179b. Squirrel Record

iedasb

Crazy Artist
Awesome episode, loved the way SpongeBob helped Sandy in this episode, how he was worried about her...

This is definitely one of my favorites episodes!

10/10

Nothing wrong with it!
Only Sandy haters don`t like this episode :V

Kelton2

Floating Shopping List
Yeah it's obviously a Pre-Hibernation Week rip-off, but that doesn't mean it's bad. It was pretty funny, 8/10.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Very forgettable and kind-of boring, better than Extreme Spots in plot but it's very average.

5/10

Cha

I love SBM
HolographicMeatloaf said:
Probably for the best if you did just one or two sentences with your rating from now on. :) Trying to get others to explain their reasoning for their ratings more.

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
It's an okay episode, this episode is kind of a rip-off, and some scenes were a bit disturbing, but i liked how this episode references GWR realy well.

6/10

It's okay. It was pretty light on the jokes, but I found the story to be pretty cool. The only thing that bothers me here is the fact that we've already seen this plot done in Prehibernation Week.

Ranking so far:
1. Extreme Spots (B)
2. Squirrel Record (C)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Much like Extreme Spots, this episode is kinda boring and predictable. Unlike that episode, though, this episode doesn't really have that many jokes to make up for the lack of substance. Most of it is just Sandy trying to break these world records in sometimes funny ways and Spongebob getting hurt. It's like you don't even need to see the full episode to know what happens. Nothing about the episode is necessarily bad, but I can't really find anything that makes it stand out.

Meh episode (5/10)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Y’all remember the online game Guinness O’ Ripley’s Extreme Arcade of World Records? I played that game so much when it came out in 2012. How was that year so long ago, by the way? Unacceptable. I love how this episode references both Guinness World Records, and Ripley’s Believe it Or Not, because I was reading both of those books when I was a kid. They were just so cool! I know the world records thing is still, you know, a thing. There’s even a website to check out still.

Gorgeous background alert! We’re on the second episode of season 9 and we’ve already got a gorgeous, gorgeous background to look at. Oh how I love the background art in this show. And we get to see it throughout this first scene too, oh what a treat! This episode features SpongeBob being a little weirdo about his job, which I love. This first scene is honestly really funny, poor Squidward lol. And it’s also a good set-up to the episode, as Sandy pops out of the dumpster ready to give us our plot of the day. And yes, don’t think I forgot, this is an automatic win because this is a Sandy-focused episode, how could you tell? Also, one last thing, but I love Chekov’s Krabby Patty here, that’s brilliant.

I love when Sandy episodes focus on the fact that she’s extreme, and loves doing extreme things and getting her adrenaline pumping. We’ve known this ever since we met her in “Tea at the Treedome”, but sometimes I feel like this side of her can be forgotten about. Her trying to beat every record in a book? That’s textbook Sandy cheeks, and a pretty entertaining plot for the episode, in my opinion. And they even make sure not to forget her scientific self too, as she starts trying to science her way to the records.

Just like last episode, this episode is another one of those ones that’s about a collection of antics rather than a more complicated story. In other words, the plot is simple. And I’m perfectly fine with that. It means that this episode delivers on all kinds of fun visuals and interesting records to be broken. And there’s plenty of fun moments outside of that too, like the scene with Plankton. I love how even though he’s evil, he’s got standards, and doesn’t feel good about feeding people raw chum. I’m counting this as a Sandy and Plankton interaction by the way. SpongeBob deciding that he needs to save Sandy from the book is an unexpected direction for the episode, but one I like too.

And then as the episode comes to a close, we of course get the reveal that Sandy didn’t break any records at all—but SpongeBob did! I suppose you could call this an unfair ending to Sandy, but I wouldn’t go that far. I think it’s just humorous misfortune, which is what it was meant to be. And I don't mind some humorous misfortune, not at all.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.7/10

Back