179b. Squirrel Record

rschotz

Baby Clam
After seeing Extreme Spots, I was hoping they wouldn't show another stunt episode; however, this one definitely had a lot more jokes than Extreme Spots. I loved when she broke the record for woodchucking by getting her cousins, the woodchucks, in on it. And the title of the record book was hilarious. I also agree that the first scene was pretty disconnected from the rest of the episode. I think it would have been even more funny to see SpongeBob pull out the crabby patty without seeing the first scene. Overall good episode, though. :spongey:

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Great episode for the SSSG! I even think that I liked it more than Extreme Spots XD

hfjs

This was a pretty good episode. It resembled "World Records" from Hey Arnold - STRONGLY. It had a great plot, some funny jokes.

ThePineappleLord

Moby Dollar
This episode is a complete rip off of pre-hibernation week because it goes by the same storyline of sandy doing some extreme over the top things with spongebob and spongebob is getting hurt in the proccess, or at least that was the storyline that they were going for.
Exept this time spongebob only gets hurt twice and it takes half the episode to establish the conflict.

Final score 6/10

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
I didn't find this too bad, especially for something that looks like a sequel to Pre-Hibernation Week. Even the part Sandy growing the longest tooth wasn't that gross to me and compared to all the really gross stuff the show has had, I'd say it's pretty tame. There were even some funny drawings here and there that made me laugh. 7/10.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: Squirrel Record

This episode was pretty good. I liked Sandy's idea for a world record. It had some funny jokes. 7.5/10

The Squid

Moby Dollar
Yeah, I'd give this episode a 7.5 too. The premise is a good idea, and the jokes are actually pretty good...

...However, the ending ruins it all. Aside from the fact that it practically negates everything that happened, there are some gaping plot holes:
  1. How did Sandy not realize she had an outdated book? She should have known, or at least got a new copy at the store.
  2. Every record was broken? Was the book created 5000 years ago?
  3. (This one is nitpicky) She did this all in a few days? Heck, how did she do all of it? Considering the Guinness Book of World Records has records like Longest Prison Sentence, or the longest nails. And I don't see tattoos on her. And how would she be the tallest and shortest? And when did the big organized kiss-fest happen? And...

Homie

get outer my space!
The Squid said:
Yeah, I'd give this episode a 7.5 too. The premise is a good idea, and the jokes are actually pretty good...

...However, the ending ruins it all. Aside from the fact that it practically negates everything that happened, there are some gaping plot holes:
  1. How did Sandy not realize she had an outdated book? She should have known, or at least got a new copy at the store.
  2. Every record was broken? Was the book created 5000 years ago?
  3. (This one is nitpicky) She did this all in a few days? Heck, how did she do all of it? Considering the Guinness Book of World Records has records like Longest Prison Sentence, or the longest nails. And I don't see tattoos on her. And how would she be the tallest and shortest? And when did the big organized kiss-fest happen? And...
Cartoon logic k

More

VIP
This episode is plain underrated. I found the episode really enjoyable. Somehow they made gross-out work. =/ So that's awesome! SpongeBob still wanted to help Sandy and protect her, even after winning the record for most injuries sustained in a day, which was a nice twist. I was wondering why it was so low on TV.com. And the writers somehow managed to remember SpongeBob had a Krabby Patty in his wallet, to use in the plot, unlike stuff like Big Sister Sam. After watching it on DVD a lot, I can safely it's my new second favorite Season 9 episode, behind Plankton's Pet. Season 9 is definitely a good comeback, and the first true "Good" season since Season 4 or maybe 5.

end

It was okay. But it was a bit lacking in plot for my taste, much like its partner. Although

The Squid said:
Every record was broken? Was the book created 5000 years ago?
This bothers me more than it should. Do Sandy and co. get no credit for anything? Logically, there would be a few records not yet broken.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
This is basically a stupider version of Pre-Hibernation Week, but without the humor and heavy-metal music.

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
Best part:
Sandy as the 'Trash Monster
Spongebob pulling Sandy's tounge
vlcsnap2012072221h25m18.png

Most of the records were hillarious

Worst: I can't think of anything bad.

10/10

Back