178. Hello Bikini Bottom!

Mr. Sea Shell

Floating Shopping List
This has to be the best SpongeBob episode I've ever seen in a long time! :D The songs were excellent, the characters were good, and it's almost like Band Geeks, only better! :D :D If anyone loves SpongeBob, they should watch this episode, right away! :D 100 out of 10! :D

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
My favorite part is when spongebob and squidward sing together

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
I just realized that this is the last episode ever written by the three people that wrote it- Aaron Springer left SpongeBob after this, Sean Charmatz left SpongeBob after this, and Dani Michaeli left SpongeBob after this. It's even crazier that this episode focuses on undoing the damage of Squidward Abuse, which was a trait that Dani Michaeli and Aaron Springer used in their episodes. To top it off, this episode revolves around SpongeBob, Squidward, and (to a lesser extent), Patrick. The relationship between these three was the entire plot of Naughty Nautical Neighbors. Which was Aaron Springer's first episode of the show.

It probably wasn't intentional by any means, but dang, I find all of that crazy. Feels like the end of an era in some ways.

still love this ep by the way

Web Surfer

Banished
Mr. Sea Shell said:
This has to be the best SpongeBob episode I've ever seen in a long time! :D The songs were excellent, the characters were good, and it's almost like Band Geeks, only better! :D :D If anyone loves SpongeBob, they should watch this episode, right away! :D 100 out of 10! :D
No. Just no.

Squiddykins

take back the falls
I just loved this episode! :) One of my favorite episodes yet! I liked how SpongeBob was harmonizing along correctly with Squidward's clarinet playing, that sounded really beautiful! I was also surprised at how Squidward was actually playing really well. It made me smile a little bit. There were also funny jokes here and there that made me chuckle. The song at the beginning was way too catchy, and the duet that SpongeBob and Squidward sang together... asdfhjkl too awesome for words! <3

Web Surfer

Banished
Mr. Sea Shell said:
Okay, so maybe I went too far on my post. I'll give it a 9/10, then. <_<
Nah, you can give it a 10/10 if you really liked it. Just saying it wasn't better than Band Geeks.

Mr. Sea Shell

Floating Shopping List
Web Surfer said:
Nah, you can give it a 10/10 if you really liked it. Just saying it wasn't better than Band Geeks.
Man, I need to learn how to make my own decisions. ;( 10/10

hfjs

I thought the song that Squiddy and Bobby played (at the supermarket, the retirement home, and at their house) was pretty catchy. 8.998855758483838848584883855848848/10

Patrick-Man!

Floating Shopping List
Best season finale EVER to spongebob(in my opinion) the songs were great. i loved andy samberg as the colonel, funny as always. the chemistry betweem the characters grew incredibly well and the last song was beautiful
10/10

BlueberryFieldsForever

crazy little thing called weed
Squiddykins said:
I just loved this episode! :) One of my favorite episodes yet! I liked how SpongeBob was harmonizing along correctly with Squidward's clarinet playing, that sounded really beautiful! I was also surprised at how Squidward was actually playing really well. It made me smile a little bit. There were also funny jokes here and there that made me chuckle. The song at the beginning was way too catchy, and the duet that SpongeBob and Squidward sang together... asdfhjkl too awesome for words! <3
^agreed

TOO LOUD!

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
Oh boy, I will just leave this here...
*Carefully sets down a sign that says 10/10, slowly backs away and runs*

Hasbean

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I just re-watched this for the second time on PS because I remembered liking the songs (although, admittedly I did not remember much else about the episode). It was actually better than I expected, even with all the good things I heard on the forum.

I do think they went into the plot a bit quickly; why would the Colonel just be standing there while SB and ST have been practicing for all of 30 seconds? But I though the song made up for it. Some people on the page thought "It's High Tide Time We Went on Tour" went on for too long but it was catchy, had some neat animation with visual puns (ie, the pair of Squidward and SpongeBob coming out of the pear) characterized Colonel Carper, and added some plot development with Mr. K. Although some rhymes were forced as they were in Atlantis Squarepantis, they were actually pretty funny (like the gurney guy suddenly getting up at SB/ST's magical tunes, and the 'fan' couplet). What I really didn't like was the ending; would it have killed the writers to have the fish actually like Squidward and SpongeBob's music after all of the misadventures they had throughout the episode? It felt like the whole plot of the episode was for nothing (at least music wise, as it is a music episode) at first. But then I realized that after it was revealed that the fish were just watching a meteor shower SB and ST were...smiling. They didn't know that nobody cared about their music, and I guess what the writers were trying to say is that it didn't matter whether the fish did or not (right Squidward?). The two didn't give up and created an awesome song. Squidward was even about to give SpongeBob a high five! I don't think something like that had happened since Enchanted Tiki Dreams when they and Patrick form a happy circle. So it really didn't bother me that much.

The plot was simple and I didn't find it dull, just like the old SB episodes. The things people had been saying about post-movie characterization (Mr. K the heartless thief, Patrick the insufferable moron, Squidward abuse, Spongebob being annoying and crying or screaming too much, etc.) were mostly averted. Mr. Krabs stole from Col. Carper and forced Squidward and Spongebob to give up a performance manager who actually knew what he was doing, but he got his line of comeuppance in the end. Patrick did very little speaking and therefore didn't get much of a chance to be an idiot. Eating the tire (and yes, I guessed that's what happened before Squidward even said it) was sort of annoying, but the writers did manage to create a good gag out of it and it was what led Squidward to run away before the final song. Squidward did fall over one two many Karmic Cactuses, but they didn't focus on his injuries so it was pretty funny slapstick. I liked the middle of the episode with the grocery instruments (I wish I could play the 99-cent pretzel!) and the "Too loud!" senior. Did you notice how Squidward reverted toward his older characterization? He's sarcastic, makes those unfunny puns, and actually cares about the Krusty Krab. Then there's, of course, the way he treats SB at the end.

This episode wasn't perfect, but it was very good and it managed to keep my attention the whole time. A stand-out special of Season 8, 9/10.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Surprisingly great special. Hadn't really heard much about it and decided to check it out and everyone was in character and Squidward didn't suffer much pain here. The songs were pretty good and I was pretty pleased with what I saw. Even Mr. Krabs suffered the consequences for his actions. Very big improvement over past SpongeBob specials. 9/10

Pyreflies of MJ

Imitation Krab
I thought this one was pretty cute and funny! I didn't care for the singing as much in the beginning, it was kind of needlessly drawn out, but the ending of the episode was sweet and there were some funny parts sprinkled about for sure.

And the almost high-five? Aw yeeeah! ^_^

Back