176a. Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team up is Go!

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
Jibbix said:
Hm, a pretty good episode. Not a lot to say here, but I might as well.

Da Good
- The subplot where Spongebob tried to find Mermaid Man And Barnacle Boy was hilarious. "ICE CREAM!"
- And I have to applaud the plot, too- Man Ray and Plankton teaming up is a good concept.
- The way Man Ray eats Krabby Patties got me to laugh.
tongue.png

- I appreciated Mr. Krabs whistling "Blow The Man Down", like he did in Spongebob's Last Stand.

Da Bad
- The ep was a little boring. Not very memorable, to be honest. That was pretty much the only flaw.

I'd give it a 7.5-8.0/10. Not spectacular, but good.
I agree, but I'd give it a lower score for sure. It had a good plot, but was played out poorly.

More

VIP
Longest episode name ever! Relatively good one, though.

7.5/10

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Well, one things for sure, the name of the episode is extremely long! Anyways, this episode is not that memorable like Jibbix stated above. I did like it though. The plot wasn't that bad and overall, I only like it. :)

Kerdem

Banished
Great Episode.I Think SEAVTUIG!/Chum Fricassee Is The Second Best Pairing In Season 8 (Next To Drive Thru/The Hot Shot)

9,5/10

nicoyazawa227

にっこにっこにー♪
It was okay, but Plankton had a Krabby Patty, why didn't he take that one? 5/10 for me.

Patty Sponge

Always Fear
I remember reading this plot before and I thought to myself 'Oh my gawsh, this episode sounds horrible'. Boy was I wrong. Great humour. Great writing. One of the highlights of Season 8 for me.

9/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 8

Episode: Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up Is Go

This episode was kinda good. The plot was interesting, because Plankton teaming up with Man-Ray is a rare moment. There were some funny jokes. 7/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
This episode is a lot of missed potential. Some of the jokes are good but the plot is so underwhelming and the team-up is badly executed. It's a shame they wasted this premise because Best Frenemies, Chum Bucket Supreme, and Chum Fricassee are all very good episodes with team-ups so what went wrong here?

6/10

CherrySponge

There can only be one 'Jellyfishing King!'
Fighting against 'The Pods' with my good friends '
For me, underwhelming and poorly written. Man Ray is a good character but I think most people know that Season 8 had way too many Plankton and Krusty Krab episodes. So therefore, this episode had those predictable elements that made it boring to watch. I don't like SpongeBob's design that much, either. He seemed a bit too Patrick-esque at the beginning and annoyed me as well as Plankton. The ending was at least funny and I like how all three KK members are actually happy.

Two words: Wasted potential. It would've been awesome to see a good Plankton/Manray team-up but Manray doesn't do much, he's just kinda there. Plus I feel like the plot focuses too much on SpongeBob as opposed to Plankton and Manray.

Ranking so far:
1. The Hot Shot (A+)
2. Frozen Face-Off (A+)
3. Drive Thru (A)
4. Planet of the Jellyfish (A)
5. Ghoul Fools (A)
6. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (A)
7. InSPONGEiac (A)
8. Mooncation (A)
9. Mermaid Man Begins (B)
10. Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation (B)
11. Plankton's Good Eye (B)
12. Home Sweet Rubble (B)
13. Walking the Plankton (B)
14. Karen 2.0 (B)
15. Glove World R.I.P. (B)
16. For Here or To Go (B)
17. The Way of the Sponge (B)
18. A Friendly Game (B)
19. Free Samples (B)
20. Sentimental Sponge (C)
21. It's a SpongeBob Christmas! (C)
22. Bubble Troubles (C)
23. A SquarePants Family Vacation (C)
24. Accidents Will Happen (C)
25. Treats! (C)
26. Fiasco! (C)
27. Squiditis (C)
28. House Sittin' For Sandy (C)
29. Sweet and Sour Squid (C)
30. Barnacle Face (C)
31. Squidward's School for Grown-Ups (C)
32. Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up is Go! (D)
33. The Googly Artiste (D)
34. The Other Patty (D)
35. Bubble Buddy Returns (D)
36. Patrick's Staycation (D)
37. Oral Report (E)
38. Restraining SpongeBob (E)
39. Face Freeze! (F)
40. Demolition Doofus (F-)
41. Pet Sitter Pat (F-)
42. Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (F-)
43. Are You Happy Now? (F-)

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
I think the episode is alright I guess. I don't feel like Man Ray is acting like himself though. He acts odd during the episode. He just kinda does what Plankton says with a blank expression on his face mostly. Man Ray doesn't act very menacing like he usually does. Then he just eats a bunch of patties. What is this? I like the idea of him and Plankton teaming up, but I feel like it's wasted here. Not much happens with the team up. Instead of Man Ray eating a lot, he and Plankton should be doing something awesome. So, I think the episode is still kind of entertaining to watch. But I don't like the way Man Ray acts, and I feel like the Plankton team up is wasted.

Last edited:

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
This episode just felt like a waste of time in my opinion. The jokes were decent i guess but it most it seemed too boring in my opinion. Making it a meh episode.

Rating: Okay Episode

Rankings:
Mermaid Man Begins (Perfect)
The Hot Shot (Perfect)
Its a SpongeBob Christmas! (Perfect)
Planet of the Jellyfish (Amazing)
For Here or To Go (Awesome)
Restraining SpongeBob (Great)
Oral Report (Great)
A Friendly Game (Great)
Accidents Will Happen (Great)
Treats! (Good)
Squiditis (Good)
Karen 2.0 (Good)
Sentimental Sponge (Good)
Frozen Face Off (Good)
Sweet and Sour Squid (Good)
Mooncation (Good)
The Way of the Sponge (Good)
Plankton's Good Eye (Good)
Glove World R.I.P. (Good)
Are You Happy Now? (Okay)
The Googly Artiste (Okay)
Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (Okay)
Patrick's Staycation (Okay)
Ghoul Fools (Okay)
Drive Thru (Alright)
Pet Sitter Pat (Alright)
The Other Patty (Meh)
Demolition Doofus (Meh)
Face Freeze! (Meh)
Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up is Go! (Meh)
Free Samples (Mediocre)
Squidward's School for Grown-ups (Mediocre)
The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (Mediocre)
Home Sweet Rubble (Mediocre)
Bubble Troubles (Bad)
Barnacle Face (Bad)
Walking the Plankton (Bad)
A SquarePants Family Vacation (Inferior)
House Sittin For Sandy (Inferior)
Bubble Buddy Returns (Ridiculous)
Fiasco! (Terrible)
InSPONGEiac (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Well, that’s a mouthful of a title. Whenever I see the title of this episode, I always think of “The Bad Guy Club For Villains”. It’s that length and redundancy, you know? Also, Man Ray is in both episodes, given that he is a real supervillain, so that’s neat too. I guess in some ways, this can be seen as a quasi-Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episode. Kind of.

This episode begins kind of dully, if I’m being honest. SpongeBob’s going to work song is…thankfully not unpleasant to listen to, but it just feels like it’s filling u0p space rather than actually doing anything. I did appreciate all the cameos in this first segment though, there were references to “Opposite Day”, “Krabs vs. Plankton”, and a number of other episodes through these cameos. And again this just adds fuel to the fire that is my argument about how the show has always engaged in self-reference. Anyway, back to the beginning of the episode. Yeah, it’s kinda dull. Even the doomsday device thing isn’t enough to get me interested beyond my general interest in anything this show puts out. But things do start to get moving somewhat (well, it takes a minute, because we have to sit through a not very funny laughing joke) once Plankton looks in the phone book and sees Man Ray’s ad.

The idea of Plankton and Man Ray working together is actually interesting, and something that has made all too much sense ever since the premiere of “Plankton’s Army”. Yes, I like this idea. The problem is this idea never goes anywhere. First off, the episode takes too long on their introduction, with another…I won’t say unfunny, but not funny…sequence of Man Ray being confused about who is talking to him. And then the episode just doesn’t have Man Ray and Plankton interact very much. Like it would’ve been fun to see them plan their ultimate assault on the Krusty Krab, but instead we just go straight to them working together as a team. It doesn’t feel earned, and it feels like we’re missing opportunities.

I also think that a lot of the part where SpongeBob tries to go get Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy is kinda dull and boring. Some of it is funny, as I’ll talk about later, but a lot of it is not very entertaining. Especially when the entire endeavor turns out to be pointless. Also pointless is Plankton and Man Ray teaming up, since the only thing that comes from that is Plankton getting his hands on a death laser, something he’s already been shown to have.

Also, don’t think I wasn’t going to say anything, but this episode sees the return of the butt-ugly designs I swear to god we left in season 6. And yes, I’ve noticed Springer boarding a lot of episodes, but he’s largely stayed away from these designs. So why are they back here? Delete those stupid cheeks or I swear to god I’ll get properly annoyed. At least the end of the episode was a lovely everybody laughs type ending. Even Squidward got in on it! If only we’d see the trio actually work together throughout the episode.

I keep saying things I dislike about this episode, but there are, of course, things I like too. Mr. Krabs, like he almost always is, is absolutely hilarious. His dramatics when Man Ray show up are great. And I love him and Squidward’s dynamic in this episode. See, now that’s a dynamic that’s been explored and used well. The Man Ray and Plankton one needs lots of work. The joke with the floating cups was fun too. SpongeBob getting kicked out of Shady Shoals was pretty funny too. So basically, things not having to do with the main plot lol.

“Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team-Up Is Go!” is an episode where I felt like I kept waiting for something to happen. Like I was waiting for a good action sequence, or a hilarious joke, or for a good plot. But most of those things didn’t really happen. Everything just felt like a non-ending, in the end, and it’s kind of disappointing. The most disappointing thing is easily the way Man Ray and Plankton’s potential dynamic flopped, though. Like come on! It was right there.

Episode Tier: Okay
Episode Score:
6.2/10

Back