178. Hello Bikini Bottom!

SizzleFizzle

Imitation Krab
That song is GREAT! Tbh, I still have to review this episode, but that song.

10/10 Would sing again.

CJO5050

Floating Shopping List
The final episode for writers Aaron Springer, Sean Charmatz, and Dani Michaeli, and for animation director Andrew Overtoom.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 8

Episode: Hello Bikini Bottom!

This episode was very good. The plot was really nice. The songs were amazing. The relationship between Spongebob and Patrick was amazing. There were many funny jokes. 8.5/10

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
A great, emotional special, and a good close to Season 8. It's a bit overrated, but that doesn't bother me about this episode. There were some really good jokes ("It was really nice of that Colonel Carper guy to let us borrow his sound equipment!"), and the ending song ("Never Give Up") was sweet. It's also very interesting to see the show employ some continuity. Noticed references to "Kracked Krabs", "Porous Pockets", and a few more episodes here. Props to Sean Charmatz, Aaron Springer, and Dani Michaeli for writing this masterpiece. My only concern, though, was that the episode was rushed.

FaLaLaLaLa Un-i-ver-rse

What year do I come back again?
Sometimes, there are horrible specials (spongebob, you're fired)
Sometimes, there are bad specials (whatever happened to short titles)
Sometimes, there are meh specials (truth or square)
Sometimes, there are good specials (spongebobs last stand)
Sometimes, there are amazing specials (dunces and dragons)
Then, there's THIS. 10/10

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
This Episode is overrated. The fish was a jerk, which set me back on rating.... 8.7/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Fantastic episode. Aaron Springer's last episode is one of his finest post-movie efforts. Everything from the story to the jokes works well and the song at the end ranks as one of the best the series ever produced. What pushed this from getting a perfect 10 was that Mr. Krabs annoyed me a bit but it wasn't that bad and he does get some punishment.

9.5/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
THIS is how you should do 22 minute special here. This is EASILY the best episode of season 8, and it's one of the favorite episodes overall! The story was engaging, creative, and even hilarious in some parts. Heck, even Krabs' greed is tolerable here, as he realizes that it was his mistake. I liked Plankton's appearance, as he was only there for the funniest joke in the episode and it wasn't that typical "Krabby Patty secret formula" episode that I have seen so many times before. There were several amazing songs here (IT'S HIGH TIDE TIME WE GO ON TOUR), but one of the songs takes the cake as the best song in the series, ever. Yep, it is Never Give Up. Never Give Up made a spectacular climax where we get to see SpongeBob and Squidward care for each other, even when they both had trouble in this episode. It can be best described as: FEELS. I love Aaron Springer and I believe that he is one of the best writers in the series, despite the bad episodes that he produced. And I'm sure that he wanted to end his career on SpongeBob writing with a high note. One of the best SpongeBob specials in all the series.

10/10 :sbthumbs:

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
I honestly didren´t like this Special. It could have been better, if you like it´s fine. But it´s least favorite special aside of Party Pooper Pants 6/10.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
A surprisingly good episode saying when it was made. It's comedy is really good, and I loved the part where everyone was watching the meteor showers, but Squidward and SpongeBob thought they were cheering for them. And guess what? No one burst their bubble! I wish more episodes were like that. This episode had stakes, which is good saying its a season-ending special.

A good episode to end a pretty bad season. I think that this episode a quite a few good jokes, a good plot, and none of this episode felt like filler. The writers have done a good job with specials this season.

Final Ranking:
1. The Hot Shot (A+)
2. Frozen Face-Off (A+)
3. Hello Bikini Bottom! (A)
4. Drive Thru (A)
5. Planet of the Jellyfish (A)
6. Ghoul Fools (A)
7. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (A)
8. InSPONGEiac (A)
9. Mooncation (A)
10. The Good Krabby Name (B)
11. Mermaid Man Begins (B)
12. Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation (B)
13. Plankton's Good Eye (B)
14. Home Sweet Rubble (B)
15. Walking the Plankton (B)
16. Karen 2.0 (B)
17. Glove World R.I.P. (B)
18. For Here or To Go (B)
19. The Way of the Sponge (B)
20. Move It or Lose It (B)
21. A Friendly Game (B)
22. Free Samples (B)
23. Chum Fricassee (C)
24. Sentimental Sponge (C)
25. It's a SpongeBob Christmas! (C)
26. Bubble Troubles (C)
27. A SquarePants Family Vacation (C)
28. Accidents Will Happen (C)
29. Treats! (C)
30. Fiasco! (C)
31. Squiditis (C)
32. House Sittin' For Sandy (C)
33. Sweet and Sour Squid (C)
34. Barnacle Face (C)
35. Squidward's School for Grown-Ups (C)
36. Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up is Go! (D)
37. The Googly Artiste (D)
38. The Other Patty (D)
39. Bubble Buddy Returns (D)
40. Patrick's Staycation (D)
41. Oral Report (E)
42. Restraining SpongeBob (E)
43. Face Freeze! (F)
44. Demolition Doofus (F-)
45. Pet Sitter Pat (F-)
46. Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (F-)
47. Are You Happy Now? (F-)

The Tough Sponge Man

Floating Shopping List
Am I the only person on the planet that hates this episode, let alone more than any other episode of the series to date?
:omg::O:krabso:
In case anyone is asking, YES!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERY YES EVER!!!!!!!!!
This is actively my least favorite episode of the series. Why? Let's just get over with this.

STORY
To describe this as short as possible, this episode is about Squidward, SpongeBob and Krabs making a band, Krabs sells the Krusty Krab (I'll get to that later), they get *dolphin noise #1* thrown at them, SpongeBob gets the Krusty Krab back, and sprinkle in Patrick and Songs in there.

Going over every part of the story one by one, SW SB and Krabs making a band isn't exactly an original plot, (Krabby Road has essentially the same base plot, but with Plankton instead of Krabs), but there are other episodes with eerily similar plots, that do something original (Home Sweet Rubble is one), and this one does, since they actually have a band instead of it all being a trick.

Krabs selling the Krusty Krab, is not only un-original, (Selling Out anyone?) but also really, REALLY stupid. Why would Krabs be willing to sell the Krusty Krab, just because he starts a band? He's either an Idiot, or flanderized beyond belief, and I'm 99% sure he does this, just to give a reason to care about the Story, which is just half *dolphin noise #2*.

You know why most people hate about 85% of Pre 2nd movie Squidward episodes?
Because Squidward gets tortured for no reason from start to finished.
That's the exact thing that happens in this episode, except that SpongeBob and Krabs get the same experience. A lot of people will probably point out that Krabs is greedy, and that's why he deserves the torment he gets, and to that I say, HE SOLD, THE ONE *dolphin noise #3* ING THING IN HIS LIFE, THAT MADE HIM MONEY, IN THE FIRST PLACE! HE ISN'T GETTING A *dolphin noise #4* ING PENNY FROM HIS BAND! HE HAS A *dolphin noise #5* REASON TO BE CHEAP! WHY IS HE STILL GETTING *dolphin noise #6* THROWN AT HIM!?! They pay a bill at the shopping mall, they get no response from Shady Shoals (er, sorry, Shady Lanes) and they get battered and bruised at the birthday party. It's no surprise that they hijack a concert by the end. But, as it turns out,
:krabsoO:: Sorry sir, we were just trying to make at least one penny on our tour.
Adam Sandler Fish (I know he's voiced by Andy Samberg, but I prefer to call him Sandler) :I'M GONNA *dolphin noise #7*ING NUKE YOUR HOUSE AND *dolphin noise #again* YOUR FAMILY'S RADIATED DECOMPOSING CORPSES SIMOLTANIOUSLY AND THEN *good Neptune this guy's swearing a lot* NUKE YOUR DUST PILE OF A HOUSE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's that part of the episode in a nutshell.

The Ending
This is just an *calm down man*pull. After Adam Sandler Fish steals all the money, SpongeBob just gives Krabs enough money to buy the Krusty Krab back. WHERE DID THAT *take a drink every time these show up* COME FROM!?!?

:sad:
Admittedly, even though Patrick doesn't really serve a purpose in the story, he's undoubtedly the highlight. A lot of the jokes he tells are really funny, and he never comes off as annoying. One of my favorites is how he takes Adam Sandler Fish's insult to the bus a compliment.

SONGS
These are what make this special stand out, so if they are *you've passed out, haven't you?* as well, then there really isn't anything saving this special.

High Tide Time
This song, never, ends. It's not a bad song in any way, it's very upbeat and nice to listen to, but it just drags on and on and on that I just want it to end shortly after it starts.

Never Give Up
Despite the animation in this song being weird as all *OH COME ON!*, it's really nice. It sends a nice message about you should never give up, even in the darkest of times and the music is just so soothing to listen too.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
Well, the special was, kind of saved. Some good jokes and the second song in it don't make this episode a total failure, but it still has Squidward, SpongeBob and Krabs tortured for seemingly no reason at all, and since the start of the episode proper is stupid and the end is lazy, I'm just left asking myself "What's the point?" I guess they made this episode to show everyone the song they made, but they didn't have enough time to think about what the episode should actually be, as there's very little substance here, other than that song.

Morals
We're all different in our own different way, and that's a plus. If everyone was exactly the same in looks and minds, then the world would be devoid of conflict, devoid of joy and devoid of substance.
Don't judge an episode by it's fan-base.

Rating
Two cooked fish that sound suspiciously like celebrities out of ten, coming right up.

Last edited:

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I wonder when they completed this episode, because we didn't find out about it until last minute, literally weeks before it aired, but it was still made before Extreme Spots because this is the last episode to be in standard definition.

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Am I the only person on the planet that hates this episode, let alone more than any other episode of the series to date?
:omg::O:krabso:
In case anyone is asking, YES!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERY YES EVER!!!!!!!!!
This is actively my least favorite episode of the series. Why? Let's just get over with this.

STORY
To describe this as short as possible, this episode is about Squidward, SpongeBob and Krabs making a band, Krabs sells the Krusty Krab (I'll get to that later), they get *dolphin noise #1* thrown at them, SpongeBob gets the Krusty Krab back, and sprinkle in Patrick and Songs in there.

Going over every part of the story one by one, SW SB and Krabs making a band isn't exactly an original plot, (Krabby Road has essentially the same base plot, but with Plankton instead of Krabs), but there are other episodes with eerily similar plots, that do something original (Home Sweet Rubble is one), and this one does, since they actually have a band instead of it all being a trick.

Krabs selling the Krusty Krab, is not only un-original, (Selling Out anyone?) but also really, REALLY stupid. Why would Krabs be willing to sell the Krusty Krab, just because he starts a band? He's either an Idiot, or flanderized beyond belief, and I'm 99% sure he does this, just to give a reason to care about the Story, which is just half *dolphin noise #2*.

You know why most people hate about 85% of Pre 2nd movie Squidward episodes?
Because Squidward gets tortured for no reason from start to finished.
That's the exact thing that happens in this episode, except that SpongeBob and Krabs get the same experience. A lot of people will probably point out that Krabs is greedy, and that's why he deserves the torment he gets, and to that I say, HE SOLD, THE ONE *dolphin noise #3* ING THING IN HIS LIFE, THAT MADE HIM MONEY, IN THE FIRST PLACE! HE ISN'T GETTING A *dolphin noise #4* ING PENNY FROM HIS BAND! HE HAS A *dolphin noise #5* REASON TO BE CHEAP! WHY IS HE STILL GETTING *dolphin noise #6* THROWN AT HIM!?! They pay a bill at the shopping mall, they get no response from Shady Shoals (er, sorry, Shady Lanes) and they get battered and bruised at the birthday party. It's no surprise that they hijack a concert by the end. But, as it turns out,
:krabsoO:: Sorry sir, we were just trying to make at least one penny on our tour.
Adam Sandler Fish (I know he's voiced by Andy Samberg, but I prefer to call him Sandler) :I'M GONNA *dolphin noise #7*ING NUKE YOUR HOUSE AND *dolphin noise #again* YOUR FAMILY'S RADIATED DECOMPOSING CORPSES SIMOLTANIOUSLY AND THEN *good Neptune this guy's swearing a lot* NUKE YOUR DUST PILE OF A HOUSE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's that part of the episode in a nutshell.

The Ending
This is just an *calm down man*pull. After Adam Sandler Fish steals all the money, SpongeBob just gives Krabs enough money to buy the Krusty Krab back. WHERE DID THAT *take a drink every time these show up* COME FROM!?!?

:sad:
Admittedly, even though Patrick doesn't really serve a purpose in the story, he's undoubtedly the highlight. A lot of the jokes he tells are really funny, and he never comes off as annoying. One of my favorites is how he takes Adam Sandler Fish's insult to the bus a compliment.

SONGS
These are what make this special stand out, so if they are *you've passed out, haven't you?* as well, then there really isn't anything saving this special.

High Tide Time
This song, never, ends. It's not a bad song in any way, it's very upbeat and nice to listen to, but it just drags on and on and on that I just want it to end shortly after it starts.

Never Give Up
Despite the animation in this song being weird as all *OH COME ON!*, it's really nice. It sends a nice message about you should never give up, even in the darkest of times and the music is just so soothing to listen too.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
Well, the special was, kind of saved. Some good jokes and the second song in it don't make this episode a total failure, but it still has Squidward, SpongeBob and Krabs tortured for seemingly no reason at all, and since the start of the episode proper is stupid and the end is lazy, I'm just left asking myself "What's the point?" I guess they made this episode to show everyone the song they made, but they didn't have enough time to think about what the episode should actually be, as there's very little substance here, other than that song.

Morals
We're all different in our own different way, and that's a plus. If everyone was exactly the same in looks and minds, then the world would be devoid of conflict, devoid of joy and devoid of substance.
Don't judge an episode by it's fan-base.

Rating
Two cooked fish that sound suspiciously like celebrities out of ten, coming right up.
Per this guy. I agree that i didnt really like this episode. Its really boring and i know it had some good songs but it just felt like a lackluster of humor and focused more on songs and not jokes.......

Rating: Bad Episode

Rankings:
Mermaid Man Begins (Perfect)
The Hot Shot (Perfect)
Its a SpongeBob Christmas! (Perfect)
Planet of the Jellyfish (Amazing)
Chum Fricassee (Awesome)
For Here or To Go (Awesome)
Restraining SpongeBob (Great)
Oral Report (Great)
A Friendly Game (Great)
Accidents Will Happen (Great)
Treats! (Good)
Squiditis (Good)
Karen 2.0 (Good)
Sentimental Sponge (Good)
Frozen Face Off (Good)
Sweet and Sour Squid (Good)
Mooncation (Good)
The Way of the Sponge (Good)
Plankton's Good Eye (Good)
Glove World R.I.P. (Good)
Are You Happy Now? (Okay)
The Googly Artiste (Okay)
Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (Okay)
Patrick's Staycation (Okay)
Ghoul Fools (Okay)
Drive Thru (Alright)
Pet Sitter Pat (Alright)
The Other Patty (Meh)
Demolition Doofus (Meh)
Face Freeze! (Meh)
Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up is Go! (Meh)
Free Samples (Mediocre)
Squidward's School for Grown-ups (Mediocre)
The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (Mediocre)
Home Sweet Rubble (Mediocre)
Move It or Lose It (Mediocre)
Bubble Troubles (Bad)
Hello Bikini Bottom! (Bad)
Barnacle Face (Bad)
Walking the Plankton (Bad)
The Good Krabby Name (Bad)
A SquarePants Family Vacation (Inferior)
House Sittin For Sandy (Inferior)
Bubble Buddy Returns (Ridiculous)
Fiasco! (Terrible)
InSPONGEiac (Terrible)

And now season 8 is done i will do season 9 some time soon

Last edited:

SuperSponge1234

Dead Inspector
Per this guy. I agree that i didnt really like this episode. Its really boring and i know it had some good songs but it just felt like a lackluster of humor and focused more on songs and not jokes.......

Rating: Bad Episode

Rankings:
Mermaid Man Begins (Perfect)
The Hot Shot (Perfect)
Its a SpongeBob Christmas! (Perfect)
Planet of the Jellyfish (Amazing)
Chum Fricassee (Awesome)
For Here or To Go (Awesome)
Restraining SpongeBob (Great)
Oral Report (Great)
A Friendly Game (Great)
Accidents Will Happen (Great)
Treats! (Good)
Squiditis (Good)
Karen 2.0 (Good)
Sentimental Sponge (Good)
Frozen Face Off (Good)
Sweet and Sour Squid (Good)
Mooncation (Good)
The Way of the Sponge (Good)
Plankton's Good Eye (Good)
Glove World R.I.P. (Good)
Are You Happy Now? (Okay)
The Googly Artiste (Okay)
Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (Okay)
Patrick's Staycation (Okay)
Ghoul Fools (Okay)
Drive Thru (Alright)
Pet Sitter Pat (Alright)
The Other Patty (Meh)
Demolition Doofus (Meh)
Face Freeze! (Meh)
Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up is Go! (Meh)
Free Samples (Mediocre)
Squidward's School for Grown-ups (Mediocre)
The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (Mediocre)
Home Sweet Rubble (Mediocre)
Move It or Lose It (Mediocre)
Bubble Troubles (Bad)
Hello Bikini Bottom! (Bad)
Barnacle Face (Bad)
Walking the Plankton (Bad)
The Good Krabby Name (Bad)
A SquarePants Family Vacation (Inferior)
House Sittin For Sandy (Inferior)
Bubble Buddy Returns (Ridiculous)
Fiasco! (Terrible)

And now season 8 is done i will do season 9 some time soon

InSPONGEiac (Terrible)
Nice you contuine Youre reviweng thing

Back