygaard said:
This was just a pretty stupid episode, it felt like it was just trying way to hard to be silly but it just didn't work for me. The only thing I did like was the montage, they got everything right in that short little bit. Oh yeah and the episode didn't make much sense either, what was Spongebob even doing wrong? He did everything like you were supposed to but the milkshakes just stayed frozen for some reason, like I said it didn't make any sense. Also there was nothing funny here.

4.5/10
Cartoon logic I guess. I'm just gonna assume that's what they were going for. I honestly wasn't too bothered by that at all. Think the ending could have been polished better.

ScumBob

sicko m0de
ssj4gogita4 said:
Good episode. Not really sure I want to watch it again with Spongebob mixing the ice cream in his body and pouring it out.
Disgusting part. His internal organs are now in the drink.

Back