177b. Move It or Lose It

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I guess the plot was decent and the jokes were okay but there wasn't anything to make this episode memorable or interesting.

6/10

Pretty good episode. There are a few minor nitpicks I have but for the most part it's actually a pretty good episode.

Ranking so far:
1. The Hot Shot (A+)
2. Frozen Face-Off (A+)
3. Drive Thru (A)
4. Planet of the Jellyfish (A)
5. Ghoul Fools (A)
6. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (A)
7. InSPONGEiac (A)
8. Mooncation (A)
9. The Good Krabby Name (B)
10. Mermaid Man Begins (B)
11. Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation (B)
12. Plankton's Good Eye (B)
13. Home Sweet Rubble (B)
14. Walking the Plankton (B)
15. Karen 2.0 (B)
16. Glove World R.I.P. (B)
17. For Here or To Go (B)
18. The Way of the Sponge (B)
19. Move It or Lose It (B)
20. A Friendly Game (B)
21. Free Samples (B)
22. Chum Fricassee (C)
23. Sentimental Sponge (C)
24. It's a SpongeBob Christmas! (C)
25. Bubble Troubles (C)
26. A SquarePants Family Vacation (C)
27. Accidents Will Happen (C)
28. Treats! (C)
29. Fiasco! (C)
30. Squiditis (C)
31. House Sittin' For Sandy (C)
32. Sweet and Sour Squid (C)
33. Barnacle Face (C)
34. Squidward's School for Grown-Ups (C)
35. Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up is Go! (D)
36. The Googly Artiste (D)
37. The Other Patty (D)
38. Bubble Buddy Returns (D)
39. Patrick's Staycation (D)
40. Oral Report (E)
41. Restraining SpongeBob (E)
42. Face Freeze! (F)
43. Demolition Doofus (F-)
44. Pet Sitter Pat (F-)
45. Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (F-)
46. Are You Happy Now? (F-)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Eh not really fond to this one. First of all Krabby Patties are not dangerous Plankton. And second of all i liked the jokes but the plot is really dumb. Therefore i think this is a mixed bag.

Rating: Mediocre Episode

Rankings:
Mermaid Man Begins (Perfect)
The Hot Shot (Perfect)
Its a SpongeBob Christmas! (Perfect)
Planet of the Jellyfish (Amazing)
Chum Fricassee (Awesome)
For Here or To Go (Awesome)
Restraining SpongeBob (Great)
Oral Report (Great)
A Friendly Game (Great)
Accidents Will Happen (Great)
Treats! (Good)
Squiditis (Good)
Karen 2.0 (Good)
Sentimental Sponge (Good)
Frozen Face Off (Good)
Sweet and Sour Squid (Good)
Mooncation (Good)
The Way of the Sponge (Good)
Plankton's Good Eye (Good)
Glove World R.I.P. (Good)
Are You Happy Now? (Okay)
The Googly Artiste (Okay)
Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (Okay)
Patrick's Staycation (Okay)
Ghoul Fools (Okay)
Drive Thru (Alright)
Pet Sitter Pat (Alright)
The Other Patty (Meh)
Demolition Doofus (Meh)
Face Freeze! (Meh)
Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up is Go! (Meh)
Free Samples (Mediocre)
Squidward's School for Grown-ups (Mediocre)
The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (Mediocre)
Home Sweet Rubble (Mediocre)
Move It or Lose It (Mediocre)
Bubble Troubles (Bad)
Barnacle Face (Bad)
Walking the Plankton (Bad)
The Good Krabby Name (Bad)
A SquarePants Family Vacation (Inferior)
House Sittin For Sandy (Inferior)
Bubble Buddy Returns (Ridiculous)
Fiasco! (Terrible)
InSPONGEiac (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
For the penultimate episode of season 8, we’ve got “Move It or Lose It”, which is another episode that I had a very limited recollection of prior to rewatching. For some reason I kept thinking about the ending of “Bucket Sweet Bucket” lol. But upon second thought I did remember at least some of this episode. Didn’t matter though, because I needed to rewatch it no matter what.

This episode gets right into things with the municipal employee posting signs talking about how the Krusty Krab and Chum Bucket are now in violation of a law that states that restaurants cannot be within 100 feet of each other. Ah, sounds like Bikini Bottom is the United States after all, catering to cars rather than pedestrian traffic. Uh…I mean…yeah I can’t pretend I don’t have a soapbox for this one, can I? Also, I’m like 99% sure a law such as this would have a grandfather clause built into it, but let me not overanalyze the fictional legal system this show employs. Anyway, Mr. Krabs and Plankton decide to use petitions to save their respective restaurants. Clearly, we’re being asked to suspend our disbelief, because there’s no way in L that Plankton should be any kind of competition for Mr. Krabs when it comes to which restaurant to save. And that’s taking into consideration episodes where the Krusty Krab doesn’t get much business.

The first problem I have with this episode is that it has way too similar of a plot to “Free Samples”, and those episodes were too close to each other to justify this similarity. Now, I try not to let things like this bother me too much, because these episodes were likely produced close to each other, and so I’m kind of unfairly giving “Free Samples” an advantage just because it had the earlier production code. But also…that episode did this kind of Plankton mudslinging against the Krusty Krab better. I again find myself annoyed by how gullible Bikini Bottomites are, especially because they’ve been eating at the Krusty Krab for forever. And speaking of gullible and easily persuaded, Plankton manages to convince people to sign by giving out money. Now, this is probably realistic, but it doesn’t make it very entertaining for me.

This is also one of those episodes where it turns out the consequences are not at all what everyone thought they were. I feel like as these seasons have gone on, I’ve grown to kind of dislike this trope. It just makes it feel like everything we just watched was pointless, at least when it’s not done well. And I don’t think it’s done well here because why in the H would the employee not tell Mr. Krabs and Plankton that the restaurant will only be pushed back 1 foot? Why would he say bulldozed??? He also says “moved” during that scene, and it would’ve been far better if Mr. Krabs and Plankton just assumed bulldozed, not it coming straight from the employee’s mouth. Oh well, I’m at least glad that the Krusty Krab won, and that the Chum Bucket got destroyed for real lol. That was pretty funny.

“Move It or Lose It” was kinda on the boring side, if I’m being honest. There’s nothing wrong with the episode, per se, other than the plot point I already mentioned, but there’s nothing exactly right either. It’s just…fine. Decent. Dandy. Okay-tier.

Episode Tier: Okay
Episode Score:
6.7/10

Heyo_Heyo

Moby Dollar
For the penultimate episode of season 8, we’ve got “Move It or Lose It”, which is another episode that I had a very limited recollection of prior to rewatching. For some reason I kept thinking about the ending of “Bucket Sweet Bucket” lol. But upon second thought I did remember at least some of this episode. Didn’t matter though, because I needed to rewatch it no matter what.

This episode gets right into things with the municipal employee posting signs talking about how the Krusty Krab and Chum Bucket are now in violation of a law that states that restaurants cannot be within 100 feet of each other. Ah, sounds like Bikini Bottom is the United States after all, catering to cars rather than pedestrian traffic. Uh…I mean…yeah I can’t pretend I don’t have a soapbox for this one, can I? Also, I’m like 99% sure a law such as this would have a grandfather clause built into it, but let me not overanalyze the fictional legal system this show employs. Anyway, Mr. Krabs and Plankton decide to use petitions to save their respective restaurants. Clearly, we’re being asked to suspend our disbelief, because there’s no way in L that Plankton should be any kind of competition for Mr. Krabs when it comes to which restaurant to save. And that’s taking into consideration episodes where the Krusty Krab doesn’t get much business.

The first problem I have with this episode is that it has way too similar of a plot to “Free Samples”, and those episodes were too close to each other to justify this similarity. Now, I try not to let things like this bother me too much, because these episodes were likely produced close to each other, and so I’m kind of unfairly giving “Free Samples” an advantage just because it had the earlier production code. But also…that episode did this kind of Plankton mudslinging against the Krusty Krab better. I again find myself annoyed by how gullible Bikini Bottomites are, especially because they’ve been eating at the Krusty Krab for forever. And speaking of gullible and easily persuaded, Plankton manages to convince people to sign by giving out money. Now, this is probably realistic, but it doesn’t make it very entertaining for me.

This is also one of those episodes where it turns out the consequences are not at all what everyone thought they were. I feel like as these seasons have gone on, I’ve grown to kind of dislike this trope. It just makes it feel like everything we just watched was pointless, at least when it’s not done well. And I don’t think it’s done well here because why in the H would the employee not tell Mr. Krabs and Plankton that the restaurant will only be pushed back 1 foot? Why would he say bulldozed??? He also says “moved” during that scene, and it would’ve been far better if Mr. Krabs and Plankton just assumed bulldozed, not it coming straight from the employee’s mouth. Oh well, I’m at least glad that the Krusty Krab won, and that the Chum Bucket got destroyed for real lol. That was pretty funny.

“Move It or Lose It” was kinda on the boring side, if I’m being honest. There’s nothing wrong with the episode, per se, other than the plot point I already mentioned, but there’s nothing exactly right either. It’s just…fine. Decent. Dandy. Okay-tier.

Episode Tier: Okay
Episode Score: 6.7/10
Ngl this episode is so forgettable I watched it a lot as a kid but still I barely remember what happened in it Lmao

Back